• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Shame he doesn't like what we have to say. Thank God deplatforming us would be wrong though so I can continue to say things like "fuck off, Jaffe."

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Who gets to decide what hateful means, and who gets to decide what toxic means"

Yeah, sorry this is such a bullshit cop out thing to say.

History has done a pretty good job of defining both of those.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Creator of the old version of God of War :p

Ahem, all these threads about him are only promoting his name. Better to just ignore and move on, at least that's my opinion.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm suddenly enemy number one?" Get a grip, Jaffe. You're not even close to enemy number one. You're douchenozzle number one million, maybe. Hope that helps.

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
Freedom of speech is not the same thing as allowing someone on a commercial platform to spew hate. Milo is free to say what he wants, just as Twitter/YouTube has the right to refuse him to use their service to do so.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this guy?

What games has he come out with in the past 10 years?

Edit:
I'm going to do the annoying this and quote later posts

Here's some reading material for people not familiar with Milo (like David Jaffe):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos#Controversies
In early October 2017, BuzzFeed News published leaked email chains from Yiannopoulos' tenure at Breitbart. According to the report, Yiannopoulos and his ghostwriter Allum Bokhari regularly solicited ideas for stories and comments from people associated with the alt-right and neo-Nazi movements.[7] Among the figures Yiannopoulos contacted were Curtis Yarvin, a central figure of the neoreactionary movement; Devin Saucier, the editor of the white supremacist magazine American Renaissance; Andrew Auernheimer, the administrator of neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer; and Baked Alaska, a commentator known for his anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi tweets.[7] Yiannopoulos also was in contact and received suggestions and texts from individuals in "traditionally liberal professions" such as entertainment and media. Mitchell Sunderland from Vice News emailed Yiannopoulos a link to an article by Lindy West of The New York Times, and requested: "Please mock this fat feminist."[7][143] The report also included a video of Yiannopoulos singing "America the Beautiful" at a karaoke bar, where a crowd of neo-Nazis and white supremacists, including Saucier and Richard B. Spencer, cheered him with the Nazi sieg heil salute.[7][144]

https://mic.com/articles/188697/mil...is-privilege-charity-for-white-men#.ZL6l1nZKh
At first, Yiannopoulos claimed to have raised between $100,000 to $250,000. On Thursday, after allegedly giving away just $25,000, Yiannopoulos confirmed to NBC News that the grant fund is no more. The former website of the Privilege Grant no longer exists, and Yiannopoulos made no further announcements about what will happen to the leftover money, i.e. if he has it, or if it ever even existed.
Good.

This is also the reason why Milo was deplatformed for ignorant people like David Jaffe:
https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/milo-yiannopoulos-resigns-breitbart-pedophilia-1201993063/

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News Amid Pedophilia Controversy
Milo Yiannopoulos, the conservative media personality under fire for comments he made that appeared to condone sex with minors, has resigned from Breitbart News, the platform that has helped boost his popularity on the far right.

"I would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately. This decision is mine alone."

At a press conference, Yiannopoulos, 32, said that he used a "poor choice of words" in a 2016 interview.

In the video, a 2016 episode of podcast "The Drunken Peasants," Yiannopoulos discussed his own experience with sexual assault as a teenager. He argued in the clip that relationships between "younger boys and older men" could be beneficial.

He wasn't deplatformed because of his many instances of transphobia. Nor was he deplatformed because of his hiring of nazis to write for him under his byline. He wasn't deplatformed because of his shitty alt-right views.

He was banned from twitter because he was posting faked homophobic tweets in an attempt to open a prominent actress up for harassment. (source: https://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/12226070/milo-yiannopoulus-twitter-ban-explained)

He was deplatformed because of his defense of pediophilia.

Jaffe, this is who you think should have a platform again.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I feel like the dude's off his rocker. I've watched his streams and he just responds to the dumbest comments and goes off on random tangents. Someone called in to his stream and said "jews did 9/11" and he went off trying to say why its such a dumb statement. Everyone knows its dumb, we don't need an explanation. I genuinely like his games and he himself isn't nasty or rude, but man something happened.

I've called into his streams and it feels incredible hard to keep a convo. up with him.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Shame he doesn't like what we have to say. Thank God deplatforming us would be wrong though so I can continue to say things like "fuck off, Jaffe."

Many in the industry don't, but they don't publicly say anything because of more threads being made where people will complain that they aren't liked.

You only have to look back about 13 months when the old forum died, and many devs openly celebrated its demise (and not because the owner was scummy, but because the forum and discussions themselves were toxic).

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the dumbass demanding the hate speech fucks get a giant platform right? Yeah let's go back in time and look at some history and see how that works out, shit's like a virus. But i forgot, nobody knows history anymore which is why we're repeating it with cheeto fascist wannabe in the White House.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
LOL what the fuck. If he gets bent out of shape over that thread thats all on him. Deplatforming works and people do not deserve to be making money off youtube/twitter by flaring up hate.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first 2 minutes of that don't have the time but I agree with how knee jerk people were in that other thread about him. Just because he doesn't share your view doesn't automatically make him a bad person.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first 2 minutes of that don't have the time but I agree with how knee jerk people were in that other thread about him. Just because he doesn't share your view doesn't automatically make him a bad person.

Wanting to give a platform to alt-right fascists is grounds for being a bad person.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This guy loves the attention. If he was actually bothered by any of this, he'd be retreating, not picking fights with individual users.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The walking embodiment of

yhzilwN.png

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
How'd it even get to this point? Like I went from finding out Jaffe was streaming with his AAA video to him debating fools like he's Destiny?

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017

This was my problem with the reaction. Jaffe is really liberal and he said one stupid thing (and unfortunately is trying to defend his stance) and it triggered ResetEra. But that's the world we live in these days unfortunately.

Oct 29, 2017
"Who gets to decide what hateful means, and who gets to decide what toxic means"

Yeah, sorry this is such a bullshit cop out thing to say.

History has done a pretty good job of defining both of those.

"My opinion is trash, so I am going to muddy the ethical waters so I don't have to defend it!"

So brave and principled, David. I'll just stick with the "pedants" who don't sympathize with white nationalists or want to give them a platform, thanks.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan but... this was sorta entertaining lol.

I dunno I admit I haven't followed this closely enough to weigh in on the right or wrong of this but he sounds pretty indignant. Maybe he did just express himself in the wrong way and people ran with it.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That can't be a real quote. Can't even be a real paraphrase. No one's that stupid.

I wish I were making it up. That's where I stopped the video.

Look Jaffe, if you're reading this, I wasn't subscribed to the current events on this whole matter involving you. I didn't jump on any hatewagon and have nothing invested one way or the other aside from the fact that I believe evil has been allowed to thrive in this world because of the platforms its representatives have been given. History has proven this time and again, which makes a lot of what you're saying objectively wrong.

But that statement "Who gets to decide what hateful means, who gets to decide what toxic means?"

That is the stupidest fucking thing I've heard all week. So hats off to you, sir.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my problem with the reaction. Jaffe is really liberal and he said one stupid thing (and unfortunately is trying to defend his stance) and it triggered ResetEra. But that's the world we live in these days unfortunately.

Nothing is more terrible than holding people accountable for what they say.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Yeah, there's a bunch of dumb people in this place who'll say dumb shit. Nothing new.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
yeah after watching this video I kind of get the feeling something's not right. There's no reason for someone of his accomplishments and resume to be stooping to this pandering streamer commentary hot-take bullshit. Is he having a mid-life crisis? Go home and be a family man, Jaffe. Don't be a Boogie.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Many in the industry don't, but they don't publicly say anything because of more threads being made where people will complain that they aren't liked.

You only have to look back about 13 months when the old forum died, and many devs openly celebrated its demise (and not because the owner was scummy, but because the forum and discussions themselves were toxic).

I was not aware devs hated the old forum so much. Got screencaps? and why would they hate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.