• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Son of Dathomir or the Madalorian Mercenary?

• Darth Maul

• Boba Fett

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which of the two "totally killed in the movies but were so popular they kept bringing them back" do you prefer?

CompetentEverlastingBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

MerryFlakyIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif

SpeedyDisastrousHousefly-size_restricted.gif

UnconsciousParallelHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Maul is a great character thanks to Clone Wars and Rebels.

Boba Fett, even with some added stuff in Clone Wars, isn't really all that interesting.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily Darth Maul.

He killed a Jedi Master in his first appearance, then came back later and was even more powerful and dangerous to the point he conquered planets and Palpatine himself dealt with him.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Maul was amazing in Clone Wars and Rebels. A truly creepy and intimidating presence, and in a wholly different way than simply looking menacing like he did in Phantom Menace. He was intelligent, cruel, deceptive, and well spoken... all the things a good villain should have.

Oct 25, 2017
Maul has had the good fortune of having a lot of enjoyable content written for him over the years.
Boba hasn't gotten quite as much action.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of either. Even Phasma has more depth if we're just talking their cinematic appearances.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maul is a bad ass and looks cooler. And I thought the double blade was the dopest shit ever. Still do. And he went out taking out Liam Neeson.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of either. Even Phasma has more depth if we're just talking their cinematic appearances.

Phasma literally doesn't do anything, though. She's all shiny and shit but she's one dimensional and a coward. At least Maul looked cool, reinvented lightsaber combat and actually killed someone.

That's just from their movie appearances, too.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phasma literally doesn't do anything, though. She's all shiny and shit but she's one dimensional and a coward. At least Maul looked cool, reinvented lightsaber combat and actually killed someone.

That's just from their movie appearances, too.
Once again I will say the worst part of TLJ is removing the scene of her final fight with Finn. Does both characters a service and is probably the one time her personality established in the extended universe shows up in the movies.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Bobba Fett is the lamest piece of crap character in SW history. I dont like how he is idolized due to being so lame. Oh he has a nice look. Ok I guess it's ok to shove him in prequels just cause he looks cool.

I feel the same of the new shiny trooper from TFA. No real story, always 'fails' doing things and at the end, dies a lame death. How lazy can you get.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never really got the hype about Maul, even in the Clone Wars. His whole grudge against Obi-Wan felt tired and drawn out.

Dude should have stayed dead in TPM

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Maul was made in the cartoons; such a great character.

Credit to the design from Episode 1 though and the choreography and stunts by the actor; Maul is well loved for that alone.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Where's my General Grievous poll option?
5HurxUs.gif

If I had to choose from the two though, Maul brings the best theme with him so I guess that's all the edge he needs, plus he's more fun to play as in Battlefront.

Oct 29, 2017
Fett. I dont give a shit about the cartoons.

If I had to choose from the two though, Maul brings the best theme with him so I guess that's all the edge he needs, plus he's more fun to play as in Battlefront.

Im kinda getting back into BF2 and....did they nerf the fuck out of Maul? He used to clean house before, now it seems like he hardly does much damage.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I will say the worst part of TLJ is removing the scene of her final fight with Finn. Does both characters a service and is probably the one time her personality established in the extended universe shows up in the movies.

That she was a ruthless survivor never came across at all.

I would've liked her character much more if she admitted she didn't care about the First Order or their ideals, but was simply working for them because surviving is all that matters. Betraying them, too, doesn't matter because if she has to choose between her own life or the lives of billions she'd choose herself every time.

What she did in The Force Awakens would've then been pragmatism, not cowardice, and Finn ultimately defeating her because he finally began to put others before himself would have been such a good character defining moment for them both.

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played since that clone wars drop, but he was definitely nerfed at one point, dude was crazy ridiculous.

Just checking because I know he used to be OP as fuck. You could load up on those dash moves and escape almost any shitty situation.

Also, I think Fett is more fun to play in BF 2. Its pretty entertaining to watch saber users get frustrated as you kite them around the map.

Oct 27, 2017
Maul was much better utilised than Fett.

Where's my General Grievous poll option?
5HurxUs.gif

Grevious was such a beast in CW, i hate how badly he was wasted in the films.

Boba Fett underused in the OT, Grevious in the PT, Phasma in the ST.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I binged all of the non-prequel SW films this past week (for the first time). I am beyond puzzled at Boba Fett. What exactly does he do/say that's cool haha? His armor is pretty sick, so I guess there's that...

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you compare the films Maul wins this considering he has the best fight out of the entire series and the best theme as well. While Fett just stood around for two movies only had 3 lines and flies around for three seconds before being *accidentally* sent into the Sarlac pit and dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.