1. Maybe if you spent more time looking for women who like games instead of complaining on forums, then you could be like Chronospherics too.

2. OGBombKush

OGBombKush
    Banned Member

• Permanent Ban: Continuing trolling and insulting behavior after a lengthy ban.
    A virgin?

3. mob21

mob21
    Banned Member

Does chrono get his ass eaten too? Bc if not I doubt my mans bum kush wants to be anything like him

4. The hate for Chrono is weird

5. OGBombKush

OGBombKush
    Banned Member

No it isn’t. He comes in to post his made up interactions and you guys eat it up.

6. What difference does it make to you, if they are made up? Not that you have that proof, mind you.

7. Servbot24

Servbot24

What’s so hard to believe about some girl liking the Witcher, it’s one of the most popular games ever. Like that’s not special at all.

8. mob21

mob21
    Banned Member

I mean to be fair, the man has practically admitted to preying on damaged women because they are more interesting to him lol

9. Auctopus

Auctopus

It’s well known that a girl’s favourite part of a video game is the combat system so why on earth would one be interested in The Witcher 3?

10. mob21

mob21
    Banned Member

And that all girls love sonic

11. Chronospherics

Chronospherics
    Games User Researcher at Player Research Verafied

I didn't say it was a random girl I just met. It's the girl I've been seeing over the last 4 weeks... the one that I've been playing video games with... the same one I bought Okami HD for. Her name is Amy.

Are you surprised that she likes video games? Is it utterly unbelievable?

Also, yeah it's not actually that hard to find a girl that's into gaming. My ex used to attend the gaming society at University, so I met her through that. I go to lots of video gaming events, etc, and you can meet girls there... but even on tinder, like there are plenty of girls on there that like games. On OKCupid you can filter by 'video games' and see what comes up (often nothing useful, but quite a lot if you live in a highly populated area). For what it's worth, I met Amy on tinder, she had a long bio, and listed video games as one of her interests.

Yeah I really don't get it. Fuck, my sister loves the Witcher 3 too. I suppose she isn't real either? She even owns a load of Witcher 3 merch (mostly unofficial stuff I think).

Most of my female friends like games. It's not a coincidence, people are drawn to people that they can relate to. I relate well to people that talk about games - and even if they're not quite the same type of games that I like, a lot of girls do like games, I don't know why that would surprise anyone.

12. mob21

mob21
    Banned Member

#TeamChrono

#FuckKush

#OkamiGetsYourAssEaten

13. You really do not need to explain yourself.

14. mob21

mob21
    Banned Member

• Member banned for one week: Continuing to troll the same thread after previous ban.
    What do you guys think of JSwipe? My problem is that I know everyone on there and Jewish girls don't play video games. Might be better off on farmersonly.com tbh

15. Demogorgon

Demogorgon
    Banned Member

Does anyone have any successful tips for getting out of the friend zone?

I'm really bad at this apparently

16. I honest to God googled those sites because I didn't believe you and thought you were trolling, lol.

17. gaiages

gaiages

TIL I'm not a girl cuz I like Witcher 3

Can I trade in the periods for a dick and balls plz?

18. Salamando

Salamando
    Member OP

Elaborate. Generally you avoid the friend zone by never getting into it. You express interest in a romantic relationship, and either bounce or accept it if you're rejected. You definitely should not stay around and hope she changes her mind

19. afroguy10

afroguy10
    Keeping it 100K Member

The threads been a bit crazy the past few pages.

Remember this place is for advice,sharing interesting articles and discussing what worked for you and what hasn't with regards to dating so that we can all learn, discuss and help each other.

If you don't have anything constructive to say and are just coming in to troll or stir the pot to get a reaction wind your neck in please, it's not necessary or needed.

20. afroguy10

afroguy10
    Keeping it 100K Member

You probably won't. Once you've crossed that barrier from being a potential romance to becoming a friend, chances are you're not getting out of it.

Its not impossible obviously but I wouldn't bother wasting your time and effort on it, take the hit on the chin, realise you've made a friend, move on and try with someone else.

Next time make your intentions clear earlier by asking them out on a date, the more time you waste chatting and texting etc. the greater chance you have of ending up in the "friend zone" again.

21. Ernest

Ernest

What Sal said, but yeah, tell her how you feel and what your intentions are in no ambiguous terms; that you want to DATE her and that you're interested in getting to know her ROMANTICALLY. If she reciprocates, great! If not, move on.

22. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

If you've already expressed your interest and she said she's not interested, accept it and move on.

23. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

Are any of you making new years resolutions related to dating / relationships?

I changed myself a lot for my ex, so I'm making a resolution to kind of, undo all that. If that makes sense. When I met her I used to spend quite a bit of time going out with friends, drinking, and whatnot, she didn't like alcohol (because her mother abused her while drunk when she was young), so I stopped drinking. I wanted tattoos, but she really didn't like the idea of them, so I didn't pursue the idea. I used to want to go to the gym and focus on that, but she didn't really care about how I looked, and preferred I spent the time with her, so I didn't bother.

My sister is my personal trainer at the gym now, she's really into fitness stuff, so it works pretty well. Going to resolve to keep at that, and it keeps me in touch with my sister, which is great.
    I've started saving tattoo designs I like, and I'm going to get a quote for one sometime this month - then start saving to pay for it.
    Drinking again, with my friends in Brighton was actually part of what contributed to the breakdown of the relationship with my ex and I, so I've got that one covered.

But in general I'm resolving to work towards pushing myself into the direction I wanted to be, and away from the direction that she moulded me into over that 5 year relationship. I think it's a good resolution and working out at the gym has obvious health benefits.

24. Jzeero

Jzeero

By not getting friendzoned in the first place.
    You can start by distancing yourself from her/him a bit

Nope, I'll never change for someone else. What they see is what they get.

25. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

Yeah, this. Just talk to her and don't be weird if she doesn't reciprocate because I'm sure you both want to retain the friendship.

I tend to. For me, I think compromise is a big part of a long term relationship. You both mould to each other a bit. She certainly changed for me too, she became more feminine, she engaged with my interests that she might not otherwise be interested in.

A more practical thing, but I have a bad back and my ex took massage lessons to learn how to help me with that - changing yourself in certain ways can be a really good way of showing how much you care about your partner. I don't think it's always bad, but I do think some of the ways I changed myself for her was bad, and I think that's part of what made me discontent with the relationship in the long-term.

I didn't just mean that kind of thing though. Undoing those changes was just my example. Someone might have a resolution to date more, use tinder, try something different, etc.

26. Potater

Potater

I guess no one believes I'm real because I ghost so much

27. Addie

Addie

Is there a post here? I just see a blank space on my screen.

28. Ernest

Ernest

[​IMG]

29. this thread certainly went places today lol

30. Kasey

Kasey

I'm ghosting a girl right now. I'm the "other guy" in the situation, so basically a fuck buddy and I'm sick of it. I haven't been in a relationship since Sept of last year and I'm starting to get weird about it.

Don't know if I'm asking for advice or what but I hate the ruts I get into with girls.

31. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

I don't think I could ever really ghost anyone. Like sometimes I just don't reply to one message and if the conversation dies then no big deal, but if they were actually trying to contact me I can't avoid replying. I'd feel bad, it doesn't really matter who they are or what they've done, I'd feel bad ignoring them. I'd much rather just confront the problem, personally, I know ghosting is seen as an easier way out of awkward situations but for me the idea that I just left someone without some type of closure that they might wanted is far more emotionally painful than the awkward conversation I could have with them.

32. Jzeero

Jzeero

Don't forget the awkward random boners and blue balls

33. Servbot24

Servbot24

I've never intentionally ghosted any one, but there was one girl I dated for a month or two and one day we just didn't text each other... or the next day... or ever again. No idea why actually, though obviously I wasn't terribly attached anyhow.

34. Addie

Addie

That was me earlier this year.

Have nothing bad to say about the girl, but the logistics made it difficult, and I figured we both retroactively considered it a summer fling.

Mutual ghosting is great when you're both on the same page.

35. Ernest

Ernest

I wouldn't call "mutual ghosting" ghosting - it's not like either one of you is waiting on a reply.
    (Mutual ghosting aside) I've never ghosted, nor have I ever been ghosted myself.
    Not sure what it would take for me to do so, or how I'd react if it were to happen to me.

36. Yeah, I don't think ghosting is that bad to be honest. I'll only ever result in it if a girl I'm talking to continues to cancel and rearrange dates at the last minute.

Had it happen a couple of times before and I do think

Just tell me you don't want to meet up instead of cancelling and making dates again

So at that point I'll start ghosting. I remember I was talking to a girl and we were getting along well, and she said we would go out on a date. The night before?

"Oh my cousin is coming to town and I have to see her instead sorry"

Fuck off.

37. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

The only time I've come close to ghosting anyone in the last few months was a Spanish girl. We seemed to get on well via chat and she asked me if I wanted to go out sometime. I said that sounded good and she told me she'd let me know when she was free on Monday. She didn't let me know until Thursday, and but then asked how I was. She sent a follow up message asking if I wanted to go out, and I didn't reply.

She seemed sweet. Really upbeat and happy. Just thinking about it makes me feel awful, but I'd just started dating that Amy girl. Amy saw one of the messages on my phone when she was in my room and made a comment 'another girl?', and I just deleted the contact.

38. Always very awkward, lol. Least she didn't take it to heart though.

39. Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

+1

If you want to date her, ask her out. It might hurt if you end up being rejected, but rejection hurts temporarily, regret hurts for a lot longer. Ask her out, and if she isn’t interested, don’t waste any more time on a girl who doesn’t like you back.

Watch this if you’d like: https://www.facebook.com/contentodays/videos/405830456463365/

40. Widdle Puppy

Widdle Puppy

$500 gift for someone you have been seeing for three months seems marginally excessive to me but I think it depends what it is and the story behind the gift. It could be totally fine in many cases. I think money well spent is taking a girl on a vacation and traveling somewhere interesting for a long weekend together. Depending on the place it may get pricey but something about it just works and you can make memories traveling together. It's also good for long distance too.

41. Have you ever taken a girl away for a long romantic weekend Puppy? Where would you suggest?

42. Might have asked this months ago but if I’m 6’0 am I a victim of heightism or am I blessed

43. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

A couple of the girls I went out a few weeks ago actually asked my height before we dated because they said they wouldn't go out with someone shorter than them.

So presuming you're male, you're blessed.

I have a friend who's like 5'4 or something like that, and he actually gets quite upset that he's too short for most girls.

44. Faust

Faust

*shrug* Can't even imagine spending that much on someone I barely know but if you want to that's fine but then demanding them back is super tacky. You can make any decision you want but if you decide to spend that much then you have to understand it was your decision regardless of what happens afterwards. Also, I don't lump dinners in with $500 of straight gifts so I wouldn't categorize what you shared as being the same. At least with dinners it's something you did together and it's not all in one go, now if you spent $500 on a single dinner that's clearly different but $500 in dinners over a couple months is on the higher end but not crazy depending on where you go.

Because of all the social stigma surrounding men who above average in height... What...

45. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

Bear in mind that it wasn't me with the issue. I was just offering my perspective. I know things like dinners, experiences etc are different. I wouldn't buy outright gifts for a girl like he did. Even if you have a lot of money, you get much more value out of it by spending your money on things that grant you access to shared experiences. Giving material gifts doesn't do much to bring most people closer together.

And you're right, I'd never ask for it back.

46. makonero

makonero

I am 6 foot even myself, and had a girl tell me I was too short for her. She was 5'9" and said that in heels she might be taller.

So you never know.

47. Potater

Potater

Yeah I’ll still take that over periods thank you

48. Chronospherics

Chronospherics

The girl I'm seeing is the same height as me in heels. It's fine, but she mentioned that she'll wear shorter shoes when she's with me, because she likes to feel smaller.

In general, it is a good feeling when she's a little smaller. When she's wearing flats she rests on my shoulder, it's cute, and just generally feels better, than when we're the same height...

I'm 6'0 or just under (above 5'11).

49. It's OK as long as you are not too thin.

50. Mr.Beep

Mr.Beep

Generally, I think if you are in a good hugging / cuddle height ratio with the girl, you are golden.