• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, finally looked him up cuz I was worried he had a part to play in the God of War game that came out this year.

Don't really care about what some dude whose last game was Drawn to Death has to say.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Pe8A9Gc.png
Go to twitter.com/nero to find out

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Believe in what you say, but be open minded. If you get a ton of people telling you you're wrong, it might be time to rethink some of these stances.

His twitter likes aren't very high. Even his own followers don't seem to agree.

There's a ton of GG idiots who say the people with our beliefs are wrong. Are you willing to be open minded to them because a lot say we're wrong?

Of course not. And that's the same mindset they have when we try to say they're wrong.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
"We should give far right extremists a platform, so then people will hear how crazy they are and turn against them!"

bRgO6.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
[/QUOTE]
Dude...you don't even want to know. He was a self hating gay man that likes to troll for the far right for money.

Just be glad that he's gone now. He was some of the scummiest the GG generation has to offer.

Speaking of Milo and Gamergate, Milo looked down on people who play video games and didn't even play a video game until he had been supporting Gamergate for a while (while denouncing Anita as a fake gamer the whole time, of course).

Milo probably doesn't even respect Jaffe's profession. That's the guy that (former? what's he doing now?) video game developer David Jaffe supported before his beef with a video game forum.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also I like how developers says that they hate ResetEra because they can be a bit hostile towards them.

So why aren't they like .... against video game forums as a whole then? To say gaming forums in general aren't toxic cesspools would be an understatement

Hmmmmmmmmmm

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Did any of us 'go at him'? Like, we just had a chat about an idea we thought was stupid. That makes us China and Russia? Ooooookay.

When alt right websites bitched about stuff I've said, in their own weird slowly eroding corner of the internet... I didn't mistake that for someone coming at me, as many alt right twats do, via doxxing and stalking and swatting, et al.

What Twitter (and... oooh... Reset Era) get to decide, is the kind of speech they think is toxic and who they want on their service.

Alt right ding dongs CAN and DO go to public spaces and spew their nonsense. You don't need to take a civics class to learn what the second amendment protects. If Jaffe thinks Twitter can't ban Nazis I'd love to know where the hell he gets that idea.

'Don't come at me'

We didn't. Cause you aren't worth it.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is such a foolish video in so many ways. He is just so damn wrong it is frustrating. The idea that someone like Milo isn't dangerous unless he is taken to court and it is legally established that he is is complete nonsense. The hate people like him create and spread is very real, and the extent of it is unknowable. People like him normalizing hate is the kind of shit that corrupts large parts of society in a way that lasts generations.

I don't rely on legal systems to decide what is wrong and right. Who gets to decide what is hate and what is toxic? We fucking do. Every one of us. It's that simple.

Oct 25, 2017
Bigots getting deplatformed is awesome.

Jaffe doesn't seem like a bad person from watching the video, but saying shit like the "alt-left" is super ignorant, but whatever, this super doesn't matter in general.

tombraiders

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (permanent): Attacking forum members. Trolling.
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
He was fired for "bad phrasing" of 6 words out of a 20 minute speech where his intent was extremely clear, when CNN has people who deny climate change on casually. I don't believe you.

Not just bad, extremely bad. A phased that is used to call for the destruction of a whole country. His speech was in front of the UN, he should of known better.
People been fired from their jobs for saying things not even nearly as bad.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Honeslty, I think the best thing to do is just ignore him. This is exactly what he wants.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course he does. The guy can't even accept criticism from someone like Bosman.

Also I like how developers says that they hate ResetEra because they can be a bit hostile towards them.

So why aren't they like .... against video game forums as a whole then? To say gaming forums in general aren't toxic cesspools would be an understatement
In my experience they are.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.
This is going to go down well.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Jaffe keeps making videos, this spat is entertaining. And he does bring up a lot of good points.

The presentation of his vids is throwing me off though, looks very trashy for lack of a better word lol ( Call Now! )

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe,

its-time-to-stop-posting-1482243.png

You're contradicting yourself more with everything you say, save yourself the embarrassment.

Oct 25, 2017
who could have expected this from david jaffe

david "hillary could do more harm than trump" jaffe:
coqmmu-viaaayq0ywstw.jpg

(read from bottom up)

david "I fundamentally agree with a lot of the things that a number of the people who claim to support Gamergate agree with" jaffe

david "new [gaming] hardware is like new pussy" jaffe

david "women should use guns so they don't get raped" jaffe

or david "Wait, what are you saying? I didn't catch that cause I was distracted by the pussy on your face" (directed at female gaffer) jaffe

What

the

ever

living

fuck

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

0/10 try harder

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, up there with GamerGate in toxicity eh? Someone explain to me again why i need to tolerate people both-sidsing away intolerant racism by claiming intolerance?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
who could have expected this from david jaffe

david "hillary could do more harm than trump" jaffe:
coqmmu-viaaayq0ywstw.jpg

(read from bottom up)

david "I fundamentally agree with a lot of the things that a number of the people who claim to support Gamergate agree with" jaffe

david "new [gaming] hardware is like new pussy" jaffe

david "women should use guns so they don't get raped" jaffe

or david "Wait, what are you saying? I didn't catch that cause I was distracted by the pussy on your face" (directed at female gaffer) jaffe

Oh god how did I miss this. Okay someone do a debate with him and bring this up. Yes it will derail any other discussion but I need to know if he will say he was wrong or double down.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Lmao... Debaaattteee meeeee. What a fucking dork

"Jaffe was making a point about free speech!" is as stupid a fucking deflection as "the Civil War was about state's rights!"

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Respectful" lmao
Have you actually seen his Twitter in the last couple of days? Dude has constantly went on personal attacks and insults at everyone that disagreed with him on Twitter, while refusing to address any of the points in the conversations.
You seemingly haven't watched this video either, because he also goes into personal attacks and unrelated tangents on this
Lmao
At least do some research before you go on shitposting

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
100% of the people in resetera are a hivemind, except all of those resetera people who are always posting that it's a hivemind

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

see:

People seem to misunderstand. Milo didn't disappear because of being deplatformed. If anything that empowered him. He disappeared because he said one too many idiotic things and people began to see behind his character and image. Free speech is important because you need to trust that in the battle of ideas good will win against evil and intelligence against stupidity and ignorance. Before we started censoring people white supremacists and all manner of horrible people with horrible opinions were dying out. But now they are on the rise again because people think they have something important to say because they are being shut down. They don't and never did. Before they were silenced by thoughtful and intelligent arguments and they were free to speak and expose their own disgusting and unintelligent views. Milo isn't alt-right (even though he ignorantly called himself that) or a nazi, but he is a stupid drama queen, troll and divider. Don't trust him, but also recognise that just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them a nazi or alt-right. If we allow these horrible people to speak freely, then they will most certainly die out faster.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Carrying water for a racist pedophile advocate tends to unite people

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
There's a ton of GG idiots who say the people with our beliefs are wrong. Are you willing to be open minded to them because a lot say we're wrong?

Of course not. And that's the same mindset they have when we try to say they're wrong.

My point was that there is an overwhelmingly large amount that disagree and very few that agree. Not analogous to GG and non GG imo.

And if one side has merit that makes all the difference in the world. Hating women in games journalism doesn't have merit. Arguing for Milos right to talk and telling Era to shut up, doesn't have merit lol

I get what you're saying to a degree though.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Apparently he wasted no time at all calling out someone in resetera: https://www.resetera.com/threads/phantom-thief-vs-david-jaffe.85350/
I don't get how that tweet is calling someone out. I see it as an invite to talk about it.

I have always been a fan of his work, but to me, as most here, Jaffe's point of view is wrong.

Deplatforming needs to be a way to fight these racist, fascist cunts, and the first amendment as it is, is trash.
You need to protect human beings before you protect hate speech.
Giving people like that a "loud and proud" voice is literally dangerous to lives.

For fuck's sake, last month people were sent fucking bombs in the mail because someone was eating this shit up, David.

Era has a very "you're in or you're an asshole" attitude that make the place sound like it's full of stuck up cunts. But this is an easy side to take. You're better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.