• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I know almost nothing about the situation, but anyone who'll go to bat for or shill for right-wing shithead pedophiles is probably also a right-wing shithead pedophile. So Fuck You.

That is all.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing inherently wrong with the phrase "hivemind", I'm black and a liberal and use the phrase when I feel that people don't in fact think for themselves and just jump on a bandwagon and it happens occasionally right here on Era. There have been threads where there's some initial claim that people take as truth and just react on it without informing themselves or awaiting actual facts and details and they just run with it, only to later look foolish when the initial claims were proven false. It happened recently in Etcetera concerning Dwight Howard where a lot of people were wishing ill upon him and they ended up looking stupid because the claims concerning him weren't true. People come under fire here for having opposing opinions to the general prevailing viewpoint within threads and are mocked for it at times.

People should be allowed to have differing opinions so as long as they aren't hateful, discriminative or seeking to incite violence/wrong treatment against others. So I understand where Jaffe is coming from to a point. People need to relax and understand that we really can't stop people from having or voicing their opinions. There'll always be some impressionable person that will fall victim to their words but I'm not sure if it serves everyone to attempt to stifle and shudder these people, only for them to congregate and bolster themselves.
Look, its yet another post pretending like nazism and other bigoted views against minorities and women are somehow valid differing opinions deserving to be heard. Old and played out, and always wrong.

You know what folks, this shit HAS been heard, for far too long. Thats how we know these people in the first place. And you know whats more, the glorious FREE MARKET has decided they aint having it. It's over. Platform got raised, got burnt the fuck down. More of that, and quicker please. The horror, i know.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Dude wouldnt't answer my questions after interacting with me multiple times.

Since his problem seemed to be with people shouting down and disrupting free speech I asked him:

If someone was invited by a University to speak and theyre talking about how Black people are dumber than whites would he get upset at a black person showing their anger and shouting down the speaker?

Of course he refused to acknowledge that question and changed subjects.

I asked him earlier if the Law is more important than the people the law is supposed to protect. Dude said yes lol.

Had to nope out. After he pulled up Breitbart article. Damn shame.

Oct 26, 2017
Jaffe stanning for a guy who set his career on fire trolling about pedophilia is honestly a really bad decision for an origin story.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I admittedly don't know a whole lot of trans people so maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like such a small thing that I'm not sure what there is to discuss. If someone tells me what they'd like to be called, I don't have any reason not to call them that. It has so little to do with me and so little weight in my mind that it makes more sense just to go with the path that reduces conflict. If something so trivial on my end makes other people happy, why would I go out of my way not to do it?
Which is why I agree with some, like the general pronoun "zir". It is to my understanding that it is gender neutral so should be accepted by all.

The reason I don't agree with using all of them is that it will be a slippery slope where we have too many pronouns to the point where it becomes an unnecessary hassle.

It is true what you say in that meeting people who require it are an extremely small percentage, but that's the case today. I'm thinking about future implications.

In the end, the real filter will be whether or not the general public adopts these, but I still believe is a valid subject to discuss, no matter how trivial it is when compared to bigger more important ones.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Which is why I agree with some, like the general pronoun "zir". It is to my understanding that it is gender neutral so should be accepted by all.

The reason I don't agree with using all of them is that it will be a slippery slope where we have too many pronouns to the point where it becomes an unnecessary hassle.

It is true what you say in that meeting people who require it are an extremely small percentage, but that's the case today. I'm thinking about future implications.

In the end, the real filter will be whether or not the general public adopts these, but I still believe is a valid subject to discuss, no matter how trivial it is when compared to bigger more important ones.
It's a dangerous slippery slope where we might have to be accepting of people's identities :(

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

"Hey please call me this"

"Sorry person, my brain only has room for 3 pronouns"

what a tremendous hassle it must be to have to be respectful

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Trans people and espically non-binary people are very rare.
That's not going to change, ever. These future implication don't exist.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is this hassle that you foresee? Say you call someone by the incorrect pronoun and they correct you, would that really ruin your day?

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
No, he's an uninformed asshole unconcerned with how this shit affects people like me.

Please stop trying to find excuses for sympathizers. I don't think this is your intent, but people do this all the time for white people. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Save that for the people these opinions are impacting.
I'm sorry if you took it that way. I'm not trying to find excuses for him or anyone that believes those things as they're patently wrong and destructive to society. He's definitely an asshole. I could use a host of more colorful words but I'm not sure what I can get away with here. My post was more of a "hit him where it hurts" in case he really is reading this. He really is nobody now. Even replying to him is giving him a voice. Unfortunately their are people that are going to believe those things. What's sad is I don't see that ever going away in my lifetime. In America things are more fucked up than ever as the worst this country has to offer have finally been given a pulpit to spew this shit with little fear of consequence or reprisal. And I don't know exactly what 'me' means to you as it's none of my business but I'm sorry this shit has to be a part of your life. Hang in there.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Again, how is this not solved just by letting people tell you if they want to be called something else and listening to them? In the future, people will still be able to tell you. If you're, say, a corporation and you deal with a far greater number of people than individual humans do, you can probably resolve this even easier with a database. You already have fill in "Mr.", "Miss", "Mrs." when you're filing a job application or the like; it's not any harder to add a few new fields.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

that doesn't particularly seem like a realistic worry

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

How big of a hassle is it to correct yourself if someone asks you use a certain pronoun? You realize this isnt even a problem in the slightest? Language is constantly evolving. If in the future we have multiple different pronouns we'll use them, if not and some still prefer something different you just nod and call them what they prefer. Simple as 1, 2, 3.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the worst part is the hassle. Properly identifying someone is just so annoying

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i see now. that would actually be some crazy shit if there was a specific word that every person went by. i can't even imagine it.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
apparently it's a Legitimate Right-Wing Concern that it will be an enormous hassle to [checks notes] correctly identify the approximately five trans people you'll ever meet in social circles numbering in the hundreds

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Forget adding new pronouns, I already find myself checking Era members' profiles before I use the word "dude". We've already passed the slippery slope.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Oh my god, too many pronouns. What a fucking hassle.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ahahah. Fuck this post is dumb.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Tell me, with all honesty, that shit like this isn't more tolerated here when it is as banal, ignorant and dismissive as what alt-right bigots spew.

P.S. sorry to disappoint you.
I was not implying that's what you think, but the whole "message" this thread revolves around is that people should be free to "discuss" such views. I don't know you and I didn't attribute such views to you, sorry if it seemed like that was the case.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
How big of a hassle is it to correct yourself if someone asks you use a certain pronoun? You realize this isnt even a problem in the slightest? Language is constantly evolving. If in the future we have multiple different pronouns we'll use them, if not and some still prefer something different you just nod and call them what they prefer. Simple as 1, 2, 3.

I agree with this, though I would ask them to be patient with me if I accidentally forget the pronoun they'd like me to use. I have a hard enough time remembering names.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like he gets hung up on the same thing lots of middle-aged white men get hung up on. The insidious nature of alt-right talking heads like Shapiro and Peterson is that on a surface level their entry-level stuff can sound "logical". It's only after deeper reading do you find that it's just sensationalized BS.

Campus protestors pulling a fire alarm to shut down a speaker is such a rare thing that focusing on it as the path to chaos is a waste of energy. Conservative speakers thrive on the controversy so they blow it out of proportion into a huge offense against their freedom of speech.

Here's a good article on it: https://psmag.com/education/is-it-time-to-rethink-campus-protest

Oct 25, 2017
you know how we commonly hear the refrain of "calling people a nazi will push them more likely to *really* be a nazi"?

maybe the right-wing should have been a little more careful about who they called degenerates if they wanted civility :)

it isn't surprising that after years of demonizing "political correctness" and celebrating people who "tell it like it is" that people across the political spectrum would actually listen to the advice, haha

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Can't believe I made it through 4 minutes of that video. Dudes a joke, happy to say I don't think I ever bought any of his games ha.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's amazing that somebody would still choose fucking Milo as the hill to die on.
it's sad that in the gaping vacuum of Populat Online Racist there hasn't been anyone with any amount of charisma to take his place

the best they've had since milo is like the college fun girl and even then people only give her a platform for the same reason they give tomi lahren a platform to say hey look the extreme right has pretty girls too

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
It's amazing that somebody would still choose fucking Milo as the hill to die on.
The nazi shill they want to die on.
It's a good catch-all. There are very very few people you can throw out massive lists of negative adjectives about and have them all be accurate, yet Milo finds a way! Asshole, racist, Nazi, homophobic pedophile? And those are the ones he's proud of. I'm not sure I know of many others can can pull that much off at once. It's generally 3-4 max for most career trolls.

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Oh no. Angry Jaffe, creator of the toxic masculinity game, is angry that others think his points are bad.

Oh no. Whatevermuch will we do. Rock on, Phantom Thief.

So, you're thinking about imaginary problems, things that don't exist and that are not a problem, nor would harm anybody. But other things that are actually problems you dismiss.

Hmmm.

Respecting people outside the gender binary is not this horrible ordeal you're making it out to be.

Last edited:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe feels that game developers should be free to decide how to impliment loot boxes in their games without government intervention, but seems to be against social media being able to decide what users they want on their platform because of "freedom of speech".

Oct 25, 2017
milo's downfall was for aiming too high and trying to galvanize his harassment squad against an Actual Celebrity with fabricated screenshots of fake tweets

this is like arguing that hackers shouldn't be banned from games because then the general population would miss out on the opportunity to have valuable discussions about allegedly non-violent ethnic cleansings with them

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
When people fade from the limelight and begin to fear their irrelevance they often opt for some desperate attention grabbing like what this developer is doing. Unless he's just a wind up merchant and did this type of shit whilst his star was shining bright. Or perhaps closeted agreement with the views he thinks should get equal footing.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....01/31/jaffes-tweet-on-the-ngp-is-rated-x/amp/

New hardware is like new pussy. It's exciting at first but after you've experienced enough fresh vagina over the years- while there's still always a bit of excitement when something new comes along- you learn that sooner than later, the new and exciting becomes the standard and dependable and so it's best to just stay focused and greatful on what you've got at the moment and if you need to make a change, it'll just happen organically.

Honestly how do you not die of embarrassment after tweeting that

Status
Not open for further replies.