• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
popular show is popular? you may as well say, "always surprised how often gaming shows up in profiles."

I get that, but the show has also been off the air for 6 years. Friends is popular still as well, but I never see it as much as I do the office for example.
I'm just pointing out how that one show seems to transcend everything else when it comes to pop culture references on profiles.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Hiking"
"Only swiped on you for your dog"
"Pineapple belongs on pizza"
"420 friendly"
"I have a prince/princess and they are my WORLD"
"Here to make friends"
"Not here for hookups"

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Racist Trolling and Inflammatory False Equivalences; Prior Severe Bans for Racism and Sexism
I think it's pretty ridiculous that anyone would cry wolf and call racism if an individual is not attracted to a certain race. Using that logic, you could argue somebody is sexist because they aren't attracted to a certain gender. Sexuality is something you can't really control.

Now, if you treat people of a different skin color than yours differently/poorly, that's grounds for racism.
Sexist? You're clearly homophobic is youre only attracted to people of the opposite gender.

I do find people who say you're racist if you're not physically attracted to certain races as dumb as the dudes who say they can turn a gay girl straight.
You jut haven't met the right one..

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
The thing is like I feel women purposely make their profiles off-putting to prove how desperate us men are. Like "can you handle my clingyness/depression/daddy issues?" And we still swipe right anyway.

Well, what other choice do men have? I don't have hard data but I'd wager a paycheck that the overwhelming majority of women out there expect men to make the first move. From the stories I've heard some women don't even bother swiping, they just curate an endlessly flooded inbox.

If it weren't for that I'd imagine there would be a lot more unique womens' profiles out there.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
"Sapiosexual" like please, you're judging people based off their appearance on here and claim to be a sapiosexual. Get over yourself.

Also "Not looking for a hookup" proceeds to send a pervy intro message on Bumble.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People that seem to have every conversation rehearsed:

"Where are you from? What's your job? What are you looking for? Etc etc"

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From OKCupid:

-Not responding to a message when you are the one that liked me first

-People that give short, passive answers and never ask any questions of me. I can't stand it when it feels like I'm interviewing someone.

-Getting Likes from guys. Why are you doing this, man? What do you expect that this will accomplish? It is such a bummer to get that little "Somebody likes you!" email or notification and then log in to see that some dude was the one that added the like. It can be slightly flattering, but to get your hopes up like that and then have them trounced on is frustrating. If someone's sexuality is not compatible with yours, please don't spam them with likes.

-Getting Likes from girls that are hours and hours away from my city. Same reasoning -- you get your hopes up when that notification pops and then they're immediately crashed.

Last edited:

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's just the ice breaker small talk that leads to interesting conversations hopefully. Don't hate on what are easy interview questions.

Nah dude. Give me the hook first, make me interested. If I feel like you have done this 1000 times with a 1000 different people I can't be assed to give you my attention.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way - why use a dating app to find new friends? What kind of person does that?

a916

Oct 25, 2017
-People that give short, passive answers and never ask any questions of me. I can't stand it when it feels like I'm interviewing someone.

This one always bugs me.

Like this isn't going to go anywhere if the other person doesn't start to ask questions to get to know you.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Girls that bring up zodiac signs (there's a ridiculous amount in my area). Like "If you're cancer we'll get along famously"

Min

Oct 25, 2017
"Good/positive vibes only"

Shut up.

Really, I think you have to put yourself in others' shoes, especially women who are probably inundated with shitty messages. Like I get online dating platitudes in profiles even if it comes off as boring and slightly defensive, but women get so many shitty messages that those platitudes are felt necessary.

Edit: But also I'm not looking to hang with a Debbie Downer either.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
All the pics of women sky diving. Who cares that they like to jump out of perfectly good airplanes? 😒

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Man with fish.

ZwrO4TM.jpg

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I was very surprised when I tried online dating. I like to travel and The Office and wine! Who knew I'd find 1400 soulmates in one week!?