• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
If someone gives you their snapchat name, and you send a message but it says pending. I know that means they haven't added me, but have they gotten any kind of notification that I messaged them?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
as we all know, if you want to be somebody's lover, you need to get with their friends. but if their friends don't dance, they ain't no friends of yours. so everybody should learn to dance, so we can get lovers. qed.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good weekend with my girlfriend.. (you may remember I took her to the mall after she asked to go on a date the other weekend and she wasn't too happy.) This time I made lunch and we went on a hike, she seemed to really appreciate that little bit of effort.
This is now my longest relationship ever (1 year 3 mos) and I'm beginning to realize maintaining a relationship can be just as difficult as navigating all the bullshit at the start. It feels like things have simmered down a little big from my point of view, but hopefully it's just the normal coming out of the honeymoon phase. Though tbh I met a cute girl at a party on Saturday night, and have been thinking about her more than I should've.. Guess it's normal to get crushes sometimes though.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, if things continue to go well with my new girlfriend I'm going to ask her if she wants to take a dance class with me. I've always wanted to learn to dance but have never had anyone to learn with. Could be a fun weekly activity too.

That's my thought but I don't have anyone to go with and don't want to sign up on my own

Oct 27, 2017
Got back on Tinder recently. First match I had, conversation started out normally enough. We had a good conversation going...then she asked for 50 bucks for a cam show, and "maybe" we meet up later lol.

Obviously I wasn't going to fall for this. I told her I wasn't interested. She really tried hard to talk me into it though. She finally stopped messaging me. This happen to anyone else?

Oct 25, 2017
China
Got back on Tinder recently. First match I had, conversation started out normally enough. We had a good conversation going...then she asked for 50 bucks for a cam show, and "maybe" we meet up later lol.

Obviously I wasn't going to fall for this. I told her I wasn't interested. She really tried hard to talk me into it though. She finally stopped messaging me. This happen to anyone else?
Common scam, along with "Follow me on my instagram, I don't chat much on this app".

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

It was probably a bot and not actually a real person.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
So, here's the thing. The girl you're seeing is fully capable of rejecting your advances if you were ever to actually make one. If you try to kiss her (and you really REALLY should by now), and she's not into it (after this many dates, she will be) - she will politely decline in some way, probably non-verbally. I get this impression that you're so concerned you'll offend her by making a move that you are causing more harm than good.
yeah, pretty accurate. I've been out of the game for a long long time and we have a lot of chemistry but I just get really self conscious. i remind myself that we are both christian so there is some deprogramming that has to happen at least in my head to really initiate. but we're seeing each other again on saturday and I will full on punch myself in the face if I don't move forward with her then. she has still been enthusiastic about everything so that is encouraging

Scotch

Oct 28, 2017
Also uh apparently I may have inadvertently shadowbanned myself from Tinder? I temporarily moved to another city recently and figured I clean up my old stale account and start a new one as usual, but apparently that's a bad idea now. So uh is there a sensible workaround for that which isn't stupidly complicated lol.

Not that I'm in a rush to use the app again of course.
How can you tell you've been shadowbanned?

I kinda want to restart my account. I've had some good success on Tinder earlier in the year when I just joined, but the last few weeks it's been pitiful. Fewer matches, fewer responses, conversations fizzling out. Is this just one of those seasonal things? It's not doing my confidence much good.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can you tell you've been shadowbanned?

I kinda want to restart my account. I've had some good success on Tinder earlier in the year when I just joined, but the last few weeks it's been pitiful. Fewer matches, fewer responses, conversations fizzling out. Is this just one of those seasonal things? It's not doing my confidence much good.
I typically receive a pretty good new account boost of a dozen matches when I used to restart. That hasn't happened — in fact the queue is still at zero right now after a week. Tried resetting again then but nope, still hasn't changed.

Serves me right for trying to game the algorithm I suppose.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
I typically receive a pretty good new account boost of a dozen matches when I used to restart. That hasn't happened — in fact the queue is still at zero right now after a week. Tried resetting again then but nope, still hasn't changed.

Man that used to be the only way to reliably get any good profiles to show up/be shown to. Why make it harder for everyone?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I've got a friend who bounces around all the apps and now he's telling me to try Hinge. Suddenly I feel like more and more people are talking about Hinge. Did it spike in popularity recently or is this just anecdotal?

Scotch

Oct 28, 2017

Man, that is shitty. Maybe if you create a new throwaway Facebook account and register with that?

I'm pretty annoyed with Tinder. It feels like the algorithm is showing my profile to fewer and fewer women as times go by, just so they can sell more boosts. Really takes the fun out of swiping. Unfortunately Tinder is still the most popular app by far where I'm at.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a friend who bounces around all the apps and now he's telling me to try Hinge. Suddenly I feel like more and more people are talking about Hinge. Did it spike in popularity recently or is this just anecdotal?

It's definitely the new hotness. Haven't tried it myself but it's getting good feedback both here and in the discord. Give it a go.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, that is shitty. Maybe if you create a new throwaway Facebook account and register with that?
Apparently, after some light researching, you have to also get a new phone number altogether as well.

Honestly, even if it were just making a new FB account, I'm not really willing to go through that much effort for a dating app

Morgan

Mar 27, 2019
United States
Once I met a girl from Venezuela she did break with her old bf (she said) we did talk a lot, like every day I was dating someone and the things were horrible (we had a toxic relationship) she was so jealous for everything with everybody. That random girl and me started talking A LOT I fell in love for this girl and after breaking my other relationship (I couldn't handle the vibe between us) and started dating this girl, months and months passed and we were good, so, crap happened and I figured out that the guy with she said she broke up months ago was in Canada and they didn't break up the relationship so I confront her with the facts, she made a huge drama and she tried to be the victim, didn't work with me. I had to break up with this girl because she betrayed me and when someone betrays my trust I never trust again.

I've been alone for years now, and I have to tell you guys this: Karma is a bitch. I won't commit that mistake again.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Once I met a girl from Venezuela she did break with her old bf (she said) we did talk a lot, like every day I was dating someone and the things were horrible (we had a toxic relationship) she was so jealous for everything with everybody. That random girl and me started talking A LOT I fell in love for this girl and after breaking my other relationship (I couldn't handle the vibe between us) and started dating this girl, months and months passed and we were good, so, crap happened and I figured out that the guy with she said she broke up months ago was in Canada and they didn't break up the relationship so I confront her with the facts, she made a huge drama and she tried to be the victim, didn't work with me. I had to break up with this girl because she betrayed me and when someone betrays my trust I never trust again.

I've been alone for years now, and I have to tell you guys this: Karma is a bitch. I won't commit that mistake again.
Get back out there dating, you're only hurting yourself with the "never trust anybody" attitude. You read the signs, you were right so you'll see them faster next time.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about this, but a few months ago I put myself on the waiting list for The League because I got baited in by a stupid Insta add. Well today I got an invitation in, so we will see how this goes. It is STUPIDLY expensive to go premium, so I am not planning on paying anything for this. I already matched with a really attractive girl in my first batch of girls they gave me... should be interesting.
Almost all of my dates in the past year have been on Hinge. It is great and I even ended up seeing one of the girls for about three months. I like how you have to pick specific parts of a girl's profile to comment back to them about and I also get to see what girls like about my profile. It is funny seeing what pictures/written bits they tend to respond to.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
It's definitely the new hotness. Haven't tried it myself but it's getting good feedback both here and in the discord. Give it a go.
It's been on the rise for a couple of months at least, give it a try before it gets over subscribed.
Hinge was great, but I feel it's broken nowadays.

You're also now limited to 5 likes a day IIRC.
I forgot about this, but a few months ago I put myself on the waiting list for The League because I got baited in by a stupid Insta add. Well today I got an invitation in, so we will see how this goes. It is STUPIDLY expensive to go premium, so I am not planning on paying anything for this. I already matched with a really attractive girl in my first batch of girls they gave me... should be interesting.

Almost all of my dates in the past year have been on Hinge. It is great and I even ended up seeing one of the girls for about three months. I like how you have to pick specific parts of a girl's profile to comment back to them about and I also get to see what girls like about my profile. It is funny seeing what pictures/written bits they tend to respond to.
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like it's worth a shot.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

The League has been a pain to get into and I'm sick of it. Even my roommate has moved on. I'm going to try Hinge next.

Nov 17, 2017
So I guess the League is some exclusive dating app or something? Sounds a little... um, pretentious? Elitist? A waitlist seems like overboard.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
The League has been a pain to get into and I'm sick of it. Even my roommate has moved on. I'm going to try Hinge next.
I forgot about it until I got a notification on my phone, I definitely
So I guess the League is some exclusive dating app or something? Sounds a little... um, pretentious? Elitist? A waitlist seems like overboard.
Yeah, it definitely is a bit elitist. You can skip the waitlist by paying for a membership, but it was like $25+/month so I wasn't fucking with that. I was just a bit curious tbh, if it works cool, if not, I'm not any worse off.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Thanks fellas. I was down about it for a little bit but I'm over it, it was only one date. The journey continues I guess!

I was just wondering if there were any signs I missed or something but I suppose that's just the way it goes sometimes. Oh well! Was still a good experience to get out on an actual first date for the first time rather than just meeting someone through school or a mutual friend.

The more you date and otherwise interact in that general realm with the kinds of people you find attractive, the better you'll learn to read signals and body language and all that. And one of the best things you can learn to do is value what you're putting out there. If someone isn't interested in it, think of it less as a rejection, and more as simply learning a useful thing - this isn't the person for you. It's okay, because there's always more people, and some of them are bound to be the right people.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I need y'all to lay in on this one and tell me if I'm normal for feeling this way.

I ran into someone from high school, or more so, they kind of went out of their way to reconnect with me. Whatever, cool. Already the first conversation we have through text and the language used makes it so blatantly obvious she wants this to be more than a friendship. Hasn't even been 10 hours since we exchanged information. Next day we essentially text each other the whole day. Same language but I felt fine with it. We apparently have a lot in common.

Next day I told her I was working on something in a gallery and that she should come visit while I work. Conversation was briefly fine and then took a weird turn about when she started talking about sex. Starts talking about all of the dudes she has had sex with, saying how "submissive" she is, how funky she gets in bed as if hearing all of this would woo me over and I'm just putting on a smile and nodding my head and thinking to myself "why the fuck are you telling me this". Haven't spoken in six years (and even then we weren't that close prior), have only reconnected in the past 48 hours and she goes full horny on me. Shit already felt enough out of the blue as it is and then she cranks it up to 100.

Essentially, I'm uncomfortable with this. I like her enough and want to be friends at the moment but this all feels rushed. I've made some flirtatious signals in return to her advances I admit, but whereas mine are shooting silent arrows into night, hers are fucking hydrogen bombs being launched into my face. I haven't been in the game for a while but I've never come across someone who feels this desperate.

I swears if y'all were there to hear what I heard, you'd find it weird.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I need y'all to lay in on this one and tell me if I'm normal for feeling this way.

I ran into someone from high school, or more so, they kind of went out of their way to reconnect with me. Whatever, cool. Already the first conversation we have through text and the language used makes it so blatantly obvious she wants this to be more than a friendship. Hasn't even been 10 hours since we exchanged information. Next day we essentially text each other the whole day. Same language but I felt fine with it. We apparently have a lot in common.

Next day I told her I was working on something in a gallery and that she should come visit while I work. Conversation was briefly fine and then took a weird turn about when she started talking about sex. Starts talking about all of the dudes she has had sex with, saying how "submissive" she is, how funky she gets in bed as if hearing all of this would woo me over and I'm just putting on a smile and nodding my head and thinking to myself "why the fuck are you telling me this". Haven't spoken in six years (and even then we weren't that close prior), have only reconnected in the past 48 hours and she goes full horny on me. Shit already felt enough out of the blue as it is and then she cranks it up to 100.

Essentially, I'm uncomfortable with this. I like her enough and want to be friends at the moment but this all feels rushed. I've made some flirtatious signals in return to her advances I admit, but whereas mine are shooting silent arrows into night, hers are fucking hydrogen bombs being launched into my face. I haven't been in the game for a while but I've never come across someone who feels this desperate.

If you're not feeling it don't force it. Just let her know, don't even need to be direct, she'll probably take the queue and stop it.

Oct 25, 2017
China

If you don't want to smash just put her on block and carry on with your life. She obviously does not want to be friends. No loss she'll move onto the next guy.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
So.... a woman liked and messaged me on OKC while I was at work a few hours ago. Her profile didn't really say much except that she was looking for love (long term relationship), no hookups, etc., the usual stuff. I actually didn't feel intimidated the way I normally do when an attractive woman likes me. I was going to message her, but because of the sparse profile, I couldn't find an opening. So I looked at her pictures to see if there was something I could use. That's when I noticed in one of her pictures she was wearing a military uniform with her last name on it. That led me to thinking maybe her OKC name was her first name and I could use it to find her on Facebook.

Sure enough, I was able to find her on Facebook, curiosity got the better of me, and I went through her posts. I found one saying she got married (blah-blah is with blah-blah) about 6 years ago. I went through most of her posts and there's only one picture of her and the husband in any of her posts. I also looked at his Facebook and there aren't any pictures of her at all. I know this could mean they got divorced, but the most recent post (last month) on the husband's Facebook is a dog and she has a post (from January) showing a picture of the same dog.

Is joint custody of pets a thing?

Should I just bail out?

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So.... a woman liked and messaged me on OKC while I was at work a few hours ago. Her profile didn't really say much except that she was looking for love (long term relationship), no hookups, etc., the usual stuff. I actually didn't feel intimidated the way I normally do when an attractive woman likes me. I was going to message her, but because of the sparse profile, I couldn't find an opening. So I looked at her pictures to see if there was something I could use. That's when I noticed in one of her pictures she was wearing a military uniform with her last name on it. That led me to thinking maybe her OKC name was her first name and I could use it to find her on Facebook.

Sure enough, I was able to find her on Facebook, curiosity got the better of me, and I went through her posts. I found one saying she got married (blah-blah is with blah-blah) about 6 years ago. I went through most of her posts and there's only one picture of her and the husband in any of her posts. I also looked at his Facebook and there aren't any pictures of her at all. I know this could mean they got divorced, but the most recent post (last month) on the husband's Facebook is a dog and she has a post (from January) showing a picture of the same dog.

Should I just bail out?

lmao thats some detective work

dude there is only one way to be sure just msg her and go out, why you looking for an excuse to bail out even before you haven't even met her

Oct 25, 2017
China

Should I just bail out?

If in doubt, bail out.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Do you guys ever cut dates short?
Went out with someone for the first time and we were supposed to eat. I pick her up at home and she's on a dress with no wallet on sight, already a red flag and spends the whole drive on Instagram kinda ignoring me while I try to make conversation. After we arrive, she kinda flirts with the waiter and comments she'd love to have him where she works.
So she orders premium beer and we talk a little while she mostly stays on her phone and I drop her home.
My question is, would you guys cut it short? My friends actually recommended I immediately leave after she flirted with the waiter.
You should have left at " no wallet on sight"

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Weird question, but absolutely serious.

My girlfriend and I dated another girl for a year. Everything went well and we were an actual 3 couple(?). Then things a little bit more serious and she had to tell her parents that she was dating a couple. After that things went really really sour.

Her parents of course did not approve and she was fine with it immediately but after a while it was clear she could carry on any longer. We broke up pacifically and carried on with our lives.

Now some moths later me and my girlfriend find each other in the situation where we want to start seriously dating a third party again, we are in love and fine together, but we wish to try both for excitement and curiosity.

It's easy to find a one night stand for threesomes, but it seems impossible to seriously date somebody without sheer luck.

Does anybody now about clubs or apps that can help? I live in the UK and no, swingers clubs I don't think will help

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
China
Weird question, but absolutely serious.

My girlfriend and I dated another girl for a year. Everything went well and we were an actual 3 couple(?). Then things a little bit more serious and she had to tell her parents that she was dating a couple. After that things went really really sour.

Her parents of course did not approve and she was fine with it immediately but after a while it was clear she could carry on any longer. We broke up pacifically and carried on with our lives.

Now some moths later me and my girlfriend find each other in the situation where we want to start seriously dating a third party again, we are in love and fine together, but we wish to try both for excitement and curiosity.

It's easy to find a one night stand for threesome, but it seems impossible to seriously date somebody without sheer luck.

Does anybody now about clubs or apps that can help? I live in the UK and no, swingers clubs I don't think will help
Don't know what advice to give as your situation is outside of the scope of this topic. I get that threesomes are easier but fleeting but a threesome relationship, I mean I guess your going to have to go through the one night stands and talk to them to see if taking it further is a possibility.