• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No.

This has been rehashed, and I'll summon gaiages if needed, but: she doesn't know how you'll react. You may send a text that says, "Thanks for being up front. Good luck!" Someone else may relentlessly stalk and harass her or otherwise make her life a living hell.

No one owes you anything after a date or two with a pseudorandom person from the internet. Nor do you owe them anything either.

If someone wanted to harrase and stalk her then how does ghosting really help? lol person like that would still stalk and harrase her. I know exactly where she works, lives, which train she takes. Hell we even had 1 fb in common.

While I agree that you dont owe each other anything but its just rude to leave things unfinished like this. I mean we talked a lot even on personal level. It wasn't just casual hello hi and meet up. Oh well, it is what it is. Honestly I feel less bad now because it shows what type of person you are.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
If you had to roll the dice and every other (or third time or 4th) time you said no to someone, you were barraged with 15 messages shitting on you as person. I would stop rolling the dice. look at my already shitty Yahtzee score and say "naw im good here"

And if you feel you cant just leave it after being ghosted. Break up with yourself.
"hey, havent messaged in awhile, looks like things didnt work out, good luck on your dating, hope you find someone cool"
pour one out for those 2 dates and couple hundred messages and move the fuck on.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If someone wanted to harrase and stalk her then how does ghosting really help? lol person like that would still stalk and harrase her. I know exactly where she works, lives, which train she takes. Hell we even had 1 fb in common.

While I agree that you dont owe each other anything but its just rude to leave things unfinished like this. I mean we talked a lot even on personal level. It wasn't just casual hello hi and meet up. Oh well, it is what it is. Honestly I feel less bad now because it shows what type of person you are.

The reality of the situation is a lot of people say they would like a "sorry not interested" text but they wouldnt leave it as is. Once they get that physical text that they've been rejected they dont handle it well. So women don't wanna bother. If its ignore him and hope he get the message or flat out tell him he isn't in the running and get a wild reaponse back I think it's pretty obvious which people are gonna take.

In an ideal world yeah you wouldnt have to ghost but its not an ideal world.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you but I didn't feel any connection and don't want to continue with more dates. Best of luck though!!"
"Well you're a fucking bitch anyway. You aren't even good looking any how cunt"

^^Yah, that is how it often goes. Why the fuck would you subject yourself to that?

Last edited:

JetMan07

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I started talking to this girl on Plenty of Fish Monday and yesterday I got her number so we could set up a date. I texted her that I'm free this weekend and she replied back that she has to work 3-8 Sunday but that we could hang out before or after if that works for me. I replied back yeah that works and asked if she wanted to get lunch before she had to head to work.

So far no response back. I've seen that she's been on the POF app so I'm starting to think maybe she's actually not interested. I don't want to message her on the app too since I have her number. I guess I should just wait a little longer to see if she replies back. Also does anyone else use POF here? That seems to work better for me than either Tinder or OKCupid.

Last edited:

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The reality of the situation is a lot of people say they would like a "sorry not interested" text but they wouldnt leave it as is. Once they get that physical text that they've been rejected they dont handle it well. So women don't wanna bother. If its ignore him and hope he get the message or flat out tell him he isn't in the running and get a wild reaponse back I think it's pretty obvious which people are gonna take.

In an ideal world yeah you wouldnt have to ghost but its not an ideal world.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you but I didn't feel any connection and don't want to continue with more dates. Best of luck though!!"
"Well you're a fucking bitch anyway. You aren't even good looking any how cunt"

^^Yah, that is how it often goes. Why the fuck would you subject yourself to that?

lol makes sense.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

We've had people in this very thread (well going back to Gaf anyway) legit freak the fuck out on girls over shit that is so irrelevant its like "dude what the fuck is your problem?"

You can't assume that everyone would take shit as well as you would on these apps. For example I had a date cancel on me on the day of date and this is after she bailed on our first set up. I just unmated her when she bailed the second time.

I had friends legit saying I should have called her on it. Give her a piece of my mind. I was like "bros, she doesn't need a fucking lecture, just move on, it's whatever". You're not entitled a date. Common courtesy is nice but its dating, its not a necessity.

Like you gotta actually realize that a lot of guys (girls too but I mean more so guys) dont take this shit well. It really is not personal so you shouldnt take it as such.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ghosting is a common and normal part of modern dating and you'll be better accepting that than painting them as a bad person just to feel better about being a little hurt by it

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
You'd be surprised. There's plenty of jerkasses out there who'd make it hard. Their ego can't handle any rejection, so that simple "I'm not feeling it" gets met with vitriol, poison, and negative energy. It's not a slight on you - you're paying for the sins of other men.

No.

This has been rehashed, and I'll summon gaiages if needed, but: she doesn't know how you'll react. You may send a text that says, "Thanks for being up front. Good luck!" Someone else may relentlessly stalk and harass her or otherwise make her life a living hell.

No one owes you anything after a date or two with a pseudorandom person from the internet. Nor do you owe them anything either.

Yeah, you guys got a point if you look at it from that perspective.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Less chance of a blowback if you're not confrontational about it. 'Sorry, not interested' is enough to make some guys angry/riled up. A lack of communication is less threatening in that sense.

And really, there is nothing unfinished about ghosting. It says everything that needs to be said about where things are good. She is not interested, end of story. Everything else is inconsequential. The sooner you learn to take the hint and to not take it to heart, the better off you will be.

I mean, it'd be cool if women could simply express their disinterest and guys would take it in stride and everyone would move on and be happy, but unfortunately the many bad apples have ruined it for the rest of us.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth

It was one date. She doesn't owe you anything

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys have any tips to improve my day to day texting. Had 2 girls tell me they thought I lost interest and that our date wasn't going to happen because of my lack of texts. Trying to fix that situation now.

Is it as simple as asking how their that is going or something? I always think as something that is kinda, I don't know, eh.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Hey everyone

Need a little perspective on my situation and some advice if anyone has had this before.

So I'll start with some bullet points

• Right swiped on New Years Eve
  • Talked on Tinder on New Years Day
  • Got her number by the 2nd day
  • Snapchat and text exchanges through the month
  • She was sick when we first started talking, couldn't hang
  • I got sick the following week so I couldn't hang
  • Now we're both feeling better (17th day), tried to set up date
So we made plans for tonight, she was feeling better, I'm feeling better. Set up the plans, gonna be a nice brewery in town with craft beer and pizza. We're all set right?

So I send her the info last night and ask her if she'd want to meet or have me pick her up (she doesn't live too far from me, which is nice) and I heard nothing and I'm like alright, she probably went to bed. I got a text from her this morning that she overslept and kept hitting her snooze button and now all the stuff she was going to get done in the morning she has to do after work SO...she wants to reschedule.

Now the issue here is we're both gonna be busy this weekend (it's my birthday Saturday, I'm going to hockey game with my family, she has to work her 2nd job) I opened up the possibility of Thursday but that's one of my best friends birthdays and he might want to get together but if she's available I'll probably tell him I owe him one and go out with her.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is...is it too little too late? Did we hold off the meet so long that we're gonna burn out? We've waited so long, I feel like I blew it. I mean I believe her rescheduling but she would make time for me if she wanted to, right?

I like her personality, she's cute, we were vibing through most of the conversations but we haven't met face to face and it's irking me but at the same time I get it. Dating takes time and commitment and sometimes busy people just can't get that to pan out right away.

Sorry for the mini novel, wanted to vent.

I'll let you know what ends up going down.

Her schedule is busy. If it was me, I'm not sure I would go out of my way for her.

Did she offer another day? Is she making an effort to see you for bailing on the date?

Me? I would move to the next, and put her on the back burner.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Do you guys have any tips to improve my day to day texting. Had 2 girls tell me they thought I lost interest and that our date wasn't going to happen because of my lack of texts. Trying to fix that situation now.

Is it as simple as asking how their that is going or something? I always think as something that is kinda, I don't know, eh.

I wouldn't change who you are, and continue to set dates. If they reach out before the next date, then respond. There's no need for you to initiate boring texts like, "how's your day?"

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't change who you are, and continue to set dates. If they reach out before the next date, then respond. There's no need for you to initiate boring texts like, "how's your day?"

Well according to them there is a need to initiate a conversation. It's a fine line apparently

Still the last text I sent was yesterday evening so it wasn't that long ago either.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can ask how their day was, or you can report on something interesting or funny or dumb (whatever you feel like, really). Like, "I saw a really long daschund today but actually it turns out there were two of them".

Obviously, avoid extremes. The problem many people have with texting is the opposite of yours, texting too much. A sporadic occasional text is fine, but don't overdo it. Texting before the first date should be first and foremost about setting (and confirming) the date, with some added light (LIGHT) banter if you want.

Well according to them there is a need to initiate a conversation. It's a fine line apparently

Still the last text I sent was yesterday evening so it wasn't that long ago either.
That being said, if there a "need to initiate a conversation", the onus is not all on you and nothing is stopping them from doing so. So, more than anything, be yourself and be comfortable with what you're doing.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Eh, I may respond every few hours up to one a day. Depends on if I feel like it. If they want communication they can initiate too. You don't have to do more than you deem necessary. If they want to keep your interest then they can neet you in person lol.

Nov 17, 2017

I wouldn't really send a bland "how was your day?" type text. Usually if I text a girl, it's because I have something to say, like setting up a date. Of course, we're talking about texting between the dates when they have already been set up. Well, usually I'll send them something I saw that reminded me of them or that I thought was funny. If I know they're up to something specifically that day because we had talked about it, I'll ask them about that thing instead of a broad "how was your day."

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
The key, really, is to talk as much as you want; err on the side of less if you're indifferent; and understand that mismatches in communication preferences — she wants to text more, but you don't — are possible hurdles or even dealbreakers.

Do what you want. Do what feels right. Personally, if I'm vibing with someone, I'm throwing down gifs and links to articles. If I'm not? Socially aware people who've dated understand that the default option is light banter to establish that neither party is facially creepy — cue NOT sending dick pics — followed by arranging logistics, then confirmation, then "the metro's running late, I'll be there in 5."

You really cannot go wrong with that, but you can be "more right," depending on variables that are a crapshoot.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Think I need to slow down a bit since I'm pretty much seeing four girls at the same time lol

Nov 17, 2017
Think I need to slow down a bit since I'm pretty much seeing four girls at the same time lol
That reminds me of my friend. He's always saying how he's overwhelmed by dating/hooking up with too many girls at once so he'll start breaking it off with them/ghosting them to lower the amount of girls he's seeing at once. Of course they quickly get replaced and the number remains the same haha

The other day he was saying that he ended things with one girl and was relieved but then he was on Tinder a few moments later messaging girls.

Oct 28, 2017

There's no harm in checking in on someone once you have her number. A lot of women on Tinder are looking for someone they can talk about their days with, or someone who will showcase that they care for them. Imagine having a crummy day at work, and someone you matched on Tinder with asks, "Hey, how's it going?" It can make a world of difference, I've found.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I kind of feel like hitting the fast lane this year. Got to start going on more dates.

What'd you all recommend? I've done OKCupid which has worked okay for me in terms of getting dates, but I often feel it's a slower paced site. Not quite up to "eHarmony" levels yet (that's for my early 30s when i'm in a rush to settle...), but is Tinder worth it for a verbose guy who knows nothing of the art of flirting? Bumble's gotten me shit-all, none of the girls on there are my type (all seem very proper, or basic)

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Went on a group date extremely randomly with my best friend. One girl I had met before, knew her previous boyfriend (that she did not seem to be too worried about when she was dating him lol) so I did not have too high an opinion of her. She was the type who would show up to a party and flirt / sometimes go off with other dudes to a second bar or something knowing full well their intentions. But finally got to talk to her a bit just casually (she was there for my friend not me) and wow... she was actually super damn cool and interesting to talk to who knew, here I was thinking shes probably a bit trashy.

Her friend though, oh man I'd love to meet her again. One of those says w/e pops into their head type people but gave everyone endless entertainment. Super cute too. They said they wanted to go out with us again for drinks and what not sometime so could be fun again.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So I sent her a text this morning about rescheduling, it is now a little past 11 PM and I've got nothing from her. No contact, no snap, nothing.

Damn, I guess I see where I am on her priorities list.

No more texts or snaps, I'll let her respond.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
So I sent her a text this morning about rescheduling, it is now a little past 11 PM and I've got nothing from her. No contact, no snap, nothing.

Meh, these things can happen at surprising times. Could just be busy, could be entertaining another, higher-priority prospect. She may well come back or not.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Update from a couple of pages ago:

So I texted her about going out this Saturday for drinks and she said she starts grad school this weekend. I asked her when is she free then and she told me she'd get back to me after finding out how much homework she has.

I should give her the benefit of the doubt but my skeptic mind is whatever about it. Best thing would to start setting up something with someone else. That way I don't linger on this one chick. I need to get on tinder or something, just been lazy about it tbh.

I've never done a brewery date, but I have done bars. But then again the bars I've been to have had games and such too, so that wasn't a factor for me (only ever ended up doing that kind of thing on one bar date anyways).

I suggest meeting there instead of sharing an uber there, because I wouldn't want my first interaction on a first date to involve a stranger driving a car. It just seems a little awkward and less intimate to me. You already know this person so it might be different, but it seems like adding extra pressure to that first interaction to me regardless. This is just me obviously - if you think everything would be cool in that situation then I guess go for it. It seems like an extra unnecessary thing to potentially deal with though.

The last few times I have suggested to meet at some gathering spot like a square nearby and walk to the place together. That way you have a little bit time to get past the initial conversational hitches before getting there.
Thanks for the advice guys.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth

I wouldn't have bothered sending another text about rescheduling. The onus was on her

Even if she does come around, is this someone you want to spend your time with?

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Update from a couple of pages ago:

So I texted her about going out this Saturday for drinks and she said she starts grad school this weekend. I asked her when is she free then and she told me she'd get back to me after finding out how much homework she has.

I should give her the benefit of the doubt but my skeptic mind is whatever about it. Best thing would to start setting up something with someone else. That way I don't linger on this one chick. I need to get on tinder or something, just been lazy about it tbh.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Don't bother calling or texting. She said she will let you know.

Hop on dating apps if you're into it

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As been said, don't get overinvested with one girl or heck, any number of girls. I ask for a date in the first few messages and go from there. If they say they'll get back to me, that's it, the onus is on them and unless they come back with a time, I'm moving on to the next.

And yep I've been ghosted and I've ghosted. It comes heavily with internet dating and remember whether it's a message or a few dates they owe you zero, niltch, nothing. The plus size is you owe them nothing.

Biochet

Oct 28, 2017
Spoke to this girl on tinder and she asked me to come over that same day. We had fun for a few hours and as I was getting dressed ready to leave she asked me if i wanted to stay for a while. We end up cuddling and talking about some real deep personal stuff. We didn't text after that night and I didn't want to text her because I knew this was just sex but I went ahead because I didn't want to keep thinking what if.

She didn't reply back which was fine because I expected it. This all happened a couple of weeks ago, what sucks is that ever since that night I can't get her off my mind. I met different girls and have plans to meet a girl later tonight but everything just feels...blah. I want to text her again but I know it'll probably end with the same outcome. Feelings suck.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today I had my first date since my breakup. It honestly felt like a waste of everyone's time.

She had today off work, so we set up a coffee date. I get a text earlier in the day saying she needed to push it back again - she had something earlier that she had to wrap up. She'd let me know when she was home from that (the place we picked was next to where she lived, so I should have asked her to let me know when she was on her WAY home instead of THERE, since I was coming from farther away, but hey, I goofed). At about 2:30 (which is when we had set to meet, well the second time - she had already pushed it back from 2), she texts me saying she's home so I let he know I'm heading to the coffee shop, and that it will take me about 20 minutes to half an hour. She says that's okay, but she's also got plans at 4 so it will have to be short. I'm already thinking "okay, this will be pretty quick but hey we can at least see if there's a spark."

I get there at about 3:10 cause of schools getting out and extra traffic and we get coffee. There's only one person working at this coffee shop so that takes a good 10 or so minutes. I'm trying to find out more about her, but she only talks about how she's been working on her second job all day (photography) and the 4 pm thing is a shoot. So I continue the conversation while she's texting on her phone to the people she's going to do the shoot with. She apologizes for it and for the shortened date and I say it's okay. We talk some more and she tells me that she books out every day so that she's always meeting someone for something (usually her second job) or she's working on one of her jobs, even on her "days off." I ask her what she does for fun and she just flatly says "photography is fun." I roll with it and we talk a bit more and I try go back around to hobbies or something to find common interest and ask what she does besides her two jobs and she says nothing other than going to raves. That's it. Nothing else. And since she feels she must book out every day she frequently double books something and doesn't plan as well as she'd like.

At this point we've gotten our coffee (to go) and we're walking I'm-not-sure-where and she just keeps talking about her work. No questions for me, seemingly not interested in anything other than 1) getting to her 4 PM because she wants to get sunlight photos and the client wants those and she wants repeat business, 2) how she's been running around all day (but she runs around every day, and she makes it this way on purpose, so I dunno what to say to that) and 3) she's really sorry that she doesn't have more time today. Or this weekend. It's her best friend's birthday and she's not even going to make it to that. At this point I feel like an audience member watching a one-woman-show.

Our walk ends up at her car, of course. She apologizes again but says it was nice to meet me. I assume she means in a visual sense, since the only possible info she could have gotten about me as a person is where I work and that I've lived in a few states. I had to volunteer that info, cause I certainly wasn't asked anything at any point. It's 3:45 and she says she'll text me and she hops in her car. I'm walking back to my car and thinking "why? you don't have any time to date." Why was she on a dating app at all? From what she said of herself it doesn't seem like she has room in her life for anything at the moment. I was just utterly perplexed as to why she wanted to meet at all. Even if we had an hour or so to talk, would it have had a better result? How often would she want to hang out if she did end up dating somebody for a while? She said she couldn't sit still and she had to be working constantly or it drove her nuts. As far as I can tell I was just a pit stop and someone to vent at that she is always really busy, even though its self-inflicted. She didn't seem like she was a bad person or anything - I'm just not sure why she's pretending that dating is something she wants to do right now. Her priorities are obviously elsewhere.

Throughout the date she barely made eye contact, frequently looked at her phone, kept apologizing for the time, and only ever smiled once. And I was really trying to see if I could do anything to try and lighten things up. As far as first impressions go, this was pretty awful.

TL;DR - My first date since my breakup was with a workaholic who doesn't do anything outside of work besides go to raves and has no interests or hobbies outside of work.

Last edited:

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spoke to this girl on tinder and she asked me to come over that same day. We had fun for a few hours and as I was getting dressed ready to leave she asked me if i wanted to stay for a while. We end up cuddling and talking about some real deep personal stuff. We didn't text after that night and I didn't want to text her because I knew this was just sex but I went ahead because I didn't want to keep thinking what if.

She didn't reply back which was fine because I expected it. This all happened a couple of weeks ago, what sucks is that ever since that night I can't get her off my mind. I met different girls and have plans to meet a girl later tonight but everything just feels...blah. I want to text her again but I know it'll probably end with the same outcome. Feelings suck.
You got not nothing to lose man. Just shoot a text asking how she's doing, if you don't get a reply you'll have your final answer. She might've missed your first text, or if she didn't she might have changed her mind