• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Game briefly mentioned on the direct 3rd party reel. They previously said it will come to switch after PS4 & XB1. It seems they started on it previously. Just noticed it from a reddit thread here. That poster mentions Iron Galaxy helping the porting process but couldn't find more info on it so didn't add it here.

The guy playing the game says game is coming "this year". Looks cool, just started playing on PC last week and hopefully they would let us continue our saves from there.

Edit: Here is the Iron Galaxy confirmation.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested to try this. I'm down to just a Switch so I should probably read some impressions. Isn't this game free to play?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they can confirm cross-save with Switch soon so I can start playing it on PC right now.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm in. This game is fantastic. Being able to jump from PS4 to PC instantly is a great thing. This is perfect for Crossplay on the Switch.

OP
OP
patientx

patientx

Oct 26, 2017

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A "leaner" MHW that isn't as clunky or obtuse
That actually sounds good. I really dislike the MH games. So I'll definitely try this since it's free to play.

Yes though the page on the Nintendo website indicates you do need Nintendo Online.
Interesting. I thought all free to play games did not require the paid online service. Hmm...I wonder what that means. Would the devs charge for the Switch version?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
That actually sounds good. I really dislike the MH games. So I'll definitely try this since it's free to play.
It plays very similar to MH (attack animations can't be cancelled to dodge, etc.) except there's more emphasis on using I-frames than actually dodging, the monster are much more... fantasy-like, there are significantly fewer monsters (19 I think), and the "grind" to make weapons and armor as well. as upgrades is near non-existent. It's a fun game and very different from monster hunter than you'd initially expect. It doesn't have near the lasting power of monster hunter though. Maybe they'll add more monsters in time?

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
We
It plays very similar to MH (attack animations can't be cancelled to dodge, etc.) except there's more emphasis on using I-frames than actually dodging, the monster are much more... fantasy-like, there are significantly fewer monsters (19 I think), and the "grind" to make weapons and armor as well. as upgrades is near non-existent. It's a fun game and very different from monster hunter than you'd initially expect. It doesn't have near the lasting power of monster hunter though. Maybe they'll add more monsters in time?

They look to have new content drops every month or so, so they will almost certainly continue to add monsters, features, and maybe even weapons.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I tried this on the base PS4 but the framerate was absolutely horrid. Has there been a performance update? Playing this on the Switch could be cool.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely give it a go on switch, hope they work on that shadow rendering though.

How often do they drop new content? Would be nice to see a steady stream of new monsters.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
A lot wrong here
Some move can be canceled, the grind is very real, seeing how it took me days just to get the weapon and armor upgrades I needed. You're rely under selling and glossing over stuff here.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I will give this a try on Switch because I really like Monster Hunter World. Hopefully it feels good to play in handheld. I tried the demo of MHGU, and playing that in handheld did not feel great.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
A lot wrong here
Some move can be canceled, the grind is very real, seeing how it took me days just to get the weapon and armor upgrades I needed. You're rely under selling and glossing over stuff here.
Ok, very few moves can be cancelled (I tend to stick with the axe or repeaters) and I've never had to hunt something more than twice for a particular monster part so to me that's a nearly non-existent grind. I guess results may vary. And yes, I was giving a general overview so I may have glossed over things, but for the most part I gave my general experience with the game.