• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm dying from laughter at how pathetic this is and how DJ has nothing better to do.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
This the dude who dosent know what censorship actually means with that milo comment?
Enhoy the slide into irrelevance i guess.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm not a fan but... this was sorta entertaining lol.

I dunno I admit I haven't followed this closely enough to weigh in on the right or wrong of this but he sounds pretty indignant. Maybe he did just express himself in the wrong way and people ran with it.

He is mad because many people on resetera are very reactionary. To be fair to them, most people here are social liberals, so defending anyone in the alt right would be unacceptable regardless of the reason.

For me, its just confusing why Jaffe would be so offended at something that he should have known would happen. Giving defense to Milo on twitter of all things, without any explanation besides giving a link is bound to cause controversy.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously can't believe he got worked up enough to make a whole ass video just because we didn't agree with him that a pedophile defender needed a speakerphone on third party social media sites that have terms of services that the pedo-defender has broken dozens of times.

And nah, not gonna watch this bullshit video either. We don't need to give this guy a platform.

He might want to hear more of Milo's thoughts on why adults should be able to sleep with teens (considering those views were the reason Milo was deplatformed in the first place, not Milo's views on or place within the alt-right) but that's on him.

Nov 23, 2017
Many in the industry don't, but they don't publicly say anything because of more threads being made where people will complain that they aren't liked.

You only have to look back about 13 months when the old forum died, and many devs openly celebrated its demise (and not because the owner was scummy, but because the forum and discussions themselves were toxic).
Whats the point of this post in a thread about someone who is stanning for pedos and open bigots? If other devs don't like that this forum is against that kind of thing, then who cares about them in the first place?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I am not surprising given the same people who roasted him on GAF roast his ass here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It's one thing to hold somebody accountable, it's an entirely different thing to have the reaction ResetEra did.
Or to you know, respond with the creepy NPC stuff like Jaffe did.

He made some of my favorite games when I was younger but dude is moving around the wrong circles. Hope he can find his way out of it because yeesh..

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm surprised people aren't aware of how much of the industry is... less than enamoured with this site, and the old one.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
jaffe: "I think all these toxics shit heads should be allowed to speak their opinions freely at all times."
Era: "nah man, they're bad and their rethoric hurts people."
jaffe: "oh no you can't have that opinion."

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn Jaffe you know I had some sympathy for you when Drawn To Death got drug through the mud. ( I actually kind of liked it) and when your studio closed but calling out individual members of a message board like this? What are you fucking 12 or something? Grow the fuck up.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
This idiot doesn't get it. No one is entitled to a platform to spew hate... or anything really. It's not a right.

Also, the whole "guys don't worry this amazing thing called law and enforcement got it... no need to worry so you all shut up and give this nazi a platform" is fucking hilarious.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
That poster was making an old inside joke (about another industry figure having a "problem" with a poster)
Yep, not saying anything against you Phantom Thief . Just making a reference people who were there then would know ;)

This is eerily similar to an incident that happened a bunch of years ago on GAF where a prominent industry person called out a forum user.

Oct 27, 2017
Freedom of speech is not the same thing as allowing someone on a commercial platform to spew hate. Milo is free to say what he wants, just as Twitter/YouTube has the right to refuse him to use their service to do so.

Yes, this is what's bothering me too. Milo is free to say whatever the fuck he wants; he's not being censored. But platforms like Twitter and YouTube are privately owned and are in no way obligated to capitulate to those views. It seems Jaffe has a problem with social media platforms specifically but seems to be blaming a nebulous 'people' for 'censoring' Milo.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
He seems kinda sorry in a defensive idiotic way. But at least that's something.

"Maybe I am wrong you goddamn alt-left morons". ha ha.

Better than Notch, that today had a mental breakdown on twitter and called all the left EVIL.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
yeah after watching this video I kind of get the feeling something's not right. There's no reason for someone of his accomplishments and resume to be stooping to this pandering streamer commentary hot-take bullshit. Is he having a mid-life crisis? Go home and be a family man, Jaffe. Don't be a Boogie.
This is his hobby. He streams radio show style and has a podcast.

He's been doing this for a while now.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that after all these years, people still don't know what freedom of speech actually is.

Oct 27, 2017
This shit happens with him again and again and again. I remember him coming into threads at the old place to flame people who didn't like what he had to say. Sorry, Jaffe. It's just you.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
He's probably just desperate for internet attention since it's been over a decade since his last relevant game.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yeah no. Been a fan of David Jaffe for a long time and vocally supported his creative integrity in the past but no more.

You don't give a platform to hate. Milo is hate.

The motherfucker outed and harassed trans students at school assemblies he got invited to. Like, just fuck off into obscurity Jaffe, if you support that.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I still think it's hilarious that his whole argument hangs on Milo, who was not deplatformed for being a Nazi, but for defending paedophilia.

You can totally be a nazi with an audience, what is he on about?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my problem with the reaction. Jaffe is really liberal and he said one stupid thing (and unfortunately is trying to defend his stance) and it triggered ResetEra. But that's the world we live in these days unfortunately.

So here is the thing. If you fuck up you own it you genuinely apologize and do better you don't get defensive dig in and play the sympathy card cause eeeeveryone is ganging up on you. Jaffe isn't sorry or else he would have taken the criticism done his research on Milo and possibly came back and been like "Yeah, I was wrong this guy is way worse than I thought he was." Instead he is busy getting into petty fights with people on twitter and calling out ERA users. He can fuck off.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wait a minute, is this the guy that got all mad at Kyle Bosman when he poked some fun at Drawn to Death? what an insanely petty dude if so, does he just make a point of calling out any individual that says something negative about an opinion or game of his? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.