• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
7ctpYGT.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayDauntless/status/1133428544724275200

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I have tried on 3 separate occasions to play this game and have hit ridiculous server queues each time. Would really like to try it sometime.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have over 40 hours into this game already. It's ridiculously good and doesn't have any greedy F2P stuff in it.

Everyone who likes monster hunting games should try it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seem like really good numbers and also further evidence to contradict all the fanboys who insisted that no one cares about cross play.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm at level 16, really enjoyed it, got a mate into it who couldn't work out Monster Hunter when it came to Game Pass but this has him rocketing past me in level.

Really enjoyed just jumping in, smashing a beast and jumping out. (When the servers are quite)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It randomly matchmakes parties between platforms, so that's not really all that surprising.
Happy it's doing great though, really enjoying the game.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since the alpha on PC and nearly all my random groups have been full of console people. It's been really great to see. The game is great fun and has a very fair F2p model. Hopefully they fix the performance issues on console and lower the queue times.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Glad to hear it is doing well. Having a group of friends that want the social part of an MMO (talking gear, builds, etc) but with less time commitments. Dauntless has been a nice home for us.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Great game that is made even better by cross-play. While im happy that I can play with any of my friends regardless of platform, I do find it a bit concerning that cross-play was granted for yet another Epic-owned game. Now i'm wondering if this is because Epic is putting that much effort into make cross-play a thing or is it something shadier? I'd really like to see more developers/publishers focus and push cross-play for all major titles (where it makes sense).

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
It's a great game, and once you get to some later hunts it really stands apart from just being another monster hunter clone with some of the monster mechanics and the more aggressive combat style. There is some definite criticisms. The world doesn't feel as alive, and the maps are kinda blah. But the fights are engaging and the weapons feel good. The entry barrier being free is getting a few of my "never touched anything that didn't involve a first person gun" friends to try it out as well. It does a lot right and has plenty of room to grow.

I also wouldn't have played more than a day without cross-play. The performance is poo on base-PS4 and that would have been the only way for me to play with friends without crossplay. Wound up picking up the Elite Pass yesterday.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hm... but i thought no one gave an actual fuck about cross play?
/s
that's awesome news, hoping cross-play becomes the norm next gen.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Great game. I'm hoping the launch exceeded the devs expectations, because the game certainly exceeded mine!

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Good to hear. I hope they get the server under control and get the performance in that social area to a good point.

I don't know that the cross platform party stat is useful since it does that by default, though I only see PC players noted on the player list.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I cross play every single hunt. I wish every game had this feature.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't count me in that. Been trying to play this for a week now and can't get past the character creation screen. I've officially given up

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Game is rad. Hopefully it gets years of support as its definitely a game I plan to play off and on for a long time.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's ridiculously good and doesn't have any greedy F2P stuff in it.
Nice, joke. The 20$ armour skin is a gift from heaven, just like all the 12$ emotes. Best yet, the premium pass users get a total of 5$ worth of premium currency in the entire season, that is not even enought to buy most of the emotes and skins available as they are priced much higher than that. F2P users get an amazing 1$ worth in premium currency witch let you purchase... well, nothing in an entire season.

Good thing is that the greed is on the cosmetics section only, and the gameplay is not affected by it.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Had more fun with this game than I expected to. Cross-progression is going to make me keep playing this.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice, joke. The 20$ armour skin is a gift from heaven, just like all the 12$ emotes. Best yet, the premium pass users get a total of 5$ worth of premium currency in the entire season, that is not even enought to buy most of the emotes and skins available as they are priced much higher than that. F2P users get an amazing 1$ worth in premium currency witch let you purchase... well, nothing in an entire season.

Good thing is that the greed is on the cosmetics section only, and the gameplay is not affected by it.

What joke? That's not greedy IMO and the game has to make money. As you said, gameplay is not affected too.

I'm playing AC Odyssey right now, a full price game and it has the same prices for skins. That's greedy to me.

Deleted member 12447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is fully cross play with PC, XB1 and PS4. They seem to not have a problem with Dauntless (EPIC'S) crossplay system actually.

You're misreading.

A bit ago Sony said most people don't want, and won't use crossplay. They've also been playing favorites about which games can and can not have the feature, while claiming all devs have to do is ask. Plenty of devs have been told "No" despite their ridiculous claim that they're not stopping it.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be quite mad if I was Capcom that so no-name indie company can get crossplay and me and my biggest IP ever somehow can't.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
It's time for Sony to publish some guidelines for devs so they can get their games approved.

It's also time for Activision and EA to stop fucking around and make their games crossplay.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I would be quite mad if I was Capcom that so no-name indie company can get crossplay and me and my biggest IP ever somehow can't.
Capcom can't be arsed to have the game be at a similar point in patch content between PC and console version, it feel like they are 10 years away from even thinking about going cross-play. :/

Green

Oct 27, 2017
That's impressive! Hopefully more devs follow suit.

One thing I'm wondering about, does Sony allow cross play with games on PC that are not on EpicGS?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on X1X and I haven't seen a PlayStation logo yet. I'm guessing those players appear with a PC icon?

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the progression issues related to cutscenes in MHW and the constant tardiness that is the support for the PC version, they've got a long way towards anything resembling cross play.
Capcom can't be arsed to have the game be at a similar point in patch content between PC and console version, it feel like they are 10 years away from even thinking about going cross-play. :/

That dosn't mean there can't be crossplay at least at a console level or with the current matchmaking system.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
So far it seems like the only guideline is "be an Epic partner and use their account system".
Yeah Epic deserves a lion's share of the credit for breaking through the platform holder bullshit and for opening up their tools/party system and chat tools. I don't know how feasible it is for other companies to use Epics technology or if there are monetary/data concerns from the larger publishers.