• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Originally shared by Tovarisc .

Sounds like a lot of fun, smart to use existing maps. Every new season will have content for all three game modes.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I'm glad SP died for this.

Classic MP + Hazard Mode + Battlefield Portal

BASED DICE

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I much prefer to this to another BR. I'm interested.

All hail our BF datamining king Temporyal!

Still was kind of expecting some unique large map, that said I wonder if *all* of the All-Out Warfare maps will be used or just Hourglass, Orbital, Breakaway etc rather than Kaleidoscope or Discarded which are the two "smaller" of the 2042 maps.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I knew the AAA space wouldn't ignore what EFT was doing after it blew up on Twitch but did not expect Battlefield to be the first implementation of mechanics from it. I am excited to see what comes of this.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Finally, a less hardcore Tarkov. As much as I love that game, it's nice to have a version of it that is not as demanding or confusing.
Let's hope it's less of a horror game

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I hope BF Portal maps also end up being used into this.

It's a great idea, DICE and co are going all in.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds insanely awesome.

This is becoming quite the amazing package. And it will be a nice change of pace to have a Tarkov/Hunt Showdown style mode rather than the standard Battle Royale. I love it.

Finally, a less hardcore Tarkov. As much as I love that game, it's nice to have a version of it that is not as demanding or confusing.

It could be huge too since Fortnite, Warzone/Blackout, and Apex gained success because they are more polished and less janky BRs compared to PUBG and H1Z1.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
A Tarkov lite experience could be amazing. Tarkov itself is unforgiving, buggy and plagued by cheaters so I would love an alternative.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Hunt: Showdown is super cool so I find this approach far preferable to just another BR.

Hopefully it's a bit less sweaty than Tarkov or Hunt.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I hope DICE leverages the audio magic that really makes Hunt: Showdown work to make this work, too. Crytek did an amazing job making you use audio and visual cues to succeed in that game, and DICE has a history of audio acclaim too.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This gamemode is meant to tell story of 2042 and forwards. There wont be going back in time to BF 2 Karkand etc.
I mean, so does Warzone, and it got recently invaded by zombies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They can do whatever they want, if they retexture the portal BF2 map to look like 50 years passed, no one will bat an eye, and they woldn't need to design anything new.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I mean, so does Warzone, and it got recently invaded by zombies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They can do whatever they want, if they retexture the portal BF2 map to look like 50 years passed, no one will bat an eye, and they woldn't need to design anything new.

Warzone has become total clowncar with permanent clown show going on.

I hope DICE doesn't do that.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Finally someone giving Tarkov a run for it's money. EFT has way too many good ideas to only be in one game. I've been waiting for another team to make a less unforgiving version. This sounds great so far.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Surprised it took this long for a AAA game to take from Tarkov, it never got as big as PUBG but it's still pretty popular.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Tarkov lite has been my dream mode for a ton of different styles of games, especially something like survival horror

So glad it's gaining traction. I hope this blows up and becomes the next thing.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Surprised it took this long for a AAA game to take from Tarkov, it never got as big as PUBG but it's still pretty popular.

I mean, DICE and Activision are the only studios capable of making big budget FPS titles and you can't come up with a quick Tarvok copy and expect the a success out of the gate. Ubisoft is a lost cause.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
This is shaping up to be quite the package. My MS reward points are standing by for redemption.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This sounds like it could be fun if you can actually play pve only. If not we all know it's gonna end up like so many other games where every step you get sniped out of nowhere.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Please help me understand, would it be right to say this is a mode that's somewhat like Warzone from Halo 5?

(Of course Halo 5 is a much smaller scale, but the idea of it)

Oct 25, 2017
Please help me understand, would it be right to say this is a mode that's somewhat like Warzone from Halo 5?

(Of course Halo 5 is a much smaller scale, but the idea of it)
It's a risk/reward mode. The longer you spend in a zone by yourself or with a squad, pursuing goals/taking down enemies, the higher your rewards are. More stealth/creeping dread/tactical ambush.

Oct 27, 2017
Originally shared by Tovarisc .

Sounds like a lot of fun, smart to use existing maps. Every new season will have content for all three game modes.
NgL1rHx.gif