• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 4 days, 5 hours, 12 minutes, 15 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Darksiders Genesis |OT| No. Not Alone.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
When does it become great? As a huge Darksiders fan, I was disappointed in chapter one. The exploration and puzzle elements seem very simplistic compared to the previous games. The combat is dead easy, and exploitable by walking backwards and shooting as Strife. The story is clearly a low budget affair, handled mostly through cartoon cutscenes. The game did not showcase many strengths in chapter one and it was not very fun to play imo.
Yeah, I think you've summed up my fears after watching a gameplay video. I too would like to know if it gets significantly better.

And why on earth can't you pick Apocalyptic, or even Hard straight away..

This game the next in the story? Should I play DS3 first?
DS3 is fantastic, play it.

Zim

Oct 28, 2017
Zim I was wondering if you could let us know what sort of settings the Stadia version is running?
1080p / 60fps or 1440p upscaled to 4k / 60fps.

We tuned it to run well on Stadia, but it is essentially high settings. What's crazy about Stadia, was testing it. It was so easy to boot up, people occasionally forgot it was on Stadia and just thought it was a local PC build.

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
1080p or 1440p upscaled to 4k at 60fps.

We tuned it to run well on Stadia, but it is essentially high settings. What's crazy about Stadia, was testing it. It was so easy to boot up, people occasionally forgot it was on Stadia and just thought it was a local PC build.
Great work, yeah the insane boot times for Stadia games is fantastic

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
1080p / 60fps or 1440p upscaled to 4k / 60fps.

"Essentially high settings" is what I wanted to know! Awesome thanks! Good enough for me, Ill grab it on Stadia.

With how Stadia works, would it be easy enough to bump these settings up down the line when the servers are more powerful? Maybe in a few month, its 4k60 native, and ultra settings or something? Even as someone who owns a rad PC, and all the consoles, I am really interested in how Stadia works. Stadia has basically been flawless for me so far, its such cool tech.

Oct 27, 2017
Dinuba, CA
Finished Chapter 1 (Twice) and boy, this game is something else. This is so much fun so far. I love the top down approach for DS. Can't wait for more!
I just finished Chapter one as well and I'm really enjoying it so far. This is the first Darksiders game I've played and I'm getting into the story far more quickly than I anticipated. I'm curious if this would be more enjoyable solo or trying to find someone to play with? In any case, if anyone wants to do co-op, just hit me up.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going insane trying to do those jumping columns in the void, is there anything other than the stack of 5 tokens in there because i'm down to my last hairs