• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I was able to get around the crashing by hard resetting my xbox, then at the main menu hitting load game and not continue. If I hit continue it would crash every single time. Ended up beating the game and getting all the achievements,glad BFA wasnt glitched for this game. Still holding out hope they will fix that in darksiders 2.

I really enjoyed this game, despite the few glitches I encountered. Id say its one of the best I played this year.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad people are giving the game a try, regardless of what reviewers say. It seems that the further we are from the release date, the less influenced people are by the initial scores and more so by word-of mouth. True, there were some technical issues that got in the way and definitely hurt the overall score, but Gunfire is doing a great job at responding to feedback and doing their very best to make sure everyone has a solid experience.

I first got to play DS3 a few months ago and like many people, I thought "Oh, this is different!" Not in a good or bad way, just a surprised way. The more I played the game, the more I realized that it was definitely a Darksiders game, and true to the Darksiders formula up to that point, DS3 was again a new take on the formula, so to speak.

To me, DS3 feels like it's a 3D version of a game that, technical limitations aside, would exist back in the sweet spot between OLD school Castlevania (NES) and old-school Metroidvania (METROID, SMETROID, SOTN). It has that classic difficulty with the Metroid-style backtracking and exploring. I really enjoyed it.

Hopefully the new surge of positive feedback continues and DS3 does well enough that we can all enjoy a DS4 one day. I know I'm looking forward to it!

I've said it since I first put a few hours into the game. I think it's going to be one of those titles that gains a cult following due to the rewarding combat system (not unlike yours in the last game). It gets better the further along you get, and as more people try it for themselves, I think it'll only increase the demand for a fourth game.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
To counter his suction attack
switch to the Force Hollow/

OMG, I feel so stupid right now 🤣

Anyway, I finished the game today. I really enjoyed it despite some frustrations, especially the exploration and level design.

Quick couple of questions since I'm fine with how many achievements I got

what is the reward for getting all 20 humans? I missed a few.

If you decide to spare Azrael or whatever his name is, are you not able to kill the Hollows guy? It seemed that was the choice.

If you do kill that guy, what is the item you get?

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Aight, the new patch and the impressions here made me pull the trigger. It is a shame there is no HDR on PS4 thou...
Can't wait to give it a shot tonight.
I also really wanted to support the studio for creating that game in the first place.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Khrnp7U.gif

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, I finished the game today. I really enjoyed it despite some frustrations, especially the exploration and level design.

If you decide to spare Azrael or whatever his name is, are you not able to kill the Hollows guy? It seemed that was the choice.

20 Humans Rescued: +10% Physical and Arcane Damage and the Humanitarian Achievement.

You kill Abraxis and spare the Lord of Hollows to get an item that gets you the true ending.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Beat the game at level 50 with my whip and spear at level 9. Had most of my attachments upgraded fully. I pretty much destroyed the last three bosses in a matter of minutes lol.

I think I over-leveled.

They end with that? Really? It was a nice twist and a cool ending but man that feels like something that should have happened in the middle of the game and not at the end. I guess I'm tired of all this teasing following Darksiders 1.

I do think reviewers might have been a bit harsh but I can see some of the lower scores. The technical issues on the pro weren't great but the combat was pretty decent. I didn't feel much for the interconnected world though and wished there would have been a tiny map or something due to the fact I forgot about which areas I needed to go back to after getting all the upgrades. Granted, the actual world isn't that big so it probably wouldn't have been too much trouble to track them down but I kind of wanted to just finish the game at that point.

It was fun and interesting to revisit the Darksiders universe again.. Nothing mind blowing but I had an ok time. WIth some more time in the oven I would play a Darksiders 4 for sure. Just make sure you put the epic cutscene at the beginning of the game, lol. And give me a horse for some levels!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
20 Humans Rescued: +10% Physical and Arcane Damage and the Humanitarian Achievement.

You kill Abraxis and spare the Lord of Hollows to get an item that gets you the true ending.

Son of a...LOL

Might have to watch that on YouTube unless I'm allowed to go back and reneg on the deal.

Edit: I watched it on YouTube and the only difference is like 10 seconds of dialogue. Kind of weird.

Last edited:

Blu

Oct 25, 2017

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Started this today and it's some of the most fun I've had with a game all year. The world design is incredible.

I get the feeling waiting for the patch was a good idea though.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

The reward for getting all 20 is not as good as the reward for getting 15 oddly enough.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
It moves in a set pattern. The further away it is the more time it has to travel to get to you.

Yeah I'm aware but the window for success is so small it's still incredibly difficult. I tried 8 times last night and got sick of the loading after each fail so I quit, I'll probably get it first try tonight lol

Nov 13, 2017
It moves in a set pattern. The further away it is the more time it has to travel to get to you.

Run out to the field when it's far away from you and the area you're headed. Also use force hollow when underground.

It does move in a set pattern, yes. It stays far away while you're on the platform and then begins to move to you when you land. But the time in which you have to get to the subway entrance is way too small. You only beat it by a few frames.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm one fight away from finishing the game but I just learned that a thing I didn't do is now no longer available (I also didn't know that I could just that thing at any point and thought it would just happen automatically) and it prevents me from getting the "true ending" and as much as I shouldn't care since I can just watch it on Youtube it bothers me a lot lol.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
What the flying fuck.

After waiting for a patch for a game breaking glitch under the tornado, which they delivered, now I have a glitch at the final Boss. I died during the fight, and now when I return, the arena is barren. No one is here.

This is infuriating. Role playing at its finest!

ARGHHHHHHH

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
What the flying fuck.

After waiting for a patch for a game breaking glitch under the tornado, which they delivered, now I have a glitch at the final Boss. I died during the fight, and now when I return, the arena is barren. No one is here.

ARGHHHHHHH
This happened with me at a different boss, going to the arena and exiting through the menu worked for me. Though I'm not sure how well this would work on the final boss.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
This happened with me at a different boss, going to the arena and exiting through the menu worked for me. Though I'm not sure how well this would work on the final boss.

I ended up committing suicide in the lava, which triggered the final battle. I was raging.

The lead up to the final Boss was really easy, but that last fight took me a long time to pass, even on Balanced. Generally loved the game. 8.5/10, easy. 20 hrs of really great gaming, save an hour or so of clueless wandering and confusion. And having to put the game down for 3 days to wait for the patch to fix a major glitch. Other than that, Golden.

Surprised to see that only 7% of players on .xbox have beaten it on Balanced.

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm furious (pun intended). I just consumed 2 Luminous Visages and only got 1 attribute point. I captured video to back up and confirm, and yep.

I haven't run into any major bugs, just funny ones, and I'm really enjoying the game. But that's a bit past annoying. Makes me wonder if I've gotten the right amount for my crystals, which I tend to consume in chunks.

Edit: it gets weirder, but better. I went to feed souls, and it was 1 soul shy of my next level. I always leave it at zero. So I guess I got a point after all, LOL.

Last edited:

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished the whole game. Streamed the whole thing from start to finish since launch.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I know people were hoping more of Darksiders' Zelda style world, or maybe a better version of DS2's more open world into a true open world. Darksiders III's world appears to be more akin to Metroid. A huge world with numerous interconnecting paths between the various zones/biomes, and with many hidden areas or items hidden behind weapons you won't have till later. I was at first concerned about the combat, but as soon as I stopped treating it like DS1 or 2's combat, and instead treated it like Bloodborne, I had a ton of fun. The game is focused on you getting good at the perfect dodge. Once you do that you can wreck shop.

So basically, Darksiders III is Metroid meets Bloodborne.

I enjoyed pretty much everything about it except for the camera at times. I hope it does well enough in the long run for Darksiders 4. As much as I want it to be a 4 player co-op game, if they make it I know it'll be a Strife focused game, which is fine.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
What the flying fuck.

ARGHHHHHHH
I had one on XB1 X right after Abraxas' fight, it pissed me off a lot. Had to do 40min worth of gameplay all over -_-

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Game crashed when I came out of the cutscene after I beat Avarice and it loaded me back to before the fight started...

Fought him one more time and the game crashed in the middle of the fight.

Some pretty inexcusable stuff after waiting for these first few patches before really diving in to the game.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Game has been alright so far. Still not at the level of the original. Currently at
the Gluttony fight and it's makkng me want to drop the game but I'm trying to stick it out.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I dumb or can you actually get stuck in the Hollows?
In the area where you need to get 2 swords I got the sword from the right side first then went straight to the left one, but now I can't use the whip to jump because I can't remove the sword. Is dying my only option now?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Game has been alright so far. Still not at the level of the original. Currently at
the Gluttony fight and it's makkng me want to drop the game but I'm trying to stick it out.

For me, that was the hardest sequence, along with the final boss. Took me at least 25 tries. But I'm old, so there's that.

If you can tough it out until phase 2, it's a breeze.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm one fight away from finishing the game but I just learned that a thing I didn't do is now no longer available (I also didn't know that I could just that thing at any point and thought it would just happen automatically) and it prevents me from getting the "true ending" and as much as I shouldn't care since I can just watch it on Youtube it bothers me a lot lol.

Could you give a hint what to do/not do, without spoiling too much?
Currently I'm in the tornado area and thought the ending was probably triggered by entering the portal next to the church.

Oct 25, 2017
Once you upgrade the life-leech power up to it's full potential the game completely changes and boss fights get so much more manageable.

Could you give a hint what to do/not do, without spoiling too much?
Currently I'm in the tornado area and thought the ending was probably triggered by entering the portal next to the church.
It is. As long as you don't go there you can do still do what I'm talking about. Though after watching the scene on Youtube it's really, really, really nothing special.

There's really not a big spoiler as to what you need to do since that is actually fairly obvious, I just didn't know I could actually go to a certain place whenever I wanted (even though there is totally a portal there...) and thought the game would take me there automatically.
Basically,
visit the Lord of Hollows after you did what he asked you to do when you first met him

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
For me, that was the hardest sequence, along with the final boss. Took me at least 25 tries. But I'm old, so there's that.

If you can tough it out until phase 2, it's a breeze.
Yeah, I actually beat it shortly after posting that. What I didn't know was that there was a second phase. Thought I had to chew through that whole health bar the normal way. I had actually been closer to beating him than I thought the whole time lol

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I actually beat it shortly after posting that. What I didn't know was that there was a second phase. Thought I had to chew through that whole health bar the normal way. I had actually been closer to beating him than I thought the whole time lol

Same thing happened to me, what a relief it was

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
So i decided to buy it reading all the impressions here and...
I just defeated sloth and as of now the game is simply amazing.
It is everything i love about videogames and more.
Everything from the level design to monster variety and combat/exploration.
My favorite darksiders for now, we will see if it holds up.
Good job to the studio and hopefully we will see darksiders 4.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Once you upgrade the life-leech power up to it's full potential the game completely changes and boss fights get so much more manageable.

It is. As long as you don't go there you can do still do what I'm talking about. Though after watching the scene on Youtube it's really, really, really nothing special.

There's really not a big spoiler as to what you need to do since that is actually fairly obvious, I just didn't know I could actually go to a certain place whenever I wanted (even though there is totally a portal there...) and thought the game would take me there automatically.
Basically,
visit the Lord of Hollows after you did what he asked you to do when you first met him

Where do you get the life leech from? I don't think I found that one.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Game crashed when I came out of the cutscene after I beat Avarice and it loaded me back to before the fight started...

Fought him one more time and the game crashed in the middle of the fight.

Some pretty inexcusable stuff after waiting for these first few patches before really diving in to the game.
Tried again today and same exact bug happened. I cannot progress.

Done with the game until (/if) this gets fixed.

Already 3 and a half hours into it so I'm not about to restart. What a disappointment.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels somewhat long to me. I'm in the last area...well, the last area per Vulgrim's fast travel locations...and I'm getting ready for it to wrap up. I do like the world design in the last few areas.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This game feels somewhat long to me. I'm in the last area...well, the last area per Vulgrim's fast travel locations...and I'm getting ready for it to wrap up. I do like the world design in the last few areas.

Yup. I just played up through the end of the game today and I thought that section of the game way outstayed its welcome by like, double.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Is not replenishing my health and my health potions at Vulgrim's stations a difficulty mode thing (I'm on the one below Apocalyptic) or is it a general thing? Such a puzzling design decision if so. I usually just end up banking my souls and killing myself when I know I'm about to head into a tough/new area.