• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
His "$1,000 a month" version of UBI would make every landlord in the US jump for joy, as they'd be receiving free money from every single person who rents from them. It doesn't address anything at all.

You don't think he thought that part out?

EDIT: My tone may sound sarcastic but I am genuinely asking. Again I am Canadian and outside of the major headlines and Kamala Harris (Who I have a crush on...she's very hot) Im not sure

Oct 25, 2017
Yang is a one trick pony

Getting everyone thinking about UBI and getting it into the conversation is good

Everything else is not so good

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Chappelle probably heard Bill Burr's bit about robots then decided to support Andrew

*sorry, my post wasn't meant to be offensive.
Bill Burr made a stand up bit about "Robots" and one of Andrew Yang's main themes is about AI and automasation.

but no means did I intend to be meanspirited

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Yang's 1000/month UBI is probably the most interesting policy proposal to think about out of all the candidates because it is so relatively extreme and individually circumstantial. Policies like medicare4all, we can ascertain relatively easily how big a hole that would blow into the deficit, and its corresponding effect on the economy.

Not saying freedom dividends are a good idea (most likely not, at least not in the way Yang is positioning it), but it's certainly interesting - if not practical - to think about.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Yang now has Chappelle and Elon Musk. Just need Ricky Gervais and he'll have all of ResetEra's favourite people.

Feb 1, 2018

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as long as its a democrat, i dont care who dave supports.

remember when everybody thought he was a trump supporter? yeah, could be worse.

plus, yang aint that bad.

kingjames88

Banned
Nov 1, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
Dave Chappelle needs to be in jail for all that transphobic nonsense he was spewing out in sticks and stones, but this is trumps america, transphobia, racism and sexism is openly celebrated. #fuckfreespeech

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
A little bit late given that Yang has already started falling short of the debate thresholds, which is the closest we have to an objective measure of which candidates are viable. But he's basically already accomplished his mission of spreading the word on his pet issues and is still sitting on a ton of cash, so hey, why not power through till the end.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 month): dismissing concerns of transphobia
Era isn't a monolith, but Era tends to hate anyone but the most progressive candidate and will use purity tests to tell you why. Give it a couple months and Era will tell you how voting for Bernie or Warren instead of the other is literally the most vile thing a person could do, despite the fact they are ideologically almost the same

Yeah something I also see and it is really exhausting when browsing EtceEra. Like this Dave controversial about him being transphobic because he made jokes at their expense. But has anyone who says "Dave sucks" because of that has ever read or see a story about him treating a trans in private or public like shit? I think not and still words are more important to some people than rather the real actions of the individual.

Also this forum is super vulnerable when it comes to stir shit up and manipulate certain discussion. The Cenk smear thread was one hell of a prime example of how you can influence a narrative with just a handful of purposefully placed comments tbh.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
What's Yang's response to the "rent will go up 1k everywhere" critique? He probably hears it every day.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like this Dave controversial about him being transphobic because he made jokes at their expense. But has anyone who says "Dave sucks" because of that has ever read or see a story about him treating a trans in private or public like shit?
wow you're right. he's said all sorts of shitty things about trans people in public, but until we have direct evidence of him treating "a trans" (phew) like shit we can't say anything

imagine holding people accountable for the things they say

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Edit: tangled in edit and reply boxes

Last edited:

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Lmao a comic endorsing a meme. People expect too much from Dave Chappelle

He was making fun of drug addicts and sexual abuse victims before he disappeared. He had (and still has) interesting thoughts about black america but that's always been where his progressiveness begins and ends.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah something I also see and it is really exhausting when browsing EtceEra. Like this Dave controversial about him being transphobic because he made jokes at their expense. But has anyone who says "Dave sucks" because of that has ever read or see a story about him treating a trans in private or public like shit? I think not and still words are more important to some people than rather the real actions of the individual.
Please keep the ignorant downplaying of transphobia to yourself.
Also this forum is super vulnerable when it comes to stir shit up and manipulate certain discussion. The Cenk smear thread was one hell of a prime example of how you can influence a narrative with just a handful of purposefully placed comments tbh.
Projector bulb glowing a little hot there.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
All this weird anti Yang sentiment at Era smells like casual racism to my Asian nose but whatever...