• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
What do people find is the best part breaking gear? I'm imagining Dual Swords with Flat part damage per hit cores?

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
At what point should I be focusing on a proper 'build? At the moment(level 9) I am just powering up things when I can and using whatever cells I have, not really paying too much attention.

On the subject of builds. I assume you are at the mercy of RNG for getting the cells required? Unless i'm missing some other way to get specific ones.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible how many bugs this game has... PS4 pro and there are tons of game breaking glitches. Why and how was this released? Is it still beta?
0.8.1 yo
What do people find is the best part breaking gear? I'm imagining Dual Swords with Flat part damage per hit cores?
Damage is priority. If you are going for targetted breaks, the 'marksman' part for repeaters is excellent at this. Otherwise just focus attacks.
Chain Blades with flat part and whirly twirly is fine.
At what point should I be focusing on a proper 'build? At the moment(level 9) I am just powering up things when I can and using whatever cells I have, not really paying too much attention.

On the subject of builds. I assume you are at the mercy of RNG for getting the cells required? Unless i'm missing some other way to get specific ones.
Just get a main set of gear with decent bonuses (Molten,Ragehunter,conduit,predator,etc.) to +6 and don't sweat it too much. When you get stuck on something you'll know what you need to upgrade for bonuses against bosses and then just learn them.

Cells have an exchange formula on the MiddleMan:
Code:
Buy/Salvage:
+3: Cost 160 dust | Salvage 40 dust
+2: Cost 80 dust | Salvage 20 dust
+1: Cost N/A | Salvage 10 dust

Combine/Exchange
Same cell + Same cell = That cell 1 higher
Same slot(icon) + Same slot = Random cell for that slot 1 higher
Different slot + Different slot = Random cell 1 higher

Using +1 cells to make a +2 takes 22 hours
+2 cells to make a +3 takes 46 hours
using a +3 cell + rams takes 70 hours to randomize it (random of same slot type)

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Three times I can't pick up my axe when i throw it

Now the axe dissapeared completely and doesn't come back to me.

Unbelievable. This is something I need to be able to confront in order to get a refund. Utterly unplayable.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Three times I can't pick up my axe when i throw it

Now the axe dissapeared completely and doesn't come back to me.

Unbelievable. This is something I need to be able to confront in order to get a refund. Utterly unplayable.

You want a refund for a free game?
Utterly unplayable is hyperbole.
I have 50 hours into this game and maybe a handful of bugs I've encountered.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You want a refund for a free game?
Utterly unplayable is hyperbole.
I have 50 hours into this game and maybe a handful of bugs I've encountered.
What is it that you don't understand? For the past 15h or so, I've had SEVERAL, as in MULTIPLE, as in 15+ bugs where I'VE HAD TO RESTART THE GAME in order to PROGRESS.

In what fucking world is THAT hyperbole?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What is it that you don't understand? For the past 15h or so, I've had SEVERAL, as in MULTIPLE, as in 15+ bugs where I'VE HAD TO RESTART THE GAME in order to PROGRESS.

I have had one or two crashed on 1X, including one that just shut the system down with now warning.

What you had sounds super annoying. PC version? The devs seem fairly quick to jump on bugs but it still does not excuse having so many early issues. It's been in testing for a while now.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lmao

x3xzgqyfzv231.png

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

Are you referring to the axe bug? That's not a hard block on progress. It's obviously a critical big that needs to be addressed, but it's not blocking progress unless you've mastered every other weapon.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
As much as the thrown axe is much better than the other special, you also can use grim onslaught until they fix the axe bug. You never lose your axe with that one.

Oct 29, 2017
Mannn patrol boosts SUCK. They only apply to the daily bonus patrols, lol. Oh well, I'm actually glad because it means the free boost they give out didn't do its job in getting me interested to ever drop money on them.

Also, when a monster part breaks and it drops a piece of loot, does it HAVE to be picked up or will that automatically be "looted" after the behemoth is killed?

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Mannn patrol boosts SUCK. They only apply to the daily bonus patrols, lol. Oh well, I'm actually glad because it means the free boost they give out didn't do its job in getting me interested to ever drop money on them.

Also, when a monster part breaks and it drops a piece of loot, does it HAVE to be picked up or will that automatically be "looted" after the behemoth is killed?

It will be automatically collected end of hunt, don't worry if you don't pick them all up.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had my axe disappear a few times when chucking it but I've also had it reappear instantly when I do dumb shit like throw it off a cliff. At worst you gotta wait 45 seconds for it to come back. Oh noes.....

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Its directly tied to that bug where you are still standing and can walk in spot when you get downed, I've only been unable to pick up my axe when that bug also happened first.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
just fought my first Scorchstone Hellion and this is were i draw the line. This is unplayable on the base PS4.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Elite pass would be a lot more tempting in future seasons if the bonus loot was core's I think, instead of parts.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Patch

NEW TO DAUNTLESS
  • Third dye region. Slayers now have access to a third dye region on nearly all armours, and can use up to three dyes to customize each piece. Overall dye-able surface area has increased as well. Plus: You can now dye all of your equipped armour at once! Show us your new look with #FashionSlayer.
  • Bug reporting. Slayers can now report bugs through the in-game Help submenu. Go to the Main Menu, select Help, and choose Report a Bug to gain access to the form. The more detail you can provide, the more it will help us.
  • Huntboard details. Behemoth strengths and weaknesses are now viewable from the hunt board. This should help Slayers better plan and prepare for hunts.
QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Improved performance for Charrogg, Hellion, Valomyr, and Rezakiri. Before you ask: This is not the "final" performance improvement for these Behemoths. We will continue to work to improve this going forward.
  • Made multiple optimizations to VFX and Behemoths to make them less resource-intensive. This should lead to improved performance on hunts.
  • Added a shimmer to "invisible" Kharabaks. They should now be a little easier to see when enraged.
  • Introduced fixes for the most common crashes that players were running into on all platforms.
  • Cancel Matchmaking and Skip Matchmaking should now work as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where changing your lantern on the airship could cause its UI to disappear during the following hunt.
  • The Middleman will now show the correct price for (a) unlocking new cell slots and (b) speeding up cooks.
  • Fixed a bug where Slayers could get stuck in the Hunt Pass screen.
  • Fixed a bug where some Slayers could see and craft the previous (pre-0.8.0) versions of Moonreaver Shrike weapons.
  • Using Aetherslam will no longer execute the hammer's standing blast or incorrectly place a single-ammo Landbreaker.
  • Molten Edict (hammer) will now correctly and consistently spawn its fireball again.
  • Slayers who have their system language set to Polish should no longer experience Dauntless in Portuguese. It will now be in English.
  • Fixed a bug where players couldn't equip the Death's Head or Sky Anchor sigils.
  • Fixed a bug where some TVs would clip the top corners of the HUD depending on overscan settings. (You should now be able to see your compass.)
  • Fixed a bug where opening the Move List on the airship could cause it get stuck, remaining on the screen for the duration of the hunt.
  • Held actions (e.g. gathering, healing at aether vents) should now correctly complete when their meters are filled. This aether vent no longer tastes of … fear.
  • Fixed a bug where using a keyboard to navigate the store could result in the wrong item being selected.
  • The Sylvan Barrel Mastery card will now display the correct icon and background.
  • Interrupt indicators will now correctly display any time a Behemoth is in an interruptible state on all platforms.
  • Fixed a bug where VFX could end prematurely and abruptly.
  • Fixed a bug where Slayers could go invisible when browsing certain menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt survey could get cut off if the player was mid-answer.
  • Raised Razorwing Kharabak's health to its intended level. I feel my power returning …
  • Fixed a bug where the Armour Crafting screen would show an incorrect resistance rating for armour level +11 and up.
  • Added the ability for Slayers to customize their appearance from the Personality menu. But you can still make Gregario happy by visiting his mirror.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the camera to reset into the sky when exiting the Hunt Pass screen.
  • Fixed a bug that caused beards to show through certain helmets in the Loadout, Personality, and Store screens.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • War Pike users may get stuck in the Piercing Fury combo finisher. We are digging into what the cause of this might be.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
  • Held actions (e.g. gathering, healing at aether vents) should now correctly complete when their meters are filled.

FINALLY!! this bugged me more than anything else (outside of random lag spikes). It also effected talking to NPCs as well I would have to walk away and initiate again for the action to complete...

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta admit it's a bit disappointing to see the axe bug not in the update, even under known issues. In game bug reporting will hopefully make that a known issue real quick though.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Can any console players report on the performance? I'm curious if it's gotten better.

Also third dye region is amazing. I can be fully edgelord now.
thrd.png

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah third dye region was a big necessary change, a lot of armor before you couldn't dye the most prominent colour, which made me not care at all about the dye.

Now I can make myself the prettiest hunter.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Some heroic+ hit like a truck i almost reincarnated in a fantasy world jesus
Elemental resist plays such a small role outside having the negative version they should buff that up.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Fell into the Destiny hole because new DLC came out. Any big changes with the patch?

In my opinion, most notable bugs have been fixed or addressed besides the thrown axe bugs and I guess there's some pretty significant performance gains for consoles.

Definitely not the sexiest patch out there but these fixes are really solid.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In my opinion, most notable bugs have been fixed or addressed besides the thrown axe bugs and I guess there's some pretty significant performance gains for consoles.

Definitely not the sexiest patch out there but these fixes are really solid.
Drop a link please? Sitting at train tracks but got to start driving again soon. Will need something to read when on line at the supermarket.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Improved but still drops pretty bad when a lot is going on for Hellion and his lava. Definitely a good start.

New bug now though. Empowered Captain's Grip is only giving me a buff not the team. I'll report it .

Finally no more dying because the holding X didn't work at aether vents.

EDIT: Phew, it was just for that hunt. Empowered Captain's Grip is good now,uffing team as intended. Still reported it though.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Improved but still drops pretty bad when a lot is going on for Hellion and his lava. Definitely a good start.

New bug now though. Empowered Captain's Grip is only giving me a buff not the team. I'll report it .

Finally no more dying because the holding X didn't work at aether vents.

EDIT: Phew, it was just for that hunt. Empowered Captain's Grip is good now,uffing team as intended. Still reported it though.
Empowered reload does that sometimes after patch, I find it happens more after changing barrels before the lobby screen

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mad i sold +1 cells early on since you can combine duplicates for a higher version of that same one.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mad i sold +1 cells early on since you can combine duplicates for a higher version of that same one.

You can also combine different cells of the same type for a randomized cell of the same type. It'll never come out as one of the 2 you fuse though. For example I think I took a medic and something else and ended up with a conduit +3.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ey! They also changed one weekly challenge. Before the patch we had "do 10 fire patrols" with that I could do all 4 at the same time, had 2 already and now it's "kill 10 behemoths with hammer or spear". :(

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Ey! They also changed one weekly challenge. Before the patch we had "do 10 fire patrols" with that I could do all 4 at the same time, had 2 already and now it's "kill 10 behemoths with hammer or spear". :(
I wouldnt have known they changed if you didnt say and i would have done more blaze lol

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Xbox One X post-patch results.

Ramsgate performance is marginally improved. Crash to dashboard after completing Volymr hunt.

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017