• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The fact Fincher stuck with this across the production delays makes me feel like he really sees something in it.

Or maybe he just really wants a fat paycheck. Either one.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to retcon the ending of the first movie? Seems like an easy win even against hordes of zombies if they won't even fight back as you kill them all so I'm not sure what the sequel will be about unless its more of a side story.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they should rework this into the Dark Universe somehow and just make it a Mole People reboot

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
I'm such a huge Fincher fan but I can't possibly imagine this being good. But..... somehow he's still on the project

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Really?! Still happening?? Interesting.

Not sure what he sees in it, besides a huge paycheck.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Even average Fincher is great. I know we've have Mind Hunters but it's been too long since Gone Girl.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
It's 2019 and David Fincher is making a sequel to someone else's mediocre zombie blockbuster...what a world (war z)

less

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really desire a sequel for the first film but I'll watch anything Fincher directs.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man, I really haven't been digging movies for the past few years, but I can't wait to see what Fincher does with this.

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe Fincher is attached to this. Either he's been itching to work with his buddy Brad again or the script is actually decent. I'm sure he's worked on it some since coming aboard the project.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought World War Z was decent, even though I remember the trailers making it look like a steaming pile of dog shit.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
I wish World War Z got a faithful adaptation. It would not work as a movie, but something like a miniseries spliced with news clips.

Oct 28, 2017
Whatever brad Pitt did it wasnt WWZ. Hopefully Fincher has something better to show rather than a crappy zombie action schlock that used a books title for easy $.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I dunno, The Social Network seemed like way more of a passion project than Benjamin Button.

Hm no, really, social network was absolutely a studio project, except him and Sorkin had to push their gigantic script for it. Benny Button, nobody wanted it and he had to lie to sell it to the studios, saying it was about a love story (when really it was about death)

Hm no, really, social network was absolutely a studio project, except him and Sorkin had to push their gigantic script for it. Benny Button, nobody wanted it and he had to lie to sell it to the studios, saying it was about a love story (when really it was about death)
Didn't Benjamin Button spend a decade in development hell under many different directors, and he wound up being the one guy willing to say yes after all that? It's hard to see any kind of real passion there for the material beyond the visual effects work.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whatever brad Pitt did it wasnt WWZ. Hopefully Fincher has something better to show rather than a crappy zombie action schlock that used a books title for easy $.

It was a dishwater dull film regardless but the mediocrity of the movie was compounded by how much I enjoyed the novel.

I have no idea why they even bothered to adapt WWZ; as you point out, the film and the book are nothing alike.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the first one... maybe because my expectations were low because people criticized it.... but usually if that happens that doesn't affect my opinion. But yeah I liked it.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
The only things I remember from the first movie is them quoting half of a great line from the book (and immediately pointing it out to the friends I was watching it with), and the absolutely hilarious Pepsi product placement near the end that made me actually laugh out loud for a minute. Which probably isn't a good sign considering I remember huge chunks of the book.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
How have they got Fincher to direct a movie like this?