David Jaffe (creator of God of War) has a bone to pick with ResetEra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Awful people on the internet dislike us boohooo
Right? The white nationalists already hate me carte blanche because of my religious so who gives a fuck if they get bothered by what I post here.

So are you saying my drive by post was worse than a direct personal attack to a person?
Go away, or what he said:

Yes. 100%. Get a fucking life in a thread with pages upon pages of context is better than you're disingenuous shit post.

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine a sound mind that is truly thinking about the ethical and moral consequences of the rise of white nationalism and hate would argue for more exposure of those values in the midst of a society already suffering a white nationalist POTUS and the rise of fringe hate groups that have been emboldened and protected by the POTUS.

Today we have school principles instructing their teachers on how to protect students from the rise of bigotry due to the 'Trump Effect' in our schools, but Jaffe believes that the problem in society is that we just aren't fair enough to the influencers that are inflaming that bigotry. Nevermind that children are more vulnerable and our teachers and parents are struggling to protect them in this climate. Nevermind that already vulnerable communities are facing increased antagonism and discrimination due to rightwing voices espousing bigotry and the dehumanization of each other as a justifiable answer to society's problems.

And then he feels indignant about how ResetEra 'hates' him simply for having an opinion, that the negative reaction at ResetEra could be chalked up to a simple case of assholes on a forum being intolerant of differing viewpoints.
Beautifully said. Now try to tell him this and watch him say "Well they're not directly inciting violence and freedom of speech blah blah blah". Talk about ass backwards. It's really sad to see and speaks to a complete misunderstanding of sociology.

Oct 25, 2017
Beautifully said. Now try to tell him this and watch him say "Well they're not directly inciting violence and freedom of speech blah blah blah". Talk about ass backwards. It's really sad to see and speaks to a complete misunderstanding of sociology.
He will add "well if you feel that you should get the laws changed. Some people in Europe swear by their hate speech laws but this is America and we don't need your help'.

That's how he responded to me bringing up those same points.

Oct 27, 2017
So are you saying my drive by post was worse than that direct personal attack to a person?
If the point of your post was to point out that "Get a fucking life Jaffe" is offensive I believe you've failed. Especially when we add in the context of Jaffe's games or Milo and his hate. Seriously is it the expletive that is bothering you particularly or something else? Get a life by itself is rather banal.

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Dev that actually matter don’t.

When was the last time Jaffe was actually relevant ?
To put it into context, Cliffy B., a now retired game developer, is still more relevant than Jaffe. His last successful project that he directed was the original God of War....13 years ago. People don’t give any attention to Ken Levine anymore, nor Cliffy. Why the fuck do we even talk about Jaffe anymore? He’s a relic.

Oct 25, 2017
He will add "well if you feel that you should get the laws changed. Some people in Europe swear by their hate speech laws but this is America and we don't need your help'.

That's how he responded to me bringing up those same points.
Yup I remember that last night. "This is Murica! Where the Laws protect everyone!", says privileged middle aged white man.

Oct 27, 2017
If the point of your post was to point out that "Get a fucking life Jaffe" is offensive I believe you've failed. Especially when we add in the context of Jaffe's games or Milo and his hate. Seriously is it the expletive that is bothering you particularly or something else? Get a life by itself is rather banal.
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy. I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.

Oct 25, 2017
Why does NeoGAF portray Era as the wrong side of this??

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?

Oct 25, 2017
Milo being banned specifically for harassment is fine. But as a far left person I absolutely hate how this echo chamber blows out of proportion non-issues. Deplatforming because you don't agree with someone's viewpoint is what soviets did and a lot of dictators continue to do today.

I completely agree with Jaffe that liberals shouldn't shield people from dissenting opinions and let everyone develop critical thinking on their own being exposed to dissenting opinions. Liberals lose elections (and last November was not a win in my opinion), because they are perceived as thought police and alt-right ends up seeming like a lesser of two evils.
reading through the thread and i just feel the need to call out this silliness in particular

40 house seats not being considered a win is HILARIOUS to me and the way the midterms were reported on is just another example about how the "liberal" media really isn't that liberal

"alt-right seems like the lesser of two evils" - yeah, if you consider calls for ethnic cleansings a fun rhetorical exercise and not an actual threat

Oct 25, 2017

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?
Because they're literally no different than the sites that used to stalk and talk shit about GAF pre exodus.

Oct 29, 2017
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy.
You're accused of shitposting because you posted one user posting a screw you to Jaffe as some sort of symptom of ResetERA's issue. Something that's A) Not unique to ResetEra. B) In the context of Jaffe defending the supposed lost rights of a known bigot.

like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.
The subject in this case being a white supremacist and a bigot known a Milo Y. Why shouldn't people be aggressive? Because it makes you uncomfortable that people care deeply about something other than just gaming?

Oct 25, 2017

Is this true?
lol neogaf is run by a creep, the owner should've been arrested along time ago for what he has done

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy. I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.
Pardon us for getting worked up over the rise, and in particular the defense of, white nationalism.

Oct 25, 2017
Between the GG gaf stuff and Anita he also defended Jon Tron by posting a video the day after Jon said "we shouldn't mix the gene pools" by saying he was being attacked for having a different opinion and "trying on a new hat, politically" and that we should all talk and meet in the middle.

When people called boogie out about the severity of Jon's comments he quickly followed up with another video saying he hadn't actually watched Jon's video and didn't agree with those comments. So he had time to read the outrage, think up a video, film, edit and upload it but not actually watch what the subject he was commenting about.

That's why he is hated here but there is more.

He also started dating a sex worker after his wife left him and the new gf came out saying he would emotionally bully her into saying at his house and looking after him, wouldn't let her do her sex work (even though that's how he met her) and when she would ask for money to live (since he wasn't allowing her to work) he would give her the bare minimum and make her feel bad about it.

He also told someone he was thinking about killing himself so they called the police to check on him and he proceeded to make a video where he was furious about them doing it because it interrupted a date and how he wasn't really gonna kill himself, then said not yet anyway, and basically was a real piece of shit to the person who was simply worried about him.

On top of this, from watching his live streams it seems he has a deep hatred of women, coming out with some seriously questionable comments that you wouldn't see on his usual videos. Such as "people say the clitorus doesn't have a hole but they just aren't trying hard enough. All you need is one of these *pulls out a scalpel*.

There was also a severely suspect comment where he said he didn't want to have kids because he was like his parents and didn't want to do to them what they did to him. In case you aren't aware he was physically and sexually abused by them so it made it sound like he was admitting he had the same issues.

I was a big fan of boogie and looked up to him with regards to his struggles with his upbringing and weight issues but its clear he is a manipulative, angry piece of shit who deserves no sympathy.
Oh damn.

That's actually really hard to hear because I also used to genuinely think Boogie was inspiring because of his struggles with weight loss and his upbringing.

Oct 28, 2017
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy.
Victimizing yourself is cute but no, you are not being accused of shit posting because you didn't say fuck this guy. Utter bullshit.

I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.
You think this thread is aggressive? This is tame.

Oct 25, 2017

Is this true?
Lol why are you still browsing Gaf? And why are you coming here to ask whether what they say is true? Read up on what is happening then make your own conclusion lol

I swear.

Oct 25, 2017
reading through the thread and i just feel the need to call out this silliness in particular

40 house seats not being considered a win is HILARIOUS to me and the way the midterms were reported on is just another example about how the "liberal" media really isn't that liberal
Also lolling @ "people perceive liberals as thought police so they flock to the white nationalists"

Oct 27, 2017
In this thread I am learning that having a zero tolerance policy towards white nationalism is actually a bad thing, and Trump's America actually needs more loud racist people with megaphones and not less

Oct 27, 2017

Is this true?
Look at any political thread on Gaf now and there's your answer.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol why are you still browsing Gaf? And why are you coming here to ask whether what they say is true? Read up on what is happening then make your own conclusion lol

I swear.

I browsed because I kmew theyd have a post about this lol.

Curious others opinions.

Milo is a piece of shit. Period.

Oct 25, 2017
Also lolling @ "people perceive liberals as thought police so they flock to the white nationalists"
and the right-wing perceived me as destroying society by existing, so now i'm going to ACTUALLY destroy society by [reads notes] not subsidizing neo-nazi dumbasses

that'll teach those conservatives to stop calling me a degenerate! lmaoooo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn.

That's actually really hard to hear because I also used to genuinely think Boogie was inspiring because of his struggles with weight loss and his upbringing.
Yeah it was for me too. I didn't see his GG stuff at the time so was still following him but once he went to bat for Jon Tron and his shitty excuse it woke me up and shortly after I stopped following him.

Since then my hatred for him has only grown with the more I have learnt about him. He is extremely emotionally manipulative and when he realises he can't talk his way out of something will start threatening to kill himself and signal for his fans to comfort him. He isn't just naive, he is strategic in his portrayal of himself.

Oct 25, 2017
In this thread I am learning that having a zero tolerance policy towards white nationalism is actually a bad thing, and Trump's America actually needs more loud racist people with megaphones and not less
Look: you have to let white nationalists spew their hate, then the masses will see how It Is Bad and reject it, but also you can't say white nationalism is bad because then you're just driving the masses into the arms of white nationalists.

Dec 28, 2017
I watch his video and I have some hard time to comprehend his devotion to "free speech" when sometimes "free speech" can be the catalyst to catastrophic consequences. I recently became us citizen and I still believe that in some cases "free speech" needs to be cut off. Hate towards someone it's not free speech, it's just hate.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this true?
GAF became a dumpster fire after the owner's sexual assault on a womain was outed. Lots who remained were alt-right assholes, and people who would defend his actions. I recall when it happened, and there was a huge thread there on it as the shit hit the fan, a number of the "reasonable conservatives" decided they had free reign to make outright bigoted statements. I witnessed one of the more well known at the time, supposedly economic conservative, members even flat out decide to call black people monkeys. I haven't looked at it since a bit after I got banned, but it was a really ugly bigoted group that had been left behind.

Oct 25, 2017
if you're upset about people not wanting to listen to hate speech, you don't get to be upset when people are insufficiently gentle with you in return

Oct 27, 2017
So strange how you are focusing on someone saying get a life as harmful and not...you know some of the ACTUAL harmful things Jaffe has said. But ok.
Yes, white nationalism sucks. If he thinks the opposite then HE and only he has to deal with that problem and reflect himself. The issue is that many people on ERA makes it their problem, that is leading to more anger and hate (as seen in this thread with comments like fuck this guy) If he spreads hate, then don't spread it even more. It's a basic principie. I only know this guy because of this thread, for example.

And nobody was hurt with the posts you originally quoted. Stop playing the victim and grow up. Or leave, you won’t be missed!
I love you too.

Orb

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Is this true?
You really shouldn't use NeoGAF as a standard by which to judge anything. The boss over there has fully embraced the shitty "anti-SJW" culture over there and it's become a new breeding ground for racists, misogynists, and all other forms of filth.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this true?
Not even being cheeky, but it all starts with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ResetEra

We left GAF because of Tyler being a piece of shit, and the people who stayed "didn't see the big deal," or "didn't care". All that was left of GAF was a really shitty remnant userbase and no moderation team. So they have a bone to pick with us since we left. Very reactionary stuff.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, white nationalism sucks. If he thinks the opposite then HE and only he has to deal with that problem and reflect himself. The issue is that many people on ERA makes it their problem, that is leading to more anger and hate (as seen in this thread with comments like fuck this guy) If he spreads hate, then don't spread it even more. It's a basic principie. I only know this guy because of this thread, for example.
Wrong. He probably won't ever change, but he will influence with his rhetoric. How do you think people are radicalized in the first place? This is why deplatforming is so important - white nationalists aren't as easily able to spread their message of hate and bigotry, which affects EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.