• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

David Jaffe (creator of God of War) has a bone to pick with ResetEra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I totally agree with that myself... some issues need to be dealt with, without the tolerance. Some opinions ARE toxic and don’t need a grand overseer to dictate that it is because it’s morally bankrupt to begin with.

But often times I see too many polarizing views on pretty much everything... and I mean the things like gaming difficulty, are you for or against lack of clothing on characters, are you an apologist for so and so AAA publisher/developer, or what games are acceptable to like.

And not to say such views aren’t good for discussion. But like for instance, I may think a developer’s views are garbage, and I’ll choose not to buy a certain game myself... Then I’ll see people dogpiled on or criticized for liking said game by that questionable person. Or others who take to attack someones social media feed because they feel it’s their duty to take them down. Maybe it’s not the black and white, red and blue division that gets me... I guess it’s the lengths people go for their personal crusades that sometimes tip toe into malicious intent that I find questionable. That and the over saturation of lines for an escapists hobby.
Sure, I got harassed on pretty much every social media account I have after celebrating a ban on here in a Kingdom Come pre-release thread. These people are fucking pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
He seems like maybe he’s just.. unwell. Angry? Seeking relevancy in an industry that has largely left him behind. Because no one outside of this industry gives two shits about this guy or anything he says. He’s nobody.
No, he's an uninformed asshole unconcerned with how this shit affects people like me.

Please stop trying to find excuses for sympathizers. I don't think this is your intent, but people do this all the time for white people. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Save that for the people these opinions are impacting.

Oct 27, 2017
TX
User Banned (Duration Pending): Attacking other Users, Trolling, Accumulated Infractions
I actually agree with him. Era suffers from a weak hive mind mentality occasionally and can be a little much. Something has to change or we start turning into neogaf. Now i am not to familar with him as a person but 5 minutes into the video he seems upset. What the fuck did yall do?

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has he commented on the fact that Milo organized attacks on other people? Does he still think that's not enough reason to remove him?
In the video he basically says that no one should be deplatformed from any place for any reason, which is such a naive and shortsighted viewpoint given the past few years we've lived through.

Nov 11, 2017
twitter.com
That's the thing, they do. As long as I've been browsing this site, the entire notion of "Separating the artist and art" always comes up. Individuals getting lambasted over supporting the art, when the artist was a scumbag. Literally the same situation happening now.

I saw the title
Read through (Gather more info etc etc)
Saw the aforementioned comment
Made a quip considering I know how this site operates with its hive-mind approach and attacking individuals who support the "Art" of certain "Artists"
Had many individuals respond back with triggered responses (Including my joke over how Gaf is better with this style of posting even though I don't post there)

That is all. Nothing else to explain. This certainly has something to do with the topic at hand, while concurrently having something to do with the forum its being posted on.

If you want to know my honest opinion about this whole direct situation, I truly believe its hyperbolic, on both sides. Not just Jaffe, but here too. I've also read up on the Milo situation as well. He's a right asshole, but as long as his words aren't physically affecting someone, he's allowed his idiotic opinion, just like everyone here is. Just ignore his idiotic rhetoric, just like everyone here needs to ignore Jaffe's ramblings, like-wise for NEOGAF, who're currently stalking this thread as I type this, and that this forum likes to do time after time.

Ultimately, people need to calm down, relax and breathe and not get perpetually triggered over everything all the time. Anyway, I explained my point, if you don't like it, too bad, so sad (General statement, not directed to you L Thammy)

L Thammy, I would like to thank you again for not resorting to derogatory statements and rhetoric, that's quite rare these days.

Edit: I'm only responding back to L Thammy, I don't have time to respond back to multiple triggered individuals.
Please don't use "triggered" to mean "upset", "offended", "disagreeing", or some other term, further watering it down and thus making people who legitimately need to use the term to describe their triggers look silly.

Oct 25, 2017
Has he commented on the fact that Milo organized attacks on other people? Does he still think that's not enough reason to remove him?
I don't think he'll care. He was saying that he agrees that people should be able to spread their desire for an white ethnostate, after all, a process that is literally impossible to achieve without genocidal violence.

He's entirely unconcerned with others' wellbeing.

His platform amounts to "Nazis should be allowed to spread their innate violent rhetoric without being shouted down" because he doesn't care for the people that will be hurt.

It's all theoretical to him.

Oct 25, 2017
People critize him on the internet = China and Russia
I'm sure restera members are about to take him away any minute now, never to be seen again.

Yeah, that's not a compleltly fucking insane take on the situation and he is totally not mad.

Trying to defend mf Milo with "but what is toxicity" is such an indefensible postion, I don't even know where to start.
Also, appeal to authority for good measure.

Oct 25, 2017
He is saying we be should freethinkers and sit down to listen to white supremacists to find a solution to hate speech...

I can't anymore.
ahhh the boogie2988 route, what a bold choice

Everyone has the same opinions and is unable to think for themselves, except for the people who don't have the same opinions and aren't unable to think for themselves. Easy.
resetera is a hivemind of occasional hiveminds

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with him. Era suffers from a weak hive mind mentality occasionally and can be a little much. Something has to change or we start turning into neogaf. Now i am not to familar with him as a person but 5 minutes into the video he seems upset. What the fuck did yall do?
We laughed at him for wanting to give a voice to a Nazi.

Oct 25, 2017
In the video he basically says that no one should be deplatformed from any place for any reason, which is such a naive and shortsighted viewpoint given the past few years we've lived through.
Did he comment on what the targets of these attacks should do? Does he expect them to do what? Just take it as a fact that there are people out there striving to make their lives hell?

Jan 25, 2018
Shit, just been reading up on this and what the fuck.

What's wrong with this guy, full on apologetic to alt-right assholes openly wanting white etho states "as long as it doesn't get violent".

How does he think people will just say "sure fam, I'll pack up my shit and go so you whities can be alone?".

And just look at how Europe turned on eachother when the refugee crisis started, and that was a total of like 2-3m refugees? Germany too in 1m and many other countries outright refused.

How does he think millions of Latin/Asian/African/ME americans will be received in other countries?
Spoiler: not with open arms.

There's not enough housing, social structures aren't equipped to deal with such an high influx of people. Etc.

Saying people should be free to want a white ethno state (even through peaceful means, which can't be done) is outright condoning the behaviour by the alt right.

And referencing "the alt-left" lol dude wtf.

Fuck you Jaffe.

Oct 25, 2017
I am generally of the opinion that era has a lot of issues. This isnt one of those times though, I dont get why Jaffe doesnt walk away from this one if he is that upset. Is protecting a known bigot really the battle hes willing to take a stand for?

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking "hive mind" and "triggered" 🙄 who uses those phrases but jerks who've bought into the racist alt right/GOP group think?
for real.

I am very tired from work and about to go to bed, I watched the video for 5 minutes. If you don't want to provide a link that is fine.
It's almost like context is needed and the context is there for you to consume. Put in the fucking work or stop posting about a topic you can't bother to put in the effort to understand.

Oct 25, 2017
I am a master debater. my skills are like albert einsteins skills at nuclear phhysics. I will tell you why e=mc2 you coward if you debate me.

Let it be known that david jaffe is a coward. might was well call some farmers, because we got some cow-ards

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I honestly can not believe some of you people don't know who David Jaffe is. You must be really young.

I also have never seen a video of him not making sense. He speaks the truth and doesn't sugar coat it. Unfortunately, this generation isn't really used to that.

Dec 30, 2017
What do you mean turning into? Era is Neogaf, neogaf 2. That cesspool left behind is a shell of its former self for scumbags.

Otherwise “hive mind” is always a bit too exaggerated as a generalization. He is wrong about so much shit, but the knee jerk reaction to condemn to a level where a person becomes irredeemable is absurd.

Milo is a lost cause, I think Jaffe is just ignorant. You can’t fix a bigot, you can teach ignorant people.

Status
Not open for further replies.