• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that you two went from making out and cuddling to being rejected just a midnight kiss makes it seem there is more going on here with her. Maybe she doesn't feel romantic towards you anymore. Maybe she was having a bad day. Maybe she's got someone else. Either way, I'd leave it up to her now to whether there's another date. You could ask her plainly that you noticed she went for a hug instead of kiss, how come? But if I were you, I'd take that as a rejection and let her text if she's still interested. This will give you peace of mind that the responsibility is off your shoulders to take this further. Have you got anyone else lined up for dates? If so, focus on them and keep her in the background for now.
Yeah the only reasonable conclusion I can draw from not kissing is that she isn't interested romantically anymore. Else I have no idea why you wouldn't.
And yeah I have a date lined up Wednesday so I'll focus on that for now. Thanks.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
When the ass is fat
XuSQGBKfyDYYph3_iXdH-NU79qYYtKqOqfnHxVTHEcw.jpg

Last edited:

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vwey disappointed right now. Fourth date and cooked her a nice meal, with dessert actually. Had really nice conversation, listened to good music and just had a great time. There wasn't much touching at all and then she has to leave earlier than I expected and when I try to get a goodnight kiss she kind of leans away for me and just hugs. It felt like a very obvious turn-down. Not expecting her to agree to another date but I guess I'll try. Shame, liked her a lot and no idea what went wrong. For reference we made out and cuddled/stayed the night last time so this was a super hard step back which makes me think she changed her mind during this date and decided to just bail.

You could just ask her you know.

I think that's a reasonable thing to do if you had previously made out and still having a good time but the physicality has decreased.

If that precedent had never been set I would have just advised writing this off as a romantic endeavour.

Maybe she would just rather be friends? That might not be so terrible, just ask her when you next see her in a calm and non-accusatory way.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Vwey disappointed right now. Fourth date and cooked her a nice meal, with dessert actually. Had really nice conversation, listened to good music and just had a great time. There wasn't much touching at all and then she has to leave earlier than I expected and when I try to get a goodnight kiss she kind of leans away for me and just hugs. It felt like a very obvious turn-down. Not expecting her to agree to another date but I guess I'll try. Shame, liked her a lot and no idea what went wrong. For reference we made out and cuddled/stayed the night last time so this was a super hard step back which makes me think she changed her mind during this date and decided to just bail.

Don't fill in the blanks. While these signals might seem obvious, I'd suggest an actual conversation to see where she's at.

Best relationship of my life has had date nights where she wasn't feeling it for one reason or another. That happens sometimes.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you two went from making out and cuddling to being rejected just a midnight kiss makes it seem there is more going on here with her. Maybe she doesn't feel romantic towards you anymore. Maybe she was having a bad day. Maybe she's got someone else. Either way, I'd leave it up to her now to whether there's another date. You could ask her plainly that you noticed she went for a hug instead of kiss, how come? But if I were you, I'd take that as a rejection and let her text if she's still interested. This will give you peace of mind that the responsibility is off your shoulders to take this further. Have you got anyone else lined up for dates? If so, focus on them and keep her in the background for now.
I generally feel like it's worth waiting a day or two and then texting to ask for another date. If she doesn't reply you have your answer for sure, and if she does answer then it's a good thing you didn't just wait. The key is just to assume she won't reply and taking the emotional investment out of it. I've had a couple times where I got extra dates because I wasn't too proud to just send that extra text.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I generally feel like it's worth waiting a day or two and then texting to ask for another date. If she doesn't reply you have your answer for sure, and if she does answer then it's a good thing you didn't just wait. The key is just to assume she won't reply and taking the emotional investment out of it. I've had a couple times where I got extra dates because I wasn't too proud to just send that extra text.
Agreed, it doesn't hurt to send an extra text but that should be the limit and then it's the waiting game. But glad to hear he's got another date to look forward to, so this girl is on the back burner.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could just ask her you know.

I think that's a reasonable thing to do if you had previously made out and still having a good time but the physicality has decreased.

If that precedent had never been set I would have just advised writing this off as a romantic endeavour.

Maybe she would just rather be friends? That might not be so terrible, just ask her when you next see her in a calm and non-accusatory way.
I guess I just feel like I don't want to come off as desperate or needy or wanting to rush things by asking a question like that. Which is why I think I want to go with chilling and asking for another date.

Don't fill in the blanks. While these signals might seem obvious, I'd suggest an actual conversation to see where she's at.

Best relationship of my life has had date nights where she wasn't feeling it for one reason or another. That happens sometimes.
I guess so yeah. We'll see.

Yeah this is what I'll do.

I also asked a female friend for advice and her opinion was that my date thinks we're rushing things and wants to take things slower. She suggested asking to meet outside of evening hours to put across the point that I want to get to know her and not just be fwb.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I just feel like I don't want to come off as desperate or needy or wanting to rush things by asking a question like that. Which is why I think I want to go with chilling and asking for another date.

It's only going to come off desperate and needy if you think it's desperate and needy.

It'll actually come off as confident and quite brave if you ask it in a way that treats it as a genuine normal question.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
She's looking for an interaction.
Also I think you're the same guy, but people that post on Instagram, the smiling pictures of themselves on a vacation or quotes about how strong they are.. are hardly that. They're usually just putting up a front.

Perhaps that may be the case... Idk. If it is I will never understand it, I do not get why people would get into a habit posting things not congruent with them or their thoughts, and decide to build some persona up instead. It seems foreign to me.

Nov 17, 2017
Perhaps that may be the case... Idk. If it is I will never understand it, I do not get why people would get into a habit posting things not congruent with them or their thoughts, and decide to build some persona up instead. It seems foreign to me.
A lot of people really care what other people think of them. I also think there can sometimes be a "fake it til you make it" type of reasoning behind it. Like maybe that persona they're building up is exactly who they want to be at that point.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
A lot of people really care what other people think of them. I also think there can sometimes be a "fake it til you make it" type of reasoning behind it. Like maybe that persona they're building up is exactly who they want to be at that point.

I see, building your self esteem up. I do not blame her for it--she saw herself as damaged goods, our relationship was pretty toxic in that she had a lot of issues valuing herself and was constantly questioning her thoughts and things I did for her along with my intentions, and I was often left overthinking things as well. It resulted in some pretty yucky codependent behavior. I probably made it worse at times by not really being completely aware of it at the time, when you're in it it's harder to see, furthermore identify, but that is something only she can really fix. Just sucks because due to our families being close and our circle of friends being tight, I will likely run into her again.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got my first match on Tinder after weeks and while I was still contemplating for 5 minutes what to write as a first message I got unmatched already.
Guess, I'll take a break from that for now because this frustrates me quite a lot.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm starting to get suspicious of Tinder and OKC. Over the past few weeksc I have noticed the women popping up on my feed are more often overweight. It has reached a point where I will get 7 overweight women for every 10 women. This has become more and more frequent and I'm suspecting that OKC and Tinder are doing something based on who is liking me. The simplest explanation would be that people that like me are put into my feed, and those people are predominately overweight.

It sounds harsh, but there really should be a filter based on weight. I don't need somebody who is the definition or beauty or anything, but I'm going to find clear signs of unhealthy lifestyles that cause obesity to be unattractive.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm starting to get suspicious of Tinder and OKC. Over the past few weeksc I have noticed the women popping up on my feed are more often overweight. It has reached a point where I will get 7 overweight women for every 10 women. This has become more and more frequent and I'm suspecting that OKC and Tinder are doing something based on who is liking me. The simplest explanation would be that people that like me are put into my feed, and those people are predominately overweight.

It sounds harsh, but there really should be a filter based on weight. I don't need somebody who is the definition or beauty or anything, but I'm going to find clear signs of unhealthy lifestyles that cause obesity to be unattractive.
It's cuffing season and that's all that's left. I went through like 20 big women in a row on Hinge and so did my friend

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds harsh, but there really should be a filter based on weight.

Then there would be calls for a filter on height, hair colour, ethnicity, religion etc.

Then when it's all said and done and it's implemented, people will just lie or not provide that info. I know some women who would balk at the idea that every dude they match with would discover their exact weight.

Got my first match on Tinder after weeks and while I was still contemplating for 5 minutes what to write as a first message I got unmatched already.
Guess, I'll take a break from that for now because this frustrates me quite a lot.

Seems weird. Do you live in a really low population area or something?

Otherwise, come into the dating era discord chat and let us look at your profile and pics, maybe some constructive advice can be provided.

OP
OP
Salamando

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017
This has become more and more frequent and I'm suspecting that OKC and Tinder are doing something based on who is liking me. The simplest explanation would be that people that like me are put into my feed, and those people are predominately overweight.
Well...they do. They also do things based on who you're liking.

It's one of Tinder's open secrets - every profile has a score behind it and a user's feed prioritizes users with similar scores. How the score is calculated is unknown. What is known is that it factors in the who-liked-who network. It's the reason why we suggest against liking every single profile that you come across - you'll get far fewer matches and your score will tank.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seems weird. Do you live in a really low population area or something?

Otherwise, come into the dating era discord chat and let us look at your profile and pics, maybe some constructive advice can be provided.

No, not really. Town I am living in has over 200k people so it's definitely not small.
I might do that tomorrow, thanks for the offer.

OP
OP
Salamando

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017
Consider this a gratuitous plug for the Dating-ERA Discord. For anyone looking to join, you'll find the invite below. We ask that any new members change their Discord nickname to match their ERA username. Makes it easier to keep track of stories across mediums.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018

Try dating in the South. Obesity is pandemic around here.

saizo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't recall. Maybe way back in the day. Now it's just subjective based on what you think you are which some people are particularly liberal with.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Started dreaming about exes and crushes and fulfilling relationships if that tells you where my head is at these days...

Gotta start doing stuff to get my self confidence up again because my unconscious mind is about done with my "break" I think. Lmao

Oct 28, 2017
Well...they do. They also do things based on who you're liking.

It's one of Tinder's open secrets - every profile has a score behind it and a user's feed prioritizes users with similar scores. How the score is calculated is unknown. What is known is that it factors in the who-liked-who network. It's the reason why we suggest against liking every single profile that you come across - you'll get far fewer matches and your score will tank.
I'm pretty particular about who I swipe right on. I think I'm pretty decent looking with a good profile, but I'm black. So I wonder if me getting insta-left swiped pretty often due to that is going to do what you're saying.

Nov 17, 2017
Texas, the land of guns and (beer) guts.
Everything's bigger in Texas.

I'm pretty particular about who I swipe right on. I think I'm pretty decent looking with a good profile, but I'm black. So I wonder if me getting insta-left swiped pretty often due to that is going to do what you're saying.
To go more in depth, Tinder basically rates you on how successful you are with getting matches and then they essentially rate your attractiveness or desirability based on that. So the more times you swipe right and get swiped left on in return, the lower your score gets. You don't necessarily need to be swiping on everyone to get a low score, that's just a good way to make sure your score tanks.

And then, kind of like an online game, the app matches you with people who have similar scores. That would explain why you only seem to be getting women you aren't attracted to, because the app sees you as equally desirable basically. But I think the app does give you chances to raise your score by showing you people who have higher scores every once in awhile and if you were to match with someone who had a higher score than you, your score would raise. So basically, you're probably stuck in the low levels with barely a chance to rise up. The only solution is to delete your profile and then literally just remake it again so your score refreshes and hope for better luck this time. It's never a bad idea to refresh things anyway. You should do it when things seem to slow down to a halt.

Btw, if I'm wrong on this someone please correct me. This is just what I've heard and sort of noticed on my own. I remember when a friend and I used Tinder at the same time, we lived in the same area and used only a 2 mile radius so it made sense that we would see the same set of people eventually. Despite that, he would often see and match with women I never even saw and they were all very attractive. We both consistently used the app over like 3-4 months and I definitely used it more than him. However, he was very successful on the app and I wasn't. His match count was much much higher than mine.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Everything's bigger in Texas.

To go more in depth, Tinder basically rates you on how successful you are with getting matches and then they essentially rate your attractiveness or desirability based on that. So the more times you swipe right and get swiped left on in return, the lower your score gets. You don't necessarily need to be swiping on everyone to get a low score, that's just a good way to make sure your score tanks.

And then, kind of like an online game, the app matches you with people who have similar scores. That would explain why you only seem to be getting women you aren't attracted to, because the app sees you as equally desirable basically. But I think the app does give you chances to raise your score by showing you people who have higher scores every once in awhile and if you were to match with someone who had a higher score than you, your score would raise. So basically, you're probably stuck in the low levels with barely a chance to rise up. The only solution is to delete your profile and then literally just remake it again so your score refreshes and hope for better luck this time. It's never a bad idea to refresh things anyway. You should do it when things seem to slow down to a halt.

Btw, if I'm wrong on this someone please correct me. This is just what I've heard and sort of noticed on my own. I remember when a friend and I used Tinder at the same time, we lived in the same area and used only a 2 mile radius so it made sense that we would see the same set of people eventually. Despite that, he would often see and match with women I never even saw and they were all very attractive. We both consistently used the app over like 3-4 months and I definitely used it more than him. However, he was very successful on the app and I wasn't. His match count was much much higher than mine.
WTF that's an intense algorithm if that's true for Tinder. I'm glad the Muslim dating apps were much clearer back when I was in the game, no weird videogame-like matchmaking.

OP
OP
Salamando

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017
WTF that's an intense algorithm if that's true for Tinder. I'm glad the Muslim dating apps were much clearer back when I was in the game, no weird videogame-like matchmaking.
Weird? Nah, it's their best attempt to minimize the number of one-way likes with the limited data that they have. OKC at least has 1000's of personality questions they can factor in. Tinder only has a who-liked-who network.

Oct 25, 2017
China

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
As I mentioned before, if a girl likes you, she'll get back to you. The girl I met last week and where we both decided to see each other again this friday, just texted me. I was planning to text her tomorrow, but man it felt good getting the text from her asking If we still would meet up.

So date two tomorrow, and I really like her. She has the most adorable smile I've seen in a long time. Of course things can go south still, so Im keeping my
expectations in check, but as of now things are feeling pretty pretty good.

Monkeyball

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
I sent a girl on Instagram a message but apparently if they don't follow you, your message barely is visible? Any tips?

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah maybe, but I personally never check my inbox from strangers on Instagram. I plan to go on dating apps this weekend though!
Yeah, Dating Apps are the way to go in this case.

What did you say in your message exactly? Whether she ignored it completely or read it and didn't respond, it's pretty much the same thing. You can't really do anything to make her respond than what you've already done.

I don't think messaging girls for dates on Instagram is a good look though. I would imagine most people wouldn't care for random messages from strangers on things like Instagram, especially women who I imagine probably have to deal with a bunch of thirsty guys "sliding into their DMs" on a regular basis.

Monkeyball

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, Dating Apps are the way to go in this case.

What did you say in your message exactly? Whether she ignored it completely or read it and didn't respond, it's pretty much the same thing. You can't really do anything to make her respond than what you've already done.

I don't think messaging girls for dates on Instagram is a good look though. I would imagine most people wouldn't care for random messages from strangers on things like Instagram, especially women who I imagine probably have to deal with a bunch of thirsty guys "sliding into their DMs" on a regular basis.

I know. But then I also know couples that met exactly like this. It was more of a "the worst thing that can happen is being ignored" thing.