• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, im an idiot

I asked her super awkwardly if she was okay with kissing and she said no and that she kissed her previous boyfriend and didnt like it. Its weird cause she seems okay with me holding hands and stuff. Guess im being friend zoned?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Well shit, im an idiot

I asked her super awkwardly if she was okay with kissing and she said no and that she kissed her previous boyfriend and didnt like it. Its weird cause she seems okay with me holding hands and stuff. Guess im being friend zoned?
You could always, you know, respectfully state your desires and see what hers are.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with someone who didn't enjoy kissing. There's a non-trivial chance she doesn't even like sex either.

You need to be open to the possibility that you two aren't on the same page regarding physical affection and that you may not have any sexual chemistry.

Even if you're not being "friend zoned," you need to assess whether these physical things are a prerequisite for an enjoyable relationship for you.

Oct 25, 2017
China
You could always, you know, respectfully state your desires and see what hers are.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with someone who didn't enjoy kissing. There's a non-trivial chance she doesn't even like sex either.

You need to be open to the possibility that you two aren't on the same page regarding physical affection and that you may not have any sexual chemistry.

Even if you're not being "friend zoned," you need to assess whether these physical things are a prerequisite for an enjoyable relationship for you.
She's Chinese, there's some cultural things at play here. She seems to be behaving as I've predicted.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I texted her i was sorry for putting her on the spot like that and wanted to go at her pace and not make her feel uncomfortable and she replied:

"You are fine lol, it takes time for me to build a feeling and be intimate. Thanks for tonight, it was pretty fun!"

So that makes me feel a bit better

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just popping back in to say that Man Seeking Woman season 3 is K I L L I N G it. Back to back phenomenal episodes. Honestly, one of the most romantic bits of media I've ever seen is in this season. Melts and breaks my heart simultaneously.

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just popping back in to say that Man Seeking Woman season 3 is K I L L I N G it. Back to back phenomenal episodes. Honestly, one of the most romantic bits of media I've ever seen is in this season. Melts and breaks my heart simultaneously.
The adventure Indiana Jones episode is the most relevant cause don't want to get too comfortable in a relationship and end up staying indoors with Netflix and chill.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed. Only people in L.A. know what I mean when I say people are terrible. And +1 for Hinge as well. It's like the perfect mix of tinder and OKC. It just needs more users.
Luckily I finally went out on a pretty fun date with a stoner type of girl who just moved here. Finding a chill down to earth girl is hard but maybe not impossible.

Oct 27, 2017
SHE MSGED

Your bro has a date this weekend bitches

200.gif

Better not screw this up

Yay, so happy for you :) Go rock that date.

Clay Davis

Jan 8, 2018
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Things went really well, despite my reservations and my being a little upset. Her friend was really fun to be around, she took us to a local carnival, a light show and then to a movie (Battle Angel, which was incredible!).

We had our special day today (mostly just staying in bed and playing some Switch, which was really good)

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Let me know if she becomes flaky again. I want to know if these types of people can be redeemed or if they don't change haha

will definitely provide updates on this. Since i have had a crush on this girl, i definitely don't trust myself to see any red flags lol Will need impartial Era.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else here go on a first date on Valentine's Day? It was a lot of fun, I feel like it relaxes the mood because it's such a serious day for actual couples you get to make fun of it a bit.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say that Valentine's Day was a raging success. Nothing beats a date at the beach at night.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
Reporting great success from Valentine's Day.

For the person who asked about why we got back together after our breakup. We broke up in the end really because lack of communication and being real with each other. We had been broken up about four months when she texted me out of nowhere on the 7th night of Hannukah. We ended up meeting up and talking and everything just kinda fell into place like it used to be for us.

jbgwhTH.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
First Valentine's Day post-separation. My ex and I didn't really make a big deal out of it, so I wasn't too worried about feeling weird, and it was totally fine. I spent the afternoon and evening with my girlfriend and we had a great time avoiding all crowded places by eating dinner at 3 in the afternoon and going shopping for curtains for my new place.

Living alone ain't so bad with good people supporting you. It's still a little weird though, being only a week in.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Somewhat random but has anyone seen these Ok Cupid ada in there area:

k0SJKd7.jpg

Kind of a scummy way to advertise as if that's all people are looking for online.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Update on my last post.
Well, I tried not to get down about it or make things weird with this girl since she's from school and we are gonna have classes together until the end of the year. Yeah, I know, don't get involved with your peers, but I'm dumb.
Okay, I sent a text again this morning and she agreed to go to a coffee near school before our sunday class. No mention of boyfriend or anything.
Now I'm full of doubt since I don't know if she sees this as friendship or something more. Whatever, I'm just gonna tell her I'm in an open relationship and see where it goes from there. Maybe she is seeking validation or just don't want things to get awkward, but then she could have said from the beginning, "Oh, I don't think I can go, I have a boyfriend yadda yadda".
What do you guys think?

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Maybe it's just poor messaging because to me it seems more like it's trying to say "hey, it's not just for hookups" since sometimes people assume that about dating apps.

For me it's more the DTF part which clashes with the pictures a bit. Funny too because I met my current girlfriend on there 8 years ago lol. I guess things have changed a bit.

As a si

As a simple old swede, I don't get the ad. What does "DTF" stand for?

Oh, at least in the US, it stands for Down To Fuck.

Edit: beaten

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
As a si

As a simple old swede, I don't get the ad. What does "DTF" stand for?
For me it's more the DTF part which clashes with the pictures a bit. Funny too because I met my current girlfriend on there 8 years ago lol. I guess things have changed a bit.

Oh, at least in the US, it stands for Down To Fuck.

Edit: beaten

Oh, haha. Thanks guys. Yeah I've think I've come across that here in Sweden as well. I sure know what DILF means cause that's what a lot of ladies thought I were , but I have no kids! But yeah, that seems like a tacky way to market your product. At the same time it's not far from the truth at all.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ya'll have any luck just asking friends/family to set you up on dates?

Nov 17, 2017
I think their intention was for the DTF to catch your attention before you look closer and realize it's down to do... some normal thing. Like hey, you thought dating apps were just for hookups but you can find someone that does the things you like to do. Definitely doesn't really communicate it all that well though.

From what I've heard, OKCupid has become more and more like Tinder which is funny since I'm fairly certain the company that owns it owns Tinder.

ya'll have any luck just asking friends/family to set you up on dates?
Family? I would never want them to set me up on a date.

Friends? I've been set up with a friend of a friend before but not on a date. More just like she invited both of us out with her knowing that her friend was single and that I might be interested. The friend didn't know though, we just hung out and I got her number by the end of the night and asked her out later. I don't know about actually setting a friend up directly, seems like a lot of pressure.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I think their intention was for the DTF to catch your attention before you look closer and realize it's down to do... some normal thing. Like hey, you thought dating apps were just for hookups but you can find someone that does the things you like to do. Definitely doesn't really communicate it all that well though.

From what I've heard, OKCupid has become more and more like Tinder which is funny since I'm fairly certain the company that owns it owns Tinder.

Yeah I see what you mean, and the pictures definitely convey more romantic type stuff, except for maybe that far right one lol. And I didn't know that about Tinder, that's hilarious but makes sense.

Nov 17, 2017
Nope. Friends will just try and pair you with whatever other friend they have is single, regardless of looks and potential compatibility.
I feel like that's what family members will do. Like, somehow they think that their coworker's niece is perfect for you because they're one of the only young people they can think of.

Friends usually don't do that if they're good friends who know you well enough. I think the more common problem is that you ask your friends if they have any single friends they think would be a good match for you and there simply isn't anyone they know.

Oct 27, 2017
SHE MSGED

Your bro has a date this weekend bitches

200.gif

Better not screw this up

I feel like you need constant reminders that she's just a regular ass person who farts and says insensitive things and probably has vomited after drinking too much a time or two. Keep shit in perspective and don't make this date some kind of landmark on your life's timeline.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I feel like you need constant reminders that she's just a regular ass person who farts and says insensitive things and probably has vomited after drinking too much a time or two. Keep shit in perspective and don't make this date some kind of landmark on your life's timeline.

This is good advice, but I feel that guy has already set himself up to fail by calling her a crush, and being too insecure. I predict max simping and over analysis over everything she says an does.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I think their intention was for the DTF to catch your attention before you look closer and realize it's down to do... some normal thing.

It is classic marketing, as sent up in Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker's (the Black Mirror guy) "Nathan Barley", a piss take of hipsters before we had modern style hipsters. It was looked down on at the time as being ridiculous, now it seems like a prophecy. Anyway, the show is based around a magazine called "Sugar Ape":

sugar_ape.jpg

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
so guys the date went fantastic, i just hope she felt the same way. we talked for like 2.5hr constant. Now what should i text her?

"Hey, i had a great time. If you would like we should do it again"

is that cool?

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd drop the "if you would like" and be more specific about when you're meeting again. Just be confident and say something like "Hey, I had a great time. If you're free we should grab lunch this Saturday, there's a place at (blank) I've always wanted to check out."

Shows that you're not vague with your schedule, you're willing to commit to a specific time and that you're keeping tabs on what's popular in your area. That's my suggestion anyway.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
so guys the date went fantastic, i just hope she felt the same way. we talked for like 2.5hr constant. Now what should i text her?

"Hey, i had a great time. If you would like we should do it again"

is that cool?
Doesn't sound that confident to be honest. I've learned that women are more likely to agree to go out with you again if don't ask them out as a question. I've had better luck saying something like "Let's go out tomorrow" than "Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?"

Last edited:

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
just had my first breakup and god damn does it hurt. ive been feeling so cold the entire day and it feels like anything could just make me burst into tears

it's my fault for getting so attached but sheesh i just wanna turn that part of my brain off