• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, her trip is over! We're doing a video game night tomorrow, hopefully the spark we had going before she left hasn't changed :)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are you playing?

I'm thinking of getting the Mario Party bundle to play with my girlfriend. Though considering it's MP, I might need some help on my Tinder profile from you guys pretty soon.
Dunno. I haven't played with her before but I know she likes Myst and Zelda. Maybe I'll see if she likes The Witness.

Are you showing her how far videogames have come??
So around 5 years ago I had a girl over for our second date and for god knows what reason I was showing her Tearaway on Vita. In the middle of playing she suddenly started making out with me. So don't rule out the game demo technique :D

(do rule it out guys, just for the record)

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this girl who was a grade above me in high school, at a bar last Saturday. We didn't talk much in high school, but we talked occasionally. She recognized me fairly fast, and got me dancing with her, grinding up against me and stuff, she gave me her number, told me to hit her up sometime. Texted her the day after just saying it was nice seeing her after so long, which she responded back to. After that I texted her that we should go out for drinks one day soon, and she never responded to that text.

Thinking of texting her if she wants to go out for drinks this weekend, but her not responding to the last text is putting me off of doing that.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Saw this girl who was a grade above me in high school, at a bar last Saturday. We didn't talk much in high school, but we talked occasionally. She recognized me fairly fast, and got me dancing with her, grinding up against me and stuff, she gave me her number, told me to hit her up sometime. Texted her the day after just saying it was nice seeing her after so long, which she responded back to. After that I texted her that we should go out for drinks one day soon, and she never responded to that text.

Thinking of texting her if she wants to go out for drinks this weekend, but her not responding to the last text is putting me off of doing that.
Give it one more shot and then forget her if she does not answer.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I deleted my dating app accounts but I want to retry.

I've had such an unbelievable amount of bad luck. But I don't want to give up.

The past six months I've been able to get dates but they always always end with the girl texting that we're not a match.

I just need to know:

What are the best dating apps to use (tinder, okcupid, what else?)

Which dating apps are worth paying for?

What are the best tips for taking good photos. I read in a thread someone saying to get a tripod, mount your phone in a well lit room, and take 100 flash photos. Pick the best one. Stuff like that. Anything to help me out...

And what should I put in my actual profile? I feel like I'm not selling myself well at all.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I deleted my Tinder and Bumble accounts as well. Started questioning if I should be dating right now, or if I should just focus on improving my body before getting back out there and dating again.

My main issue is I just don't have any pics of me doing anything exciting, and yeah, it's hard making bio's that aren't too long, but get to the point of what your interests/ life is about.

Oct 25, 2017

The past six months I've been able to get dates but they always always end with the girl texting that we're not a match.

I just need to know:

What are the best tips for taking good photos. I read in a thread someone saying to get a tripod, mount your phone in a well lit room, and take 100 flash photos. Pick the best one. Stuff like that. Anything to help me out...

And what should I put in my actual profile? I feel like I'm not selling myself well at all.

It's okay to go out and not be a match. Did you think they were a match? Were any of them totally shocking?

The best app depends on what you're looking for, demographics (yours and your preferences), and locations. Coffee Meets Bagel has been the bulk of the ~100 I've met in the last few years, but that is in Chicago, and the top-line filters are beneficial towards me (age, ethnicity, education).

As for photos, just have friends take photos of you when you're out doing stuff. Their judgment will help lead to results.

Give a realistically portrayal of who you are and what you want, and frame it in an above-average-way-possible.

Have you had much relationship experience in the past? There's a lot to learn, and it is totally fine to date wide to learn what you want and how to really gel with another person.

Last edited:

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

I just need to know:

Try hinge, there's not that many people on there so you'll go through your matches fast and could move on to another app if you don't find anything on there. 2 out of the 3 people I've dated from online dating I've asked out because I had A-list on OKCupid and they had liked me first but this was before the site went to shit. Even the best self portrait won't be as good as a photo of you outside doing something so it's better if you ask someone to take your photo while you're out doing something fun. In your profile write about what you care about and what you're actually looking for in a partner.

Or just be attractive and your profile won't even matter.

Last edited:

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
It's okay to go out and not be a match. Did you think they were a match? Were any of them totally shocking?

The best app depends on what you're looking for, demographics (yours and your preferences), and locations. Coffee Meets Bagel has been the bulk of the ~100 I've met in the last few years, but that is in Chicago, and the top-line filters are beneficial towards me (age, ethnicity, education).

As for photos, just have friends take photos of you when you're out doing stuff. Their judgment will help lead to results.

Give a realistically portrayal of who you are and what you want, and frame it in an above-average-way-possible.

Have you had much relationship experience in the past? There's a lot to learn, and it is totally fine to date wide to learn what you want and how to really gel with another person.

In retrospect every single one of those women had hobbies and opinions that were really different than my own - but that didn't bother me. To me there's nothing wrong with two people having differences in life style or opinions. *shrug* but it just didn't work out.

I've slept with women before but I've never been in a real relationship. And I've had a fucking rough last 6 months in the dating game.

Try hinge, there's not that many people on there so you'll go through your matches fast and could move on to another app if you don't find anything on there. 2 out of the 3 people I've dated from online dating I've asked out because I had A-list on OKCupid and they had liked me first but this was before the site went to shit. Even the best self portrait won't be as good as a photo of you outside doing something so it's better if you ask someone to take your photo while you're out doing something fun. In your profile write about what you care about and what you're actually looking for in a partner.

Or just be attractive and your profile won't even matter.

Thanks to both of you for your tips. I'm actually going to still wait a bit before I get back into dating apps because I'm just not in a good place. The plan is lose 10 lbs, gain some confidence, then get back into it, using both your tips and other tips I've found online.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using 3 dating apps for over 5 months now and while I've gotten some matches, none of them have turned up dates or even long-term conversations.

I know that I should keep at it, but it's disheartening.

And I know I shouldn't judge myself too harshly for my current situation (24 years old and never even been on a date), but I do it anyway. Ugh.

Nov 17, 2017
No selfies of you in your house. I've seen profiles exclusively filled with pictures like this and it just makes you look like you either didn't try or you have no friends and no life.

Have a photo of your social life. You doing something with your friends.

Have a photo of you doing something fun or interesting. An activity, an event, a place. This can showcase your personality a bit.

If you have pets, a picture of you with them. Pets are cute and easy conversation starters.

You should have at least one of these picture give a good look at your face while having at least one other have a good look at your full body or most of it at least.

Obviously make sure you look good in your photos. And lead with your best one.

He deserves to know. Mental Atrophy could just detach himself from the whole thing but she'll probably just keep doing it with someone else. At least let the guy know so he can decide what he wants to do and then detach from the whole thing.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
A girl I met online during college, and dated and hung out with several times back then, wants me to go to her work Christmas party tomorrow night as her date. I said yes, and that I would DD for her if she would like, but am nervous about going somewhere where I don't know anyone, not liking the food and looking like an ass because I'm a picky eater, and dancing.

We've been social media friends for years, but hadn't seen each other for years until this summer when we kind of reconnected. She had been with a guy and almost married him. We went out for food once, to the drive in with her friends, and also to a birthday party after which I went to her place to meet her cats and slept over. We ended up sleeping in the same bed and cuddling, but nothing else happened.

I like her personality. I think she's a good person, and want her to be happy. I know she has a crush on me, but no matter how hard I try I'm just not attracted to her. I'm not a shallow person, and try not to be (I also have no right to be). I just can't bring myself to be attracted to her and don't want to hurt her.

She knows I just want to be friends, though. We have talked. People ask her if we're dating and think we are, but she tells them no.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like her personality. I think she's a good person, and want her to be happy. I know she has a crush on me, but no matter how hard I try I'm just not attracted to her. I'm not a shallow person, and try not to be (I also have no right to be). I just can't bring myself to be attracted to her and don't want to hurt her.
Don't try to force this. It's not your responsibility to make sure she's never disappointed. Best you can do is be straight forward about it and not lead her on. Definitely don't sleep over again - if a girl you were crushing on slept in your bed I'm sure that would throw you for a loop.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Don't try to force this. It's not your responsibility to make sure she's never disappointed. Best you can do is be straight forward about it and not lead her on. Definitely don't sleep over again - if a girl you were crushing on slept in your bed I'm sure that would throw you for a loop.

Yeah...the thing is that I will be sleeping over tomorrow because she lives 30 minutes from me and we're using her vehicle. If we both drink we'll be taking Keys 'R Us home, and if she drinks and I don't I'll be DDing in her vehicle.

I was just going to sleep on the couch last time, but she said to come lay down on the bed. We cuddled but that was it, and she started it. She had mentioned staying over before, but didn't know I'd planned to sleep on the couch then.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah definitely this. TheBeardedOne Stop sleeping in her bed and cuddling if you don't want anything.

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect every single one of those women had hobbies and opinions that were really different than my own - but that didn't bother me. To me there's nothing wrong with two people having differences in life style or opinions. *shrug* but it just didn't work out.

I've slept with women before but I've never been in a real relationship. And I've had a fucking rough last 6 months in the dating game.

Thanks to both of you for your tips. I'm actually going to still wait a bit before I get back into dating apps because I'm just not in a good place. The plan is lose 10 lbs, gain some confidence, then get back into it, using both your tips and other tips I've found online.

I strongly recommend against taking a break. Maybe slow down a bit and deprioritize it a bit, but you'll be better off if you continue to get out and there improve basic dating skills. Ever putting plans contingent on losing weight is a bad idea.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
He deserves to know. Mental Atrophy could just detach himself from the whole thing but she'll probably just keep doing it with someone else. At least let the guy know so he can decide what he wants to do and then detach from the whole thing.

Personally I wouldn't tell him, but at the same time you think about what if he doesn't find out until after they have kids.

The better question is, why shouldn't I do it?

At the end of the day you do you, but me personally I don't know the guy so I have no obligation to tell him anything. Second he might not even believe you and you could cause a huge problem for attempting to do the right thing.

It's really not that big of deal but granted not everyone can sleep at night doing such a thing.

Nov 17, 2017
At the end of the day you do you, but me personally I don't know the guy so I have no obligation to tell him anything. Second he might not even believe you and you could cause a huge problem for attempting to do the right thing.

It's really not that big of deal but granted not everyone can sleep at night doing such a thing.
The way I see it, there are a ton of things in life you aren't obligated to do but it's still good to do them. It's more about doing the right thing and helping people if you can. If I was in the husband's position, I'd want someone to tell me too.

Like I said, let the guy do what he wants with the information. If he doesn't believe you, oh well. If it causes a huge problem with his marriage, well, you weren't the one who cheated.

This. Being a cuddle bitch isnt progess, quite the opposite in fact.
Can he be the "cuddle bitch" in this scenario if he wants nothing more than friendship? Actually, she would be despite the fact that she's initiating the cuddling.

But yeah, I wouldn't be staying over and cuddling in bed together cause that's just going to confuse her.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The way I see it, there are a ton of things in life you aren't obligated to do but it's still good to do them. It's more about doing the right thing and helping people if you can. If I was in the husband's position, I'd want someone to tell me too.

I understand, like I said do you. I'm ruthless like that must be the New Yorker in me so pay me no mind haha. If that was me i would be like "well that was fun" XD

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah...the thing is that I will be sleeping over tomorrow because she lives 30 minutes from me and we're using her vehicle. If we both drink we'll be taking Keys 'R Us home, and if she drinks and I don't I'll be DDing in her vehicle.

I was just going to sleep on the couch last time, but she said to come lay down on the bed. We cuddled but that was it, and she started it. She had mentioned staying over before, but didn't know I'd planned to sleep on the couch then.
You want to stay as just friends but you cuddling her? The fuck?! Don't tell me you're spooning her too. Enact boundaries. Sleep without touching each other. Or sleep on the couch. You're definitely leading her on, which is not good.

Massa

Oct 27, 2017

Like I said, let the guy do what he wants with the information. If he doesn't believe you, oh well. If it causes a huge problem with his marriage, well, you weren't the one who cheated.

And what if the husband decides to punish you for sleeping with his wife? Or punish the wife?

Other people's personal lives is not something you should get involved with, specially if you don't know them.

Nov 17, 2017
And what if the husband decides to punish you for sleeping with his wife? Or punish the wife?

Other people's personal lives is not something you should get involved with, specially if you don't know them.
What if he finds out anyway and busts a hole through your door with an axe? I feel like you're assuming the worst possible outcome. Why would he go after you for telling him? You didn't know she was married. Logically, you would preface the whole thing with that when you tell him so he knows. Hell, you can be anonymous about it if you're that worried. And what do you mean by punish the wife? If you mean he gets upset and they have an argument, get divorced, do therapy or something, I don't see an issue there. It's her fault for cheating. If you mean he'll beat his wife, I guess I have to ask if you have reason to believe he would which you obviously wouldn't since you just found out he existed. I think it's pretty clear that if you had good reason to believe she'd be in danger as a result, that you shouldn't tell him.

I would say that you involve someone in your personal life when you involve them in an affair without their knowledge. You're just letting someone know what's up and leaving it at that. If you don't want to do it, whatever, but I think it's the right thing to do.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
I understand, like I said do you. I'm ruthless like that must be the New Yorker in me so pay me no mind haha. If that was me i would be like "well that was fun" XD
I mean think about it like this, If your SO was cheating on you, would you rather:
A) Know
B) Not Know.

If your answer is B, then everything you said is Good. If your answer is A then that's a problem, well not really, that's why you tell the husband. It also means you are not as "ruthless" as you may think. Why would you be OK with someone investing their life into a SO that is cheating on them?

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I mean think about it like this, If your SO was cheating on you, would you rather:
A) Know
B) Not Know.

If your answer is B, then everything you said is Good. If your answer is A then that's a problem, well not really, that's why you tell the husband. It also means you are not as "ruthless" as you may think. Why would you be OK with someone investing their life into a SO that is cheating on them?

First it's none of my business, second I have no obligation to tell him anything.

I don't know him either so why would I go thru trouble of doing that. Ultimately, it's what would i do. At the end of the day you do you and let yourself be guided what you think it's the right to do. I just offered an alternative line of thinking by any means am I saying you wrong for doing that. Some folks just don't wanna know like Mario W said on his song.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Found my first furry on online dating. Looks ready to pounce
BHn8YNv.jpg

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Then why did you sleep on the bed? Does she have mind control powers? C'mon, man lol

She told me to after I said I'd sleep on the couch. That's the honest answer. An even more honest answer is that I'm lonely, it sounded more comfortable, and I like to cuddle. Not that I knew we would. I didn't initiate. We had also already talked about just being friends.

I don't get many chances to date, and part of me was super lonely. I didn't initiate sex, nor did I take advantage of her. I didn't even initiate cuddling.

Last edited:

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Short update. Back home from date two, and it's all good. Corrected my mistake of not getting her nr last time we met. Enjoyed a long walk and even longer dinner, ended with kisses and the saga continues next week. Man, everything just works and this winter seems lot warmer.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
When you get sick on Halloween and cancel a date with girl. You invite her to go out two weeks later and she says that she's sick.

So, she texts you a week later and says she was never sick, she just wanted to get revenge because she knows that you weren't sick.

But... I really was sick.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
When you get sick on Halloween and cancel a date with girl. You invite her to go out two weeks later and she says that she's sick.

So, she texts you a week later and says she was never sick, she just wanted to get revenge because she knows that you weren't sick.

But... I really was sick.

Yikes, instant red flag