• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe is slowing losing it. Wish Sony will fund an indie project of his choosing since he now 'hates' AAA games.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck is this? Why people get out of their way to defend the stupid Milo asshole?

Dec 14, 2017
Freedom of speech is not the same thing as allowing someone on a commercial platform to spew hate. Milo is free to say what he wants, just as Twitter/YouTube has the right to refuse him to use their service to do so.
This is supposed to be a meaningful difference between censorship and what social media companies are doing, but it's not.

It's a distinction without a difference.

What is hi-friggin'-larious is that the right wingers complaining about being locked out are exactly those who most support the cause of private property...

Which is why they can be locked out.

The ghost of a murdered third world unionist is laughing somewhere right now.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised people aren't aware of how much of the industry is... less than enamoured with this site, and the old one.

Are they enamoured of 4chan or gamefaqs' forums? Wouldn't surprise me that much tho. Pretty sure there are many devs and industry people that share the same crappy alt right shitty views.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
I dunno the whole story behind the controversy and I suspect that I would disagree with his take on Milo and whoever, but he's absolutely right that this community actively seeks to demonize and mis-characterize public figures as a way of shouting down opinions they find offensive.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Facist bullies and proud bigots are not to be reasoned with. Their aims are misery and destruction, not understanding and compromise. How is this so hard for some people to get right? Are they not old enough or well read enough to know what happens when you bring good vibes and milky appeals for fair minded dialogue to a no-holds-barred shitfight?

Grow a fucking spine and know your enemy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Why is Milo even the Hill he's dying on? You could make a legitmate argument for some individuals, but its not even worth it for somebody whose maybe(probably) a paedophile and a Neo-Nazi. Toxic is ambiguous, sure, but hate is a pretty safe label for somebody that encourages murder and expresses disappointment at the failed attempt of mass murder.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I don't know why anyone in that position would give this place the time of day. He needs to cool off.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
so are we just going to ignore the evidence that merely allowing the spread of "these shitty views" results in a ton of harm to society even if it's not in the form of of direct violence? you can't possibly be that naive...

the other part of this is that just because it's someone's view or opinion doesn't make it's one that's worth hearing

you want to argue about how all of this leads to slippery slope, yet you refuse to study history or have any fundamental understanding about how young minds become corrupt in the first place.

there are some things in this world that are pretty fucking easy is to tell where it's CLEARLY WRONG

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Of all things in this world to defend, he chose giving a platform to all of the pieces of shit in the world.

Bravo.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I just can't understand why people try to defend idiots like Milo. They say shit like they don't approve but defend their hate anyway. I get it, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". It just rings hollow when you go to bat for some of the worst people and their rights but when actual good people are silenced you don't make a peep.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Yea who could've foreseen this. Let's ask Leslie Jones. A person that Milo certainly didn't double down on harassing when given a platform by shitstain Bill Maher. But David Jaffe doesn't care about that, he cares more that a person is allowed to harass others than about the people who're being harassed.
Wait, that shitstain attacked Leslie Jones again when that asshole Maher gave him a platform?

People who watched that segment and talked about it on the old site sure seemed to leave that detail out.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I don't give a fuck what fascists and fascist enablers think.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with his end comments that some people need to stop analysing everything for dog whistles and hidden meanings, just for their own mental health more than anything. But also because not everyone "lives this shit" as Jaffe says and it is the ubiquitous nature of the internet that some people may say a dodgy meme without knowing the original context or not knowing its current context.

I'm more willing to believe that people don't "live this shit" when they've stated support for Gamergate, claimed that Hillary Clinton would be worse than Donald Trump, tried to argue that a guy who supports Neo-Nazis are pedophilia should have a platform, whined about the "alt-left", posted the NPC meme only after it became a meme... This is some serial ignorance.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
My point is he is in debt. How did he get there? He's there because was allowed to speak until it got him banned from private services. I don't consider Alex Jones and Milo Y. deplatforming "wins" since they were both hoisted by their own petard.

Let me get this straight:
- You admit they've been dealt a huge blow by being deplatformed.
- You argue that this blow was dealt to them because of the things they said in such platforms.
- And therefore, it's good they had these platforms to begin with.

In other words, you're saying that deplatforming them is counterproductive, because if they had no platforms, they wouldn't have been dealt the blow that is deplatforming them. Am I reading this correctly?

I'm more willing to believe that people don't "live this shit" when they've stated support for Gamergate, claimed that Hillary Clinton would be worse than Donald Trump, tried to argue that a guy who supports Neo-Nazis are pedophilia should have a platform, whined about the "alt-left", posted the NPC meme only after it became a meme... This is some serial ignorance.

Pretty much. Plausible deniability and feigned ignorance have always been the closest friends of bigoted speakers everywhere. It's high time for people to stop falling for it and extending benefit of doubt to serial "ignorants".

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bone to pick with people who enable and give platforms to facists

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised people aren't aware of how much of the industry is... less than enamoured with this site, and the old one.
*shrugs* And why should we care? This isn't Millarworld, we aren't a dedicated insiders board. This is an enthusiasts forum that has a few industry people posting here. Even in the "golden days" nobody all that important posted on GAF and ONLY on GAF. If the industry likes it cool, if not, also cool. They're a business that produces products we chose to consume or not, not our friends.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have an opinion on David Scott Jaffe.

just another racist piece of shit whiteboy hiding behind freeze peach.

JoduanER2

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hes right. In this forum when people dont agree with someone, they immediately trash him and call him names. Theres a lot of hateful people in here. If you dont agree with someone theres no need to say shit about him.

Hefty

Nov 9, 2018
Dude, the boat captain gets brought back by some foreign chump that isn't even part of the hellenistic mythological canon.
Wasn't the boat captain brought back only in gow2 tho? and iirc he was a soul temporarily summoned by the zombie dude with hammer, i won't necessarily call that being brought back to life, but that's just me.
And it's not like he even asked whether it can happen, so my point about him doing right by his family not being something he's concerned with stands. He could have asked to have them brought back and been told no, but he doesn't even think about it because he doesn't really concern himself with that. His concern is his pain.
That's a lot of assumptions you're making there, the fact that we don't see kratos asking them to bring them back to life doesn't mean that he maybe did, but regardless of that nothing in the god of war lore up to that point proved that death could be reversed by asking the gods so Kratos believing that such a thing is impossible is not that far fetched imo. But i guess we have to disagree on this.
That's neither here nor there, but you should know that Tarantino himself said that Schultz didn't kill Candy because he was outraged by his immorality and slavery. He was just salty because he lost to him. That's what had him pull the trigger, Candy egging him into admitting defeat in a humiliating way. So you're effectively arguing that Dr. Schultz was justified in killing Candy not because Candy is evil, but because Schultz was vindictive.
Maybe that's what Tarantino thinks, but let's be honest, that's not what transpires in the movie at all, he clearly wanted to kill the son of a bitch the moment he ordered the dogs to eat alive that slave, losing to candy might have been the tipping point but mr candy had it coming the whole movie even if he acted within the legality of the time the entire time.
Actually, that's exactly what it means, atleast by his own morals. He enslaved and killed others and his only real objection is that he thinks that he himself should be exempt from that. At best, he's a hypocrite who thinks his life and happiness is the only one that matters.

And even ignoring that, deception is just a tactic, and it's not one that Schultz objected to Candy using. What I'm talking about is the beliefs that drive Kratos, which basically come down to "You can kill and enslave everyone else, but if you do it to me, YOUR A MONSTER WHO BETRAYED ME". That's just stupid. If Kratos was self aware, he'd atleast admit that he's only going after Ares because he doesn't like being a slave, but there was no betrayal involved in their conflict.
And to my final point: I'm not saying that kratos isn't an egotistical asshole, I think NOBODY would consider kratos to be a positive character or an hero or whatever, until the recent game kratos was a proper asshole all the way through, pretty obviously so, but I do think that as a slave his violent rebellion against ares was ultimately justified, but again that doesn't mean that he isn't an a hypocritical dick, that was always pretty clear.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I dunno the whole story behind the controversy and I suspect that I would disagree with his take on Milo and whoever, but he's absolutely right that this community actively seeks to demonize and mis-characterize public figures as a way of shouting down opinions they find offensive.
You mean "opinions" like racism, bigotry, sexism, blatant lies, and general alt-right garbage?

We were the intolerant ones all along
giphy.gif

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jaffe to join Dyack and Cliffy B. in the list of arch-enemies of ERA.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*shrugs* And why should we care? This isn't Millarworld, we aren't a dedicated insiders board. This is an enthusiasts forum that has a few industry people posting here. Even in the "golden days" nobody all that important posted on GAF and ONLY on GAF. If the industry likes it cool, if not, also cool. They're a business that produces products we chose to consume or not, not our friends.
Wait, are you telling me Stinkles posts elsewhere?!? Say it ain't so, Stinkles, say it ain't so!

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Having the opinion that neo--nazis should be allowed to want a white ethno state is a one way ticket to get-the-fuck-outta-here-ville, boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.