• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
"My kids come first ALWAYS."

I'm sure it's just meant to convey "I'm a responsible mom," but it also comes across as, "I don't want/have time to invest in a relationship."

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
"My kids come first ALWAYS."

I'm sure it's just meant to convey "I'm a responsible mom," but it also comes across as, "I don't want/have time to invest in a relationship."
I never got that impression. Parents looking for casual stuff make it clear. This is just, hey hope to get to know you, but sometimes I can't go out because I have a kid, they're my priority.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
You know what bothers me most about people on the app: when they message you first with something very generic, you reply, and then they just drop off the face of the Earth. Like why even bother to message me with some boring shit if you weren't even going to respond to whatever I put.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
The worst thing for me is how more & more other women on dating apps are just het couples looking for another woman for a threesome. You'll see a beautiful woman and right after that 3 more pics of her with her boyfriend and a description along the lines of "I'm not a lesbian haha we're just a heterosexual couple looking for a hot woman for a threesome :) sorry :)" Jesus fucking Christ fuck off I'm trying to find some cute hookups/a girlfriend! >:(

Oh and other people who base their entire identity around their pets. I mean, I love my pup too, but I'm not gonna drop dead if I don't mention him 5 times on my dating profile lmao

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Just a Pam Beesly looking for her Jim Halpert!"

don5d5w.gif

Welcome to using dating apps in the midwest.
That shit an instant swipe left. Being black I just assume she's looking for some tall white asshole. I feel like I'd probably swipe left if I was white for it sounding very basic.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Mention of 'fur babies'

Or the 'classic' I'll probably like you for your dog

Also having an animal does not make up for a lack of personality.

Filtered pics.

All your pics are group ones and I don't know which one you are.

Using any picture more than a few months old. I've seen women who used 2 yr old pictures.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could not believe the amount of snapchat dog filters, though that was a handy filter if it was their main or one of only a couple photos

Just fucking why

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Not on apps anymore but the sheer amount of people who went to Machu Picchu and rode an elephant will never cease to amaze me.

Oct 25, 2017
I never got that impression. Parents looking for casual stuff make it clear. This is just, hey hope to get to know you, but sometimes I can't go out because I have a kid, they're my priority.

My sister's now-husband said that way back in the day, before they got married, and it very must translated for him that his kids come first. Always. Even when it is an unreasonable scenario, or unfair.

I would never fucking marry someone if they said that to me, seeing what I've seen with that. Huge red flag.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot "No hook ups"
Eh ... I always wonder about that.

Some descriptions paint a picture of previous experiences.

I will not be your unicorn.
No dick pics.

Mention of 'fur babies'

Or the 'classic' I'll probably like you for your dog

Also having an animal does not make up for a lack of personality.

Filtered pics.

All your pics are group ones and I don't know which one you are.

Using any picture more than a few months old. I've seen women who used 2 yr old pictures.
I swear some are just trolling. Ive seen 6 pictures in someones profile with 4 plus people in each one not having a clue which one the profile is for. At some people specify it's a group.
My sister's now-husband said that way back in the day, before they got married, and it very must translated for him that his kids come first. Always. Even when it is an unreasonable scenario, or unfair.

I would never fucking marry someone if they said that to me, seeing what I've seen with that. Huge red flag.
??? All right, I don't what scenario you're imagining where that's a bad thing. It'd be weird if someone prioritized me over their kids.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I like how I post my pet peeve being heavy racial bias being passed off simply as "preferences", but what catches on here is the bad UX...
Because the part that says white/Caucasian is most likely talking about their own ethnicity

E: tbh I can't really tell. I see where you are coming from but why would it suddenly go from looking for men blah blah to I drink moderately and I don't smoke?

Such a weird layout

If it is as you think it is the. I agree with you but I can't tell tbh

Oct 28, 2017
Because the part that says white/Caucasian is most likely talking about their own ethnicity...
No, I took that screenshot and the app has a category called "He/She's looking for" with what is listed below. Other profiles list multiple races in their preferences, sometimes every race but black people.

I wish people would actually look at the picture for what it is, especially when I took the time to annotate it with underlining the key points instead of trying to dismiss the problem.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's not, we did the back and forth already.
No, I took that screenshot and the app has a category called "He/She's looking for" with what is listed below. Other profiles list multiple races in their preferences, sometimes every race but black people.

I wish people would actually look at the picture for what it is, especially when I took the time to annotate it with underlining the key points instead of trying to dismiss the problem.
I think the use of the 'I' in I drink moderately throws off the perception. I read it as going from looking for a man blah blah to then going to 'I smoke occasionally and I drink moderately"

It should just say drinks moderately. I'm unfamiliar with the app though so it's obviously clear to users what It means.

Anyways, my mistake

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that 99% of them all say the same stuff on them.
Being trustworthy, sweet, kind, funny, ambitious, positive and fun don't really say anything about you as an actual person. Everyone thinks that about themselves.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I think the most annoying thing about tinder/bumble are the posts, "Not on here often. Add me to Instagram: xxxxx" Fuuuuuuuccck ooooooff.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what bothers me most about people on the app: when they message you first with something very generic, you reply, and then they just drop off the face of the Earth. Like why even bother to message me with some boring shit if you weren't even going to respond to whatever I put.
they send out 20+ "hey"-messages and the hottest out of all the replies gets the date. it's like dating battle royale!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love to collect bad dating profiles. This one is currently the best of all time:
About Me
Me, a Haiku

A light from afar
Shines ever so distant but near,
You can't contain it

I'm interested in meaningful relationships with new friends and possibly romantic interests. But I don't make decisions to invest my self into social relationships that I believe will be here today, and gone tomorrow. If you have my friendship, it's forever.

I took time to write everything in this profile because it matters to me. So if you don't have the time to read it and think about what any of it means, then that's great because I will have effectively weeded you out. If you say you've read it and understand it, I will be able to discern if you actually have based on any conversation that follows. My IQ has consistently been scored between 110-120. That means I exist 1 to 2 standard deviations above the mean. My GRE scores placed me in the 91st percentile for analytical reasoning (which is great because I'm an analyst by profession), about 80th for verbal reasoning and 70th for quantitative. And I took that after the age of 30 with only a month of review as I also prepared for my board certification exam, while raising a toddler and a teenager, and working 50-60 hours a week. Intelligence isn't everything. But the point is, my mind is very sharp and my perseverance and dedication are above par. I finished all advanced degrees Magna and Summa Cum Laude.

Six things I could never do without

Autonomy - my autonomy, your autonomy, the autonomy of every living being, not just humans, but every living being

My self - yes, I am critically important to me. Because, well, I can't live without me.

The sun - could any of us? I'm pretty sure we all die without the sun. And I love the way it caresses my soul.

The rain - again, that whole life factor thing. But I love to be inside watching the rain on windows, the smell of it as it makes contact with everything on the earth, and the feel of it when it's cold, warm, misty, and even a downpour. Give me a sun shower any day.

Oxygen - hmm ?? notice a theme? I kind of like this whole living thing. So the essentials to that process I can't live without. Deep breaths daily.

The most private thing I'm willing to admit

I'm still finalizing my divorce. My decision to divorce. It's amicable now. It wasn't always. His decision to be an ass. We weren't ready for marriage. He wasn't ready for so much. I always knew that. He wasn't a citizen. I got pregnant. We knew each other for 7 years prior to dating, we got married. Thought I was infertile. Guess not. Pregnancy and childbirth was a mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually challenging experience. The best of my life. I may do it again.

I would never intentionally be the reason for limiting my daughters ability to choose the extent of her relationship with her father or anyone else for that matter. She is an autonomous being. She's 7 but oh so intelligent and capable. More so than many adults. If I die today, I know I've established a good foundation in her to do well the rest of her life. She is my soul mate and the greatest love of my life.

Yes, your soul mate can be your kid, parent, cousin, best friend, anyone. Yes, you can have dozens of soul mates. It just means they are aligned with the vibrational frequency of your soul.
You would probably think that someone whose intelligence is in the 91st percentile might be smart enough to know that blathering on about how high you scored on your GREs makes you look like a self-important blowhard, but I guess not. Big kudos on listing "My self" on a list of things you could not do without.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I don't want to sound mean but when I hear somebody talk constantly about The Office and Friends I picture someone who doesn't have very broad entertainment interests or have many hobbies and just spends their free time lounging on the couch browsing the internet on their phone while binging the same sitcoms over and over on Netflix as "background noise." Which is totally fine. But it's not the kind of person I'd want to be with.

yikes just swap The Office/Friends with Sunny/Seinfeld (god bless amazon prime) and you've got me. i should do more things

Most annoying thing has to be....

"I'm never on this app.... Follow me on Instagram!"

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
When I pull up someone's profile and it is nothing but pictures but nothing about the person or their profile is just someone random quote that tell me nothing about them.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
1: People who use stupid instagram filters on all their pics
2: People where every pic has like 3 or 4 people (usually the same people) and you have to be F'n Sherlock Holmes to determine who the person is
3: Profiles with nothing more than like a quote or nothing at all

Those are my biggest three pet peeves. If I see a IG filter of like mouse ears or something its a instant "nope".

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Not on apps anymore but the sheer amount of people who went to Machu Picchu and rode an elephant will never cease to amaze me.

Lmfaooooo.

The thing is, while a lot of these people on the apps (in my case women), are probably not as basic as they appear to be, but who the hell knows how to make themselves standout right?

OP really hit the nail on the head, the amount of fucking Office references on profiles is astounding. Then again, no one wants to put in that much effort it seems.

Edit: Never on here. Insta: basicasshit993

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not getting dates with my hottest matches.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfaooooo.

The thing is, while a lot of these people on the apps (in my case women), are probably not as basic as they appear to be, but who the hell knows how to make themselves standout right?

OP really hit the nail on the head, the amount of fucking Office references on profiles is astounding. Then again, no one wants to put in that much effort it seems.

Edit: Never on here. Insta: basicasshit993
"Never on here" people are just looking for IG followers and are the only thing I'll swipe left on instantly.