• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Seems more along the lines of the first than the second, so far.

Actually the whip combat reminds me of Lords of Shadow, more than anything else.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I recently played a bunch of the original game because of the X enhancements on BC, and I still love it. I think the art style aged well, the script and performances are solid, and it uses the environments well.

This isn't selling me, and doesn't feel much different from the design sensibilities of the original, even so many years later. I can't even put my finger on the difference. Even just the pacing of that Envy fight looks work-in-progress, watching passively at least. Combat and movement look rigid, for lack of a better term. Otherwise, I think I dig the main character. It's nice having a protagonist that's more keyed into the world.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good.

The boss battle looked way better than i expected.

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that this will bomb like Bazelgeuse. Looks okayish, but with Sekiro, DMC V around the corner and Nioh 2 and Bayonetta 3 looming I can't get excited for what I see here. Biomutant looks far more interesting that D3 tbh.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Started Darksiders 2 last night, feels very different from 1, but actually like it a lot. Will get this entry next year.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that this will bomb like Bazelgeuse. Looks okayish, but with Sekiro, DMC V around the corner and Nioh 2 and Bayonetta 3 looming I can't get excited for what I see here. Biomutant looks far more interesting that D3 tbh.
I feel the exact same. The newest footage of Biomutant and Sekiro killed the fair amount of interest I had in Darksiders 3. Both of those games just look a lot more creative in their game design and have more thrilling looking combat and better art styles. If Darksiders 3 cost $40 I might have bought it but now I'll probably wait for a sale. But all you others need to buy that shit day 1 so they make a Strife game after this ;).

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Played yesterday at gamescom. Thought it was pretty good! Much more like the first one in terms of level design and combat pacing.
The post apocalyptic earth environment was beautiful and imo, much better than the stuff we got in darksiders 2, for the most part.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
This looks very bland. Guaranteed bomb.

There's literally nothing that stands out about it. Visually it looks very dated, and combat looks about as average as it gets. It's fine if you're excited by what you see, obviously, I just don't see this game selling particularly well. I have no idea what kind of budget this got - I presume a low one - so maybe they'll do okay after it goes on fire sale (I remember Darksiders 2 being available super cheap shortly after its release, which I imagine helped).

Last edited:

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
This looks very bland. Guaranteed bomb.

crystal-ball-240.jpg

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes. So dated looking. Basically, take a PS2 game, spruce up the graphics a bit and this is what you get.

Also, that combat after seeing all the DMCV stuff a couple days ago...Yeah...

This is a deep sale game at best but I will probably pass on it altogether. Bit of a bummer since I thought the first two games were kinda alright at the time.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Still don't like what I see, same as with the footage we got before. Actually, the more I see the less I'm excited about it. Depending on the release date this will probably be a skip for me sadly. Also liked 2 more than 1 so the return to the roots doesn't exactly excite me anyway.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy games on release much anymore. Especially single players. But I do love the Darksiders series and after seeing the doc on Vigil/Gunfire games I know they work very very hard to make these titles. I might just buy it to try and show some support.

Status
Not open for further replies.