• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree. I call them out when it's needed but right now if they allow it for cross save than those posts are going to look as silly as they always are. I'd rather wait and see.

Jason Schreier is a good source no? seems to always leak and confirm stuff about Destiny before it's actually confirmed.

I would hate for it to be true but him saying Sony is the only platform "up in the air" and their history behind this kind of stuff, people's reactions here seem pretty justified.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny coming to Stadia should be the least surprising thing out of this.
Jason Schreier is a good source no?
When he leaked the PS4 Pro people were calling him fake. When he said P5 isn't coming to Switch people were calling him fake. No matter how accurate you are there's always going to be people not buying into rumors that don't fit their own personal preferences.

MidnightMania

Oct 31, 2017
Oof Sony, you really gonna let Google win fanfare because you can't break down your walled garden. Come on man.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I realise Bungie doesn't officially have a relationship with Activision any more, but I would imagine Acti would like a dummy run of cross-platform features before the Modern Warfare reboot.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Schreier is a good source no? seems to always leak and confirm stuff about Destiny before it's actually confirmed.

I would hate for it to be true but him saying Sony is the only platform "up in the air" and their history behind this kind of stuff, people's reactions here seem pretty justified.
He is a good source but again until it's a 100% confirmed that the PS4 isn't included in cross save especially with something like Destiny, I'll take it as a grain of salt. Maybe I am wrong but I don't believe I am.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Right, people forget that Sony used to be the progressive one on this. They used to allow private servers when XBL was P2P only. They were the first to allow games with user mods and keyboard/mouse input (UT3). They had PC cross-buy, cross-save, and cross play with Portal 2 on PS3. And they were supporting cross-play with PC long before Microsoft came around. Rocket League launched with PS4+PC cross play, and Microsoft were the holdouts. Fortnite BR launched with PS4+PC cross play, but Xbox couldn't play with PC (https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-patch-notes-1-4).

It's good to criticize Sony now and push for more interoperability. I definitely want games to be as platform agnostic as possible. But don't act like time began in 2018. There's a longer history to this, and the market leader is usually the one resistant to openness.
Where they the first with user mods? I thought there was some issues with the Skyrim mods
Skyrim Mods on PS4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna break shit if PS4 is excluded. My few friends that play are there and I have Forsaken etc there. But man, I load up my PC (Vanilla+expansions) game and just muck around at level 25ish... feels so so good at 60fps. If I can play on PC when I;m solo and slum it on PS4 with friends I'll be happy as hell.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope more and more games support crossplay and save. Dauntless has been amazing and is exactly what I've been arguing for this whole time.

Hopefully they look into crossplay after adding cross-save.

If this is a sign of a new Bungie since breaking up with Activision, I might be back on board.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
I wonder if this "up in the air" is related to the exclusive content deal? Or could it be that the previous gaffes with the exclusive content getting out in the wild is making them more hesitant to allow their saves onto other systems?

I still think it would be a bad idea to not participate, regardless, even though I probably wouldn't go back anyways.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Sony decisions are completely backwards, first No outside services, then no Crossplay and now this.

Sony is doing a terrible job as far as #4theplayers.smh

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
PS4 has exclusive content, so would be a pain to set up crossplay and cross save with it. I bet it's Xbox/PC/Stadia only.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Where they the first with user mods? I thought there was some issues with the Skyrim mods
Skyrim Mods on PS4

Skyrim mods on xbox / ps4 are quite a recent thing compared to Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 as thebishop mentioned.

Jason is a good source indeed, but he is not saying PS4 is not included though, he is saying he has not heard if it is or not - that's what "up in the air" means - and Sony did not reply to his request for comment (which of course they wouldn't regardless of their position).

Personally I'd be very surprised if Sony does not cooperate here.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Skyrim mods on xbox / ps4 are quite a recent thing compared to Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 as thebishop mentioned.

Jason is a good source indeed, but he is not saying PS4 is not included though, he is saying he has not heard if it is or not - that's what "up in the air" means - and Sony did not reply to his request for comment (which of course they wouldn't regardless of their position).

Personally I'd be very surprised if Sony does not cooperate here.
What they did with Unreal 3 in 2007 is so irrelevent to their current regime.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What they did with Unreal 3 in 2007 is so irrelevent to their current regime.

It wasn't the beginning or the end of Sony's more open trajectory wrt to coding on console, user modification in game, access to the internet and external peripherals etc. If anything Sony's tendency toward a walled garden is a result of copying and catching up to Xbox.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 PvP with crossplay is a terrible idea, terrible. PvE on the other hand would be greatly welcomed.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EA Play is coming to PS4

Sony and MS are working on streaming together.

Fortnite, COD and Dauntless are on the platform for crossplay and cross save.

Y'all need to chill the fuck out

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
EA Play is coming to PS4

Sony and MS are working on streaming together.

Fortnite, COD and Dauntless are on the platform for crossplay and cross save.

Y'all need to chill the fuck out
Yep, up in the air, isn't a no. Though I guess it could point to cross-save still being a little off, probably coming with the fall expansion.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That's pretty cool, a PC version of Destiny 1 with cross save from PS4 would be even better Bungie, hint hint.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did a google search but you could go and find it in this thread.

In the press release announcing the new title from Infinity Ward, Activision has also confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will support cross play as well between PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. This will be the first cross play supported Call of Duty game.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep, up in the air, isn't a no. Though I guess it could point to cross-save still being a little off, probably coming with the fall expansion.

This is what I'm thinking. Theres literally no reason for Sony to not allow it and after dauntless I feel they are on point. I hope they'll do this right thing here.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
He is a good source but again until it's a 100% confirmed that the PS4 isn't included in cross save especially with something like Destiny, I'll take it as a grain of salt. Maybe I am wrong but I don't believe I am.
When I say "up in the air" I mean it's literally up in the air. We won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Neat. I'd love to transfer my ps4 save to pc. Bought Forsaken for pc last year and wasn't able to put a lot of hours into it since I had to start all over again and I don't have my season rewards that I spent a lot of time on.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How do you guys think this will work for progression? I am expecting account mergers that are effectively cross buy.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how this would work. I have accounts on PS4, XB1, and PC. I started playing on PC much later, so I'm missing a bunch of cosmetics from year one that I'd like to have on PC. I guess that doesn't matter so much now that they decided we don't get engrams for the current season anymore. I'll probably get most of the year one stuff again anyway.

Cross-play is what we really need. Have an option to limit PvP matchmaking to same control type. It doesn't matter for PvE.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope you were equally as embarrassed by the childish tantrums as I was.

Then again, you probably seen worse on twitter

Why are people so shocked/concerned over people's 'tantrums' regarding Sony's cross play stance?

Some of you act like the last 12 months didn't happen.

Did it also upset you when gamers raised their voices over their accounts being locked out of Xbox and Switch play because they logged into the PS4 version of Fortnite?

Were you upset when developers started to leak info about Sony being the only thing preventing them from 'flipping a switch'?

Were you upset when Sony execs made statements about keeping the children safe and letting us know that PS4 is the best place to play?

Last edited:
This whole thing is making me nervous. Come on, Sony, don't Britta this.

They only know how to Britta. Cross play/save would be so nice.

If I can merge my hunters....

datas.gif

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this "up in the air" is related to the exclusive content deal? Or could it be that the previous gaffes with the exclusive content getting out in the wild is making them more hesitant to allow their saves onto other systems?

I still think it would be a bad idea to not participate, regardless, even though I probably wouldn't go back anyways.
PS4 has exclusive content, so would be a pain to set up crossplay and cross save with it. I bet it's Xbox/PC/Stadia only.

The exclusive content deal was made by Activision; if one assumes that Bungie is not about to make an exclusive deal with PS4 of its own, then there will not be any platform-exclusive content with Shadowkeep. That is also when current PS4 content will become available on Xbox and PC. So there will probably be nothing on that front preventing cross saves with PS4 if this is a feature that is going to debut with Shadowkeep's launch.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
My character is on Xbox. I own the game on PC as well but I was struggling to get through starting a whole new character. Now I'll be much more inclined to jump on and play with my PC pals.

Status
Not open for further replies.