• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is that the full list? Slightly underwhelming but I dig it, excited for these.

Also I wish the actual list of NES games was leaked too!

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO Stunt Race FX. Man, my brother and I loved that game as kids. I bet it's booty now though.

All in all that's a good list, but spread thin over the whole year? And no Chrono Trigger T.T

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to how they plan on progressing from here if this comes to fruition.

Doesn't the NSO emulator reuse many stuff from the NES/SNES Classics? Cause those might just be leftover data from the SNES Classic that wasn't deleted.
There are games on the list that aren't on the SNES classic

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is worth noting too, there's a possibility for support for other systems coming later

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's also suspicious that this is in the NES app because there's almost certainly going to be another separate app for SNES.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God SNES is coming this year, I could've sworn Nintendo would've had the gall to dripfeed NES games only this year.

This service has potential to be really cool eventually but it sure ain't happening overnight.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Where is Donkey Kong Country? Donkey Kong Country 2, preferably, of course, but Nintendo would probably choose the original.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually fucking awesome. Super Mario Kart's battle mode with online multiplayer will rule. I don't get how people would be upset? For 20$, you're getting like 50 SNES and NES games. That's not a bad deal at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm split. I love the idea of SNES games on my Switch, but at the same time, I look and wonder "Is that it?" Where are the rest of the NES games? I can understand a drip feed, but only AFTER the stuff from the old virtual consoles and the classics have been uploaded. After all, new contracts have to be drawn (cough NES Contra cough)

And put me in the camp of "where the fuck are the Earthbounds?" Didn't Nintendo learn anything?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Get these SNES games coming in least, and I am on board for the online service. I just lack much interests in NES games, and still felt like that when I tried the free trial.

Oct 25, 2017
You pay a one-time payment of $60 to $80 for a standalone, no-subscription-fees-attached, entertainment system, or you pay a monthly/yearly/quarterly subscription fee for it.
That SNES Classic ain't taking itself on the go.
People still complaining about getting free games I see.
Yeah, why are people complaining about free* games that we're forced to pay money for anyway?
Where is Donkey Kong Country? Donkey Kong Country 2, preferably, of course, but Nintendo would probably choose the original.
Is that a Rare thing, or is DKC on the SNES Classic?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, guess I don't have any reason to touch it until Kirby Dreamland 3 and Goemon come out.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
So we're officially getting that Virtual Console drip feed, huh?
Frankly, if anything these are already too many games for a year. They currently release two to three NES games per month - and now they'll also release over 20 SNES games this year? If they don't plan to stop releasing new NES games, that'd pretty much mean they start giving out double the amount of games as before. Would be cool and I hope this is happening, but I don't expext it.

It's also suspicious that this is in the NES app because there's almost certainly going to be another separate app for SNES.
Maybe, maybe not. They might also just rebrand the app.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Of that list I'd probably play Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and maybe Star Fox. No Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, or any significant JRPGs, eh?

I don't like how they're releasing retro games on Switch. It's extremely underwhelming.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Pilotwings was sorely missing from the SNES Classic.

And Simcity is sorely missing here, but that's probably in licensing hell.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
If this ends up happening, cool, but it's a drag to have these tied to Nintendo's online subscription instead of something purchasable. Sure, it'd be the umpteenth time to do so, but the Switch has been such a haven for 2D games that it'd be nice to have them all there in perpetuity.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the pain of Tetris Attack not making it in due to its name. And Nintendo would never just release it as Panel de Pon either.

Mar 9, 2018
That's awesome that Kirby Superstar is coming. Still the best Kirby game with some of the best abilities and some of the best mechanical bird and lobster bosses ever.

But where is DKC? I also want DKC2 and DKC3, too. That seems like a big omission.
Maybe they are saving them and will release all 3 DK games with the announcement of DK 128, featuring the return of K. Rool, Squitter the Spider, and Lanky Kong.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow so most of the SNES classic and one decent RPG...lame. Well at least there is hope for the future

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I just realised that this means we will now have online Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Course.

Yes please.