• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Gunfire Games
📀 Publisher: THQ Nordic
🎮 Platforms: PC (retail, GOG, Steam, various other digital stores); PlayStation 4 (retail, PSN); Xbox One (retail, XBL)
🏷️ Price: $59.99/€59.99/£44.99 or your regional equivalent* (standard edition); $79.99/€79.99/£59.99 or your regional equivalent* (Deluxe Edition); $99.86/€99.86/£80.99 or your regional equivalent* (Blades & Whip Franchise Pack)
📅 Release date: November 27th, 2018

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
SKUs said:
Deluxe Edition:
Deluxe_Edition_mockup2Simple.png

The Deluxe Edition includes Darksiders III, its soundtrack and 2 paid DLCs that will be released post launch of Darksiders III.

Blades & Whip Edition:

Includes Darksiders III and 2 paid DLCs that will be released post launch of Darksiders III. Also includes Darksiders Warmastered Edition and Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for the ultimate Darksiders experience.
Game information said:
DS3_kampf_628x183.jpg

Return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash Action Adventure where players assume the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, FURY must succeed where many have failed – to bring balance to the forces that now ravage Earth. Darksiders III is the long-anticipated, third chapter in the critically-acclaimed Darksiders franchise.

- Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities.
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story.
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings.
- Sit in awe of Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.
DS3_sprung_628x183.jpg

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Announcement
Flame Hollow
Gamescom 2018
Force Hollow
Fury's Apocalypse
Horse with No Name
Launch
Unleash the Hollows
Accolades

✍️ Reviews:
Era review thread
Metacritic - PC (70)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (64)
Metacritic - Xbox One (69)
OpenCritic (68)

🙏 Special thanks:
Silky for the thread title suggestion.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
it's fitting that an Australian would make the OT for a game about the Apocalypse.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT - really looking forward to this, replaying some of 2 to get hyped. I hope the combat is varied with the different forms, even if it is just the whip. Fury looks badass!

Last edited:

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Gonna get this game reguardless. Don't expect perfect reviews, but I hated the direction of the new God of War, and this seems to be our last hope at a mid tier AA possibly moments of greatness AAA experience for these style of games. Hopefully it hasn't gone too Dark Souls and frame rates and bugs are ironed out with a patch. (Based on rumors from the other thread, but have hopes the Pro version turns out aces).

Hopefully we finally get to see all the horsemen for Darksiders 4!!!

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Still need to finish 2, but glad 3 exists and I'm rooting for it.
The world benefits from AA/"OK" games. :)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Grabbing my copy on tuesday.
Gonna try to accumulate a little more humble credit first :p

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have had Darksiders III pre-ordered since August and im looking forward to playing the game in a few more days.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any good story recap videos for the first two? It's been long enough that I've forgotten almost everything. I thought about just playing them again, but kinda just want to jump into this one on Tuesday.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
A Nordic rep said it's because the Steamworks site doesn't support them, but my reply pointing out that edition-specific release times are something Valve can help with fell on deaf ears. :(

Sounds like an excuse to me tbh given there's plenty of examples where the higher tier edition came with a early unlock.

There's also GOG but I guess they'll just ignore that.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever explain why she's called Fury? Since the last one is Strife (Conquest) she probably represents Famine then?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I notice THQ sponsored a lot of Youtubers to promote the game... probably smart tbh.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
Some early negative buzz put me off for a bit, but fingers crossed that this turns out well. Won't be a day-one purchase, but will definitely pick it up if it reviews well.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever explain why she's called Fury? Since the last one is Strife (Conquest) she probably represents Famine then?
They've just said that Famine didn't make much sense in terms of it translating into gameplay(just like the scales) and none of them are named except Death in the first place.

I guess you could argue that being in a Fury changes the value/meaning of things which is the only thing said about that one.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I remember the last two games being like zelda, is this one more or the same? I didnt even know this was coming out.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Been hearing good things about this from people I know playing it, and I like what I've seen from first impressions videos on YouTube. I'll be playing the PC version, but I hope the technical issues don't outweigh the fun for reviewers.

I remember the last two games being like zelda, is this one more or the same? I didnt even know this was coming out.

This is more of the same, but it's closer to the first game in size and scope. Also, it's apparently taken some cues from Dark Souls in that you fight fewer enemies, but they're tougher.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on when the embargo lifts? Interested but definitely waiting for reviews on this one: I really enjoyed DS1, but DS2 was super disappointing IMO.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Does anyone know how long the discounts last on greenmangaming? I want to wait for reviews before I jump on it.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Hopefully it will be good and more like the first game. Loved Darksiders but Darksiders 2 really disappointed me.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Smart, but more importantly, cheap.

Cheap? Efficient, but to get scale enough to cause impact on your D1, NOT cheap :)

So I bought and played both games so far... liked, but never got passed 8-10 hours. I'm attracted to the franchise but the games haven't really hooked me emotionally yet.

Hoping this one either has the story or the pacing to bring me home!

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Can't wait, I always loved Darksiders universe. Hopefully, it does well for the series for other installments. While I enjoyed both previous I slightly preferred the first one and this one is nice being able to tackle the bosses in any orders, should be very fun.

Although I enjoyed making extremely OP build in Darksiders 2 it was not challenging enough.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Cheap? Efficient, but to get scale enough to cause impact on your D1, NOT cheap :)

So I bought and played both games so far... liked, but never got passed 8-10 hours. I'm attracted to the franchise but the games haven't really hooked me emotionally yet.

Hoping this one either has the story or the pacing to bring me home!

Not "cheap" as in something I could afford, but "cheap" compared to a multi-million dollar Call of Duty-esque campaign.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Really rooting for this game. The series deserves a 2nd chance and hopefully this game steps up and delivers.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Just finished typing up the final draft of my review for the website I work for. I'm pretty excited to share it with everybody.

It's been a long road to get here, but I'm glad it's finally come.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Nice work, OP

I've done my part already and bought the game

Now lets hope for the best

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Very nice OT. I'm pre ordered and should have it on Tuesday. I'm hoping this is good enough to satisfy everyone's expectations. Mine aren't super high and I'm expecting a bit of jank, that will hopefully be patched out quickly. Such is the THQ Nordic way.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I really should play the first 2 games. I own them both. Keep seeing more and more about this one coming up.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Great OT, cant wait to see the reviews pop. Darksiders 2 is one of my alltime favorite games so Ive been waiting for this for a while now.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Cannot wait to play this, so happy they brought Darksiders back from the dead to finish the series, been waiting a long time for another game.

Really hope it sells, so we get part 4 after this. Come on people if any game deserves the support it's this one.