• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I mean at the very least Envy must have spent some time around them, so that she could impersonate a Watcher. Not really the sin represented, but it's possible she could have had some effect, weak as she was.

Ya perhaps but something I was confused on was whether the Council knew the watcher was Envy or not? That twist was a bit confusing to me because I always assumed the Watchers were the Council's power made manifest as a creature.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I had the funniest bug during my run (PS4). There was one of those "lock and hit the multiple swords switches with your glaive thing to open the door" puzzle. I did just that, and my glaive just fell flat right there, and never came back. Kinda like if I tried to throw a boomerang in real life, not knowing what the fuck I'm doing and failing miserably. And that was it, I didn't have the glaive anymore, couldn't pick it up. Couldn't progress. And also there was no way to go back from where I came in, and no way of dying in the small area I was now locked in. I had to force quit the game. Thankfully, I didn't lose a ton of progress.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Seems the FOV Changer can cause crashes if you make the FOV too big :P

Defeated Avarice and trekked around getting Souls and items. Gonna face my next Sin soon so I'll get to that tomorrow. I am taking my time playing the game and overall I am still enjoying it. If anything one update I'd like is for the camera to have a 'center' button. L2/Lock on should be this even if there are no enemies around.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
I broke down and finally bought this yesterday, my love for Darksiders outweighed the middling reviews. I'm glad I did these reviews are far too harsh, defeated the second boss an I loved the look of the area. Combat is snappy and great, I agree with the performance complaints however even with the newest patch the frame skipping and random pauses are annoying.

Game also doesn't seem too difficult, I've died a few times and I'm playing on the difficulty above balanced.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exploration is definitely the strongest part of the game so far. Unfortunately the camera keeps getting in the way, not to mention it's way too close to the character for a 3rd person action game

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
svslZRb.gif

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I said the same thing at that moment.... i was like this game is not as bad as review saying...

but wait before final judgement, I think this is where problem start to rise (I was playing apocalypse difficulty so it probably don't help). This is not a 3-4/10 game, but this is very far from a 7-8 too.

I still love it.

Sure there are a few annoying things but it's still an easy 8 for me.

The challenge on normal difficulty has been good for me, I wouldn't want it any higher.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
You can only get back to that area with the force (purple) hollow. It's dumb, I know; I was really annoyed by it and spent a lot of time trying to find my way back before I gave up and came back later with that upgrade and re-found that area. Luckily there isn't *much* there anyway, but it is necessary for 100%. It's a weird tiny side area that felt like should have led to a proper optional boss that... doesn't.

Yeah, I finally did make it back there after acquiring the Force hollow and was also perplexed why the Harvester wasn't there to have another opportunity to fight it. It seems that if you don't beat the Harvester the first time, you just don't get another opportunity to do so.

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, I finally did make it back there after acquiring the Force hollow and was also perplexed why the Harvester wasn't there to have another opportunity to fight it. It seems that if you don't beat the Harvester the first time, you just don't get another opportunity to do so.

Sorry for not replying to you originally. Era's migration was causing my all sorts of grief. I was never able to find the boss, either.

Nov 13, 2017
Sick fucking ending. Excellent tease for Darksiders 4.

EDIT: Whoa what was that post credits scene? Who were those people?

Last edited:

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game, 15 hours clocked in, great game, loved it as a fan of the franchise, can't wait for DS4.

Great tease to the next game by the way, had no guess it was Strife, only when he did that jumping move on the demon and noticed he had two big guns did I suspect something was up, only to be revealed it was Strife all along, great nod, loved that.

Sick fucking ending. Excellent tease for Darksiders 4.

EDIT: Whoa what was that post credits scene? Who were those people?

The woman is Lilith and the voice talking is Lucifer, they're both in Darksiders 2.

Nov 13, 2017
Just finished the game, 15 hours clocked in, great game, loved it as a fan of the franchise, can't wait for DS4.

Great tease to the next game by the way, had no guess it was Strife, only when he did that jumping move on the demon and noticed he had two big guns did I suspect something was up, only to be revealed it was Strife all along, great nod, loved that.

The woman is Lilith and the voice talking is Lucifer, they're both in Darksiders 2.

Ahhh ok. I had a feeling it had to do with DS2. I never could finish that one. Would always get bored in the gray desert, even after playing it on PS3, PC and PS4. Thanks!

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I keep dying during that sequence where you freeze the conveyor belt with the vertical blocks on it.

It then respawns me way back and I have to traverse like 3 areas filled with enemies just to get back to it....

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
All of you folks saying the ending is just awesome is making me so damned happy. Darksiders 2's ending was just so weak. I need to start getting back into this game so I can see it myself. I wonder how much it will hold up compared to Darksiders 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Now I've got more than one hollow I have a question. Do the passive abilities on the enhancements stay active even if I don't have that hollow equipped?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
All of you folks saying the ending is just awesome is making me so damned happy. Darksiders 2's ending was just so weak. I need to start getting back into this game so I can see it myself. I wonder how much it will hold up compared to Darksiders 1.

Well damn. I've been using that crawl space. Vulgrin is on the opposite of the conveyor?

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Man, the camera is shitting me to tears.

When I squeeze the trigger to lock onto an enemy, the camera should immediately move to put that enemy on camera.
It's fucking infuriating that it doesn't!

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Nearing the end of the game and its just incredible how much content the team put out with a 2 year dev time and like 40 people working on the title. Technical issues aside, this is a way more compelling and enjoyable game than Darksiders 2 and might just end up being my favorite of the three games. I wish it had launched in a better state, but beyond that I couldn't ask for a better new Darksiders. This is everything I wanted.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
how did people upgrade 5 enhancements to balanced so fast? My last few days of playing ive just been going around trying to get artifacts. I still need like 6 angelic and 1 demonic to finish off the last one. Im at the point where I feel like ive explored everything and cant find more. I have one more boss to go. Ive bought all the ones vulgrim has had up till this point.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
how did people upgrade 5 enhancements to balanced so fast? My last few days of playing ive just been going around trying to get artifacts. I still need like 6 angelic and 1 demonic to finish off the last one. Im at the point where I feel like ive explored everything and cant find more. I have one more boss to go. Ive bought all the ones vulgrim has had up till this point.
There is an equipment thst inxreases enemy item.drop chance so they couldve used that

Also some hanging hives have items in them.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
There is an equipment thst inxreases enemy item.drop chance so they couldve used that

Also some hanging hives have items in them.

I think the angelic and demonic artifacts are set pickups, I followed guides for a few areas and am still off. I'm probably gonna backtrack over guides to see if I somehow missed any while using them

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I think the angelic and demonic artifacts are set pickups, I followed guides for a few areas and am still off. I'm probably gonna backtrack over guides to see if I somehow missed any while using them
You can start a new game and upgrade the remaining enhancements to balance for achieve. You can make it impossible in one game if you spread it out too much

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I managed to get all 5 upgraded in one playthrough but I went through every area again to solve remaining puzzles after finishing the game. Some hidden areas are tricky to find. I have 2 humans left though and I dont even know where to start looking.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
I arrived at and completed the "water dungeon" yesterday, and omg... Those colorful corals in HDR look like OLED demo material. The spider cave was equally impressive. Art direction is really strong in this game.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
the traversal ability that you acquire with the last 2 hollows are freaking cool.

god i love this game so much.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
I love the reaction of Fury when she acquires
the force hollow and transforms into a ball: "not what I had in mind".

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
My game crashes every time I enter the area to go to the last boss. Super bummed. Going to have to wait for another patch I guess. After all that on apocalyptic I can't even beat it

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
How is the performance on X after the patches? My wife is getting me this as a Christmas gift. I'm pretty hyped.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I'm glad people are giving the game a try, regardless of what reviewers say. It seems that the further we are from the release date, the less influenced people are by the initial scores and more so by word-of mouth. True, there were some technical issues that got in the way and definitely hurt the overall score, but Gunfire is doing a great job at responding to feedback and doing their very best to make sure everyone has a solid experience.

I first got to play DS3 a few months ago and like many people, I thought "Oh, this is different!" Not in a good or bad way, just a surprised way. The more I played the game, the more I realized that it was definitely a Darksiders game, and true to the Darksiders formula up to that point, DS3 was again a new take on the formula, so to speak.

To me, DS3 feels like it's a 3D version of a game that, technical limitations aside, would exist back in the sweet spot between OLD school Castlevania (NES) and old-school Metroidvania (METROID, SMETROID, SOTN). It has that classic difficulty with the Metroid-style backtracking and exploring. I really enjoyed it.

Hopefully the new surge of positive feedback continues and DS3 does well enough that we can all enjoy a DS4 one day. I know I'm looking forward to it!

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the new surge of positive feedback continues and DS3 does well enough that we can all enjoy a DS4 one day. I know I'm looking forward to it!

oh shit you're here, too :o
replayed Darksiders 2 right after finishing 3 and it still plays great; And I say that after having spent way too much time playing DMC3 and 4 the month before.

I was slightly skeptical of how much Gunfire could hit the Darksiders feel but, as I said before in the thread, it's a game that gets better and better as it goes on and that "zelda" (like you said, metroidvania) feel gets stronger and stronger. I always disagreed with people saying Darksiders 2 was somehow without the zelda formula. Like it was always there in its dungeon designs, it just had... more in between and a greater focus on combat encounters on top of it. The really enjoyable environment traversal has always been there in 2 just like it was in 1 and it is absolutely also in 3.

I really want this series to keep getting more games and I'm happy with where it landed (in Gunfire). Vigil closing was one of the few studio closings that hit me really hard.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm glad people are giving the game a try, regardless of what reviewers say. It seems that the further we are from the release date, the less influenced people are by the initial scores and more so by word-of mouth. True, there were some technical issues that got in the way and definitely hurt the overall score, but Gunfire is doing a great job at responding to feedback and doing their very best to make sure everyone has a solid experience.

I first got to play DS3 a few months ago and like many people, I thought "Oh, this is different!" Not in a good or bad way, just a surprised way. The more I played the game, the more I realized that it was definitely a Darksiders game, and true to the Darksiders formula up to that point, DS3 was again a new take on the formula, so to speak.

To me, DS3 feels like it's a 3D version of a game that, technical limitations aside, would exist back in the sweet spot between OLD school Castlevania (NES) and old-school Metroidvania (METROID, SMETROID, SOTN). It has that classic difficulty with the Metroid-style backtracking and exploring. I really enjoyed it.

The only review that matters :)

Thanks for stopping by the thread!

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Darksiders 3 is quite a good game. If all the bugs can be ironed out then it will be a great game. While you can say that a release version of a game is what it is and should be reviewed for what it is at that moment I think that when it comes to knocking a game for little things that can absolutely be fixed in a quick update within a week or two you should be more mindful of the modern world we live in where games do receive numerous post release updates.

Hell I remember when God of War released it had a new update every day for a week fixing little things here and there and making adjustments to the UI.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017

I do hope they listen to the feedback for the next game, cause Darksiders 3, while a good game, could have been truly great. The technical issues really hurt the game sometimes and I'm not one to bother with that usually.

My biggest complaint that really can't be patched is the combat. The Souls like combat didn't merged well with the more agressive capabilities of Fury so I hope we get something more focused in the next one.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I really want this series to keep getting more games and I'm happy with where it landed (in Gunfire). Vigil closing was one of the few studio closings that hit me really hard.

You and me both (in both cases!). Vigil closing was probably the saddest day in my development career.

For me, working on DS2 was a dream job. I played DS1 and thought to myself "who the hell are these people that made this game?" and eventually ended up with a chance to work with them and find out. While I didn't get to do combat from the ground up, I did get a chance to contribute and I think the team did an incredible job with the resources they had. To be honest, that's sort of the Vigil (and now Gunfire) way.

Fortunately I ended up back in Austin as Darksiders 3 was finishing up and Dave (Adams) asked me to come by and give feedback on the game. I played it numerous times over the final 3 or so months and wrote pages upon pages of notes. I helped John (Pearl) with a lot of the transitions and attack chains and also helped with a bit of damage balancing (mostly Fury stuff). It was a great opportunity to work with the team again, even if only in a more limited role (I was a consultant).

Even though I had the inside track, it was great to be able to play a new Darksiders game from the outside looking in (for the most part). It was a whole new experience for me and hopefully for a lot of fans. I know that DS3 wasn't what everyone was expecting (or even what anyone was expecting) but I do know that some people, including myself, absolutely love it.

It's a good game and a worthy entry into the series.

I hope that DS4 gets made and, AGAIN, it is not what anyone expected. =)

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the
Gluttony
boss fight fucking sucks.
Get to close and the guy will just suck you right in with no warning. I have ~18 points in health and getting sucked in with anything less than full health is an instant death. Even if he doesn't suck you in, the swing attack seems to be impossible to doge and of course he spits acid balls that do insane amount of damage AND leave pools of acid that stick around for ages.
I have no idea how to beat the guy because to do damage I HAVE to get close but as soon as he does his suck move I'm dead. If I'm away from it it is easy to dodge but if I'm in striking distance it's almost an insta-kill. And of course the guy seems to have a ton of health so playing it safe and retreating after two hits or so makes the fight go on for ages.
. Any tips?

I feel like they knew how much this fight sucks because it's the only one so far where they put a spawn point right in front of it

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the
Gluttony
boss fight fucking sucks.
Get to close and the guy will just suck you right in with no warning. I have ~18 points in health and getting sucked in with anything less than full health is an instant death. Even if he doesn't suck you in, the swing attack seems to be impossible to doge and of course he spits acid balls that do insane amount of damage AND leave pools of acid that stick around for ages.
I have no idea how to beat the guy because to do damage I HAVE to get close but as soon as he does his suck move I'm dead. If I'm away from it it is easy to dodge but if I'm in striking distance it's almost an insta-kill. And of course the guy seems to have a ton of health so playing it safe and retreating after two hits or so makes the fight go on for ages.
. Any tips?

I feel like they knew how much this fight sucks because it's the only one so far where they put a spawn point right in front of it
To counter his suction attack
switch to the Force Hollow/