• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
No luck in this girl appearing in the group chat or live. So I'm thinking of outright ask her it, it's been 2 weeks since we last chatted.

What do you think?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Asked her and she said she was thinking the same thing :D Gonna move together in January
Moving on up! Awesome stuff.

Feeling awfully lost. Been on dating apps for a year since my breakup. Therapist has helped me grow immensely. To the point of feeling very comfortable rather than anxious in most situations. Only met 4 women in the past year for a first date. Was never interested in a second date until the most recent one. She's beautiful, smart, mature, we can have a conversation and make each other laugh. But we both ended the second date feeling like we could be friends but not partners. We decided to take the weekend to mull it over before deciding what we want, but facing my own answer has really bummed me out. It's really rare that I find someone like her and I feel completely discouraged that we're not interested. I feel lost with my own feelings. I really don't feel like going through the work of meeting people anymore and I'm thinking of taking a break.
Maybe just be friends? I mean, she could even maybe hook you up with her friends. But taking a break from this position is very, very reasonable.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
I don't know what the context for any of this is :P
Meetup group has core members and semi-core members that every once in a while attend, and have been doing so for a long time, but are not super regular.

It was my 4th outing with the meetup group, this chick arrives and I'm taken aback, we chat, hit it off, chemistry, etc. I text her next day to start chatting, but she's terrible at texting. Even she does not participate much on the group chat, most she gives is a ":o" emoji.

Group has done some stuff I haven't been able to attend but even then she has not attended either. Tomorrow there's an activity and I hope she attends, but if she doesn't should I str8 ask her out? The next option is patiently wait until she decides to show her butt. I had some luck picking up girls this weekend with dancing so I'm feeling energized about this one since the meetup group is organizing a big costume party.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
Meetup group has core members and semi-core members that every once in a while attend, and have been doing so for a long time, but are not super regular.

It was my 4th outing with the meetup group, this chick arrives and I'm taken aback, we chat, hit it off, chemistry, etc. I text her next day to start chatting, but she's terrible at texting. Even she does not participate much on the group chat, most she gives is a ":o" emoji.

Group has done some stuff I haven't been able to attend but even then she has not attended either. Tomorrow there's an activity and I hope she attends, but if she doesn't should I str8 ask her out? The next option is patiently wait until she decides to show her butt. I had some luck picking up girls this weekend with dancing so I'm feeling energized about this one since the meetup group is organizing a big costume party.
I don't know man... you've been posting about this girl for awhile now and it doesn't seem like she's all that interested in you. Most of your posts have seemed to be you waiting for some sort of positive or active response/presence from her and she's not giving you it.

By all means, ask her out if for nothing else to just get a solid answer.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Strange turn of events. Matched with a girl, she wasn't available when I asked so we added on instagram until we could find a time. Talked a bit back and forth and suddenly she stopped answering. Oh well, and then a few days later I see she's unfollowed me. I do the same and delete the conversation. About a week later today she hit me up on insta (I have an open profile so you can message without following) "hey sorry for being so slow to answer, how about thursday?" Uhh you're just casually not going to mention that you totally ghosted me? Not even just not responding, but actually unfollowed. I ask her what's going because im confused lol
(Intellectually I'm certain that she was hoping for someone else that fell through and is now going for me, but it's a bit too opaque. I'm proceeding with caution)

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Strange turn of events. Matched with a girl, she wasn't available when I asked so we added on instagram until we could find a time. Talked a bit back and forth and suddenly she stopped answering. Oh well, and then a few days later I see she's unfollowed me. I do the same and delete the conversation. About a week later today she hit me up on insta (I have an open profile so you can message without following) "hey sorry for being so slow to answer, how about thursday?" Uhh you're just casually not going to mention that you totally ghosted me? Not even just not responding, but actually unfollowed. I ask her what's going because im confused lol
(Intellectually I'm certain that she was hoping for someone else that fell through and is now going for me, but it's a bit too opaque. I'm proceeding with caution)
This will end well.

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
I don't know man... you've been posting about this girl for awhile now and it doesn't seem like she's all that interested in you. Most of your posts have seemed to be you waiting for some sort of positive or active response/presence from her and she's not giving you it.

By all means, ask her out if for nothing else to just get a solid answer.

Well I haven't done anything, as I was just waiting for the group to get together again. But I think I might just straight go for it if tonight's hangout doesn't pan out

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
well I guess actually since I posted may as well post something a little bit more of value then just a question.

Been seeing this really great girl for a while now, recently its hit a bumpy road (I still have feelings for her and im sure she feels the same, at least I hope :P). Anyways I asked her to really take a moment to think about whats best for us and to tell me, while I did the same.
Not sure if right move but at the moment it did feel like it was necessary to kind of make sure we where each others heads were at.

When I asked if she had thought about it she said that "yes I want it to work but also I want to give myself time to think to not pull you back and forth" but idk I guess it could just be me but something kinda felt off? i guess thats the best way to say it.

Anyways, thanked her for taking the time to think about it and not be like "oh yeah lets do it!" and a week later say "nah". So now im just kinda here waiting and although its not as constant as before I do still talk to her but just about other stuff.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

Lol I've had women not talk to me for months then pop back up as if a whole 6 months haven't passed and never even mention where they've been.

I'd agree with you. The guy she had in front of you didn't work out so now she's circled back round for a quick ego boost.

At least you're going in with caution. I personally would tell her I wasn't feel it anymore. As she's probably going to ghost you again after the date.

I'd rather go out with someone who was excited from the off.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Hey,

I have a girl visiting for Saturday afternoon to sunday.

Could someone reccomend things for us to do in east london. The plan is to wander around for a bit, and then get dinner + drinks and head to a club.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I'm fairly new on both, but hinge feels like a weird version of Facebook where you can like photos or things that people write. Bumble feels more like a less shitty version of tinder
huh...maybe ill check it out eventually.

only ever used Bumble and Tinder myself with bumble being the nicer one tbh. That being said the last two girls iv been with I found outside of that. I heard someone talking before how when they are out "looking for" someone they dont find anyone, the people they do find is in places or at times they werent looking. Find that to be true myself tbh

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Got a date and long overdue, we hit it off quite well and she proposed a second date at a museum, we exchanged numbers.

There was a moment of dread in the few minutes after I showed up at the coffee place while I looked up her profile to get a better idea of what she looked like and found the telltale lack of full-body-photos. She undersells herself, though. Quite cute and immensely witty and engaging.

Now to see how texting goes, since she'll be away on a business trip for a bit before we can make good on that second date (which works for me because I'm stuffed the rest of October).

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
So I think employees may be posing as people on date sites. All I get on POF and OKCUPID is bots or conversations that disappear after a couple of exchanges, like I've been trying for years and I get nothing, have never been able to get close to meeting someone. Then suddenly someone messaged and this was the exchange, does it seem like what I think it seems? Like immediately after the ok reply the account was gone, seems pretty suspicious.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hah well, as expected. We decided on Thursday after my piano lessons in the evening and I wrote her yesterday to confirm the time. She read but hasn't replied. Wonder what drives people to be THIS flaky

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
So I think employees may be posing as people on date sites. All I get on POF and OKCUPID is bots or conversations that disappear after a couple of exchanges, like I've been trying for years and I get nothing, have never been able to get close to meeting someone. Then suddenly someone messaged and this was the exchange, does it seem like what I think it seems? Like immediately after the ok reply the account was gone, seems pretty suspicious.

It's a bot.

Hah well, as expected. We decided on Thursday after my piano lessons in the evening and I wrote her yesterday to confirm the time. She read but hasn't replied. Wonder what drives people to be THIS flaky
Not being interested

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Okay so my self imposed dating ban lasted... 5 minutes.

But I paid for Hinge and I'm getting NOTHING. Like I'm messaging quite a few girls, my pictures have been fine elsewhere, and not a single thing. Kind of frustrating.

The whole thing is frustrating. Dating. I get way too invested. I get disappointed. I get scared. Screw it.

Nov 17, 2017
Okay so my self imposed dating ban lasted... 5 minutes.

But I paid for Hinge and I'm getting NOTHING. Like I'm messaging quite a few girls, my pictures have been fine elsewhere, and not a single thing. Kind of frustrating.

The whole thing is frustrating. Dating. I get way too invested. I get disappointed. I get scared. Screw it.
I thought Hinge was free.

Nov 17, 2017

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So you can't message people on Okcupid anymore? Or rather, they won't see your message unless you both like each other?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
So you can't message people on Okcupid anymore? Or rather, they won't see your message unless you both like each other?

Correct, but if they browse past your profile they can see that you've messaged them, at least in the last iteration (I did get yesterday's date off OKC but have mostly been using their swipe-equivalent and they've been changing their UI a lot lately). Also people who like you will be pushed up in your queue.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Correct, but if they browse past your profile they can see that you've messaged them, at least in the last iteration (I did get yesterday's date off OKC but have mostly been using their swipe-equivalent and they've been changing their UI a lot lately). Also people who like you will be pushed up in your queue.
You can still see the message but only if they click your profile. It won't appear in their inbox.

Thank you for the information.

Oct 28, 2017
I (32M) have been seeing (27F) for 3 months. About a day ago we had an argument about how i put in 90% of the effort into the relationship. She agreed on this point, she hasn't said if she would try and address this issue but she has gone silent for the past 24 hours. The last couple of messages I sent her were more statements than questions so she sort of didnt need to reply but 24 hours without contact is not the norm between us. Should I be the one reaching out in this situation even though she was in the wrong or should I wait for her to initiate contact again?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I'm getting more matches on hinge than bumble which sucks because I prefer the girls on the latter.
[currently] Hinge has a higher % of engagement. Meaning that the great majority of the profiles you see on there are actual people looking for dates. I'm sure that'll change once it becomes more popular.
Bumble has a shit ton of not just bots, but inactive accounts from people that stopped checking it and never deleted their profile, in addition to people who just make a profile only to browse and/or receive validation with zero intention of actually responding to anyone, much less meeting someone.

Nov 17, 2017
[currently] Hinge has a higher % of engagement. Meaning that the great majority of the profiles you see on there are actual people looking for dates. I'm sure that'll change once it becomes more popular.
Bumble has a shit ton of not just bots, but inactive accounts from people that stopped checking it and never deleted their profile, in addition to people who just make a profile only to browse and/or receive validation with zero intention of actually responding to anyone, much less meeting someone.
So in this case "Bumble" actually stands for bumbling around.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I (32M) have been seeing (27F) for 3 months. About a day ago we had an argument about how i put in 90% of the effort into the relationship. She agreed on this point, she hasn't said if she would try and address this issue but she has gone silent for the past 24 hours. The last couple of messages I sent her were more statements than questions so she sort of didnt need to reply but 24 hours without contact is not the norm between us. Should I be the one reaching out in this situation even though she was in the wrong or should I wait for her to initiate contact again?

Sounds like she doesn't want to reply, you should let her be for now.
One thing, no matter how much you feel like you are putting all the effort in a relationship, and no matter how right you may be, nothing will make you entitled to the other person's time or attention. You can try and work it out, and there may be a lot of reasons as to why it's happening, but acting entitled to the other person's affection will have the exact opposite effect. Good luck.

Nov 17, 2017
One thing I've learned is that you can't make someone put as much effort into a relationship as you. You simply have to find someone who is willing to do that on their own because if you have to convince them, what's the point?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
My girlfriend essentially told me she doesn't really love me anymore last night. We haven't even been together for that long but damn it hurts

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend essentially told me she doesn't really love me anymore last night. We haven't even been together for that long but damn it hurts

I've been feeling this. I just got dumped after almost 3 months being with this girl. Everything seemed to be going fine. We shared so many interests and had the same views on several things. But she has a drinking problem. I thought that maybe if I just drank only a little or not at all, she'd eventually follow suit. Never happened. At first, she said she was really lucky to have me and felt like she could become a better version of herself with me. She said she could see herself growing with me. But then we took a trip to Chicago for a music festival. She took her drinking to an extreme those three days. It made me silent. It was hard seeing her doing that. I should've spoke up instead of shutting down. Besides the excessive drinking, I loved being with her. But after coming back from Chicago, she decided we're too different and she wanted to focus on herself and having fun. I guess I'm not fun to her. And suddenly she needed to grow on her own instead of with me. So it's been almost a month and I'm still devestated. We both work at the same store. She decided it'd be best to do no contact to help me heal. But it's been hard. I still see her in passing and she pretends I'm not there. It's tough going from being viewed as someone great to not existing.

I'm honestly not sure how to go about dating. It sucks finding out later that they don't really like you that much. Or aren't as commited to working through things together as you. I just dunno.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
So in this case "Bumble" actually stands for bumbling around.
Hinge may have less bots/inactive accounts... but it's still damned-near a waste of time. I can't tell you how many times a girl will match with me and send a "hi" message, and never ever respond to my reply.

Yes I reply like a normal person. :P

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Hinge may have less bots/inactive accounts... but it's still damned-near a waste of time. I can't tell you how many times a girl will match with me and send a "hi" message, and never ever respond to my reply.

Yes I reply like a normal person. :P
because she and every other girl get dozens of messages per day.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I've learned is that you can't make someone put as much effort into a relationship as you. You simply have to find someone who is willing to do that on their own because if you have to convince them, what's the point?
This is really true. My ex just wasn't that bothered about spending time with me towards the end. You don't want that person, trust me.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She actually got back to me at 9.30pm to tell me "I'm off work now!!" I just replied "I'm on my couch" to which she responded "Oh, nice!" and that was that.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
She actually got back to me at 9.30pm to tell me "I'm off work now!!" I just replied "I'm on my couch" to which she responded "Oh, nice!" and that was that.
Just drop it at the first warning sign next time. Even if they were playing the app game (and that's normal), if they're not conscientious enough to at least try to keep the conversation going, it's probably not worth the time.