• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is why hate speech in the United States need to be expanded. White Nationalism is literally calling for the removal of PoC because spoiled white people feel threatened for the first time because equality means they can't rule over black and brown people anymore. Jaffe, you want some equality? Maybe listen to PoC and women about how shit they are continually treated instead of propping up some spoiled bitch babies scared of losing their privilege.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
This is great because I literally just listened to Denis Dyack's insane hour-long 1UP Yours NeoGAF rant a couple days ago.

Oct 30, 2017
Whether he's right or wrong can any of you recognize how big of bullies you are. This place is so toxic and the posters causing the toxicity believe they're the moral standard. It's so sickening. Leave the man alone for fucks sake.

Yeah, I come for the news and updates. Usually leave disturbed by how hateful members can be here. I dont spend a lot of time on the internet outside of Era and researching things, but the poorest of my interactions with other humans is always reading Era. Would love to see a parody of what real life would be if Era was a society.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"We should give far right extremists a platform, so then people will hear how crazy they are and turn against them!"

bRgO6.png
I mean based on those tweets early, the guy apparently thinks Hilary was worse than Hitler, the man who caused the death of countless lives through both a war of world conquest and FUCKING GENOCIDE, so he probably doesn't see the problem with this

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched Jaffes video and... no lies detected.

Seriously. Milo had platforms that exposed what he stood for. He subsequently burnt out pretty quick. Now he's begging for donations. The greatest way to expose a bad idea is to shine light on it. The deplatforming idea is just not forward thinking at all. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Yeah no. We have examples that deplatforming works. Milo and Alex Jones.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha. It's fine to hate the guy, but people revel in the hate and then start making fun of his career.

Let's go easy on Twisted Metal and God of War. Those are dope franchises. Also, people are way to mean about Drawn to Death, yeesh. That kind of map and powers design was Twisted Metal to the core, and now that stuff doesn't really exist anymore. Makes me sad.

I wish Jaffe would direct a new game. Not sure if these stream are help his chances at getting those opportunities.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017

Seriously. Milo had platforms that exposed what he stood for. He subsequently burnt out pretty quick. Now he's begging for donations. The greatest way to expose a bad idea is to shine light on it. The deplatforming idea is just not forward thinking at all. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.
And Trump is the president of the USA. 🇺🇸

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether he's right or wrong can any of you recognize how big of bullies you are. This place is so toxic and the posters causing the toxicity believe they're the moral standard. It's so sickening. Leave the man alone for fucks sake.
Hi Mr 61 posts, listen, feel free to leave, you clearly hate it here.

Also, MORAL STANDARD is when you defend a person's right to be treated fairly and equally and not have that be decided by gender or race or whatever other imaginary barrier people full of hatred like to gin up.

People that assault that MORAL STANDARD are rightfully called out and then shut down when they double down on it.

It's telling all you folks chiming in right now glance over this very simple, and realistic fact.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Resetera is very much governed like Singapore. I think this is very much a clash with the American values of free speech. I have no problem with how a person or community govern themselves, but it's totally disappointing when we judge someone and treat them as a bad person with just one comment of their entire live.

Lmao

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boy it's pretty odd that a bunch of year old accounts that barely post decided to come to this thread to say how resetera are actually the real bad guys.

Hmmmmmmm...

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
This forum won't admit it, but there is definitely something to be said about the way arguments are handled around here. Even the mods strawman lol and anytime there is something remotely controversial people literally get by just using buzz words.

Although, Milo really isn't a hill to die on.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The deplatforming idea just closed his patreon account and prevented him from getting donations

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with some points, disagree with others.

I agree that ResetEra has many many "alt-left"/extreme type posters for example. That's clearly fostered by the current mod team. That's how it will be anywhere there's a medium sized community whether it's here, that other place, amongst subreddits etc.

I disagree that we can't publically decide who is or isn't "toxic" to an extent. Obviously the law has the final say on things such as hate speech, but it obviously should be called out when it's there.

Leaving the rest of this post aside, I'm just going to point out that "alt-right" is not a general term for part of the political spectrum, it was a specific name created by Neo-Nazis to rebrand themselves as a legitimate movement. There is no "alt-left" because the real world does not work like The Dark Crystal where everything that happens to one side also happens to the other in equal measure.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just listened to Jaffe's whole thing while shaving.

If I was talking to him I'd explain the reason hate speech needs to be deplatformed is because it has actual negative consequences and victims. Hate speech doesn't just exist in a vacuum. Not all people can listen to it and just walk away, look at what happened in Germany. It will attract people and there will be victims due to the individuals that feel empowered by this hate speech. this is why it must be resisted, contained, shut down, whatever. Humanity has many dark spots that can easily be exploited.

I'd also ask him why the fuck Twisted Metal on PS3 never got its online fixed.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Milo proves that deplatforming works! Holy shit.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This entire thing feels like he's using his own descend into madness as an example for why we should let fools expose themselves but now he's too deep.

What an utterly stupid man.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the problem with Era is a lot of people are so invested in the personal lives and political stances of industry/gaming press people, while others don't really give a shit. So you have people getting all mad because someone likes X creator/dev that offended them.

For example, take Colin Moriarty. I listened to this dude on the PS I Love You podcast and enjoyed his takes on games the most of the crew. Also thought he was super well spoken and brought a lot of interesting stuff to the podcast. I didn't and still don't give a fuck about his political views, not even enough to know what they are because that's not the content I'm looking for from Colin Moriarty.

Apparently that's not okay to some people. You have to be awre of and agree with a person's political/social views before you can enjoy their work/content.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Boy it's pretty odd that a bunch of year old accounts that barely post decided to come to this thread to say how resetera are actually the real bad guys.

Hmmmmmmm...
We're a totalitarian dictatorship that would ruin their lives if they posted here, but we're also forcing them to be here.
It's time for gamers to rise up against the all encompassing evil that is ResetEra!

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.

You're jumping into the middle of a self-aggrandising first-year contrarianism tirade that Jaffe has been carrying on for a while now, so here's some cliff-notes to get you caught up:

He doesn't debate in good faith, dodges questions, and when finally pinned down resorts to edgy insults.

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO
The dude is the one defending nazi pedophiles on Twitter and going on personal attacks to anyone who disagrees. People will have opinions on that , and they will share that opinion. "Bully" lmao

Disagreeing is fine but posters here spew hundreds of comments calling Jaffe names. I just imagine what it would be like in someone else's shoes. We get it, he said something wrong but there isn't a need for multiple threads to just rip into the man like he doesn't have any feelings at all. Hot damn, any empathy in your body? Just calm down and disagree in a professional manner, is that so difficult?

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like both of you having less than 50 messages over a year is not some random coincidence.

hating people who dont post too much is the new "hating on anime avatar"?

Ive been here since site launch and jn the other side for 5 years before that. I simply am not too big of a talker. Im here for the news.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leaving the rest of this post aside, I'm just going to point out that "alt-right" is not a general term for part of the political, it was a term created by Neo-Nazis to rebrand themselves as a legitimate movement. There is no "alt-left" because the real world does not work like The Dark Crystal where everything that happens to one side also happens to the other.
Right I'm saying "alt-left" as it's the term Jaffe uses in the video.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Lets see what Milo has to say about deplatforming shall we?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He burnt out because he was deplatformed. And exposing what he stood for has caused many, many people to be hurt in the process through his campaigns of harassment and hate. I frankly don't care about him getting his comeuppance as such, him being hurt does not inherently help anyone in and of itself. But stopping the spread of his hateful views absolutely helps tons of people, both the direct targets of his harassment and through the fact that many people grew attached to the vile shit he spewed and used it to inform their own world views. And remember, it wasn't being a nazi that hurt him at all. Not being a homophobe or a transphobe either. He only fell because he was a straight up pedophile.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Mr 61 posts, listen, feel free to leave, you clearly hate it here.

Also, MORAL STANDARD is when you defend a person's right to be treated fairly and equally and not have that be decided by gender or race or whatever other imaginary barrier people full of hatred like to gin up.

People that assault that MORAL STANDARD are rightfully called out and then shut down when they double down on it.

It's telling all you folks chiming in right now glance over this very simple, and realistic fact.

I'm sorry I don't post more, I prefer to read here than anything else. I knew you'd bring up my number of posts though, seems like that's what all toxic people do

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basically "look, maybe I'm wrong, but it's the way they said it." Which I can understand from the average "somebody said something less than stellar" threads I read here.

Don't worry about it Jaffe, Bernie Sanders was shat upon in a scorched earth, bile spewing thread here not too long ago, you are in good company.

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017

I've been too busy playing as David's self-insert through the entire Twisted Metal back catalogue to spend time being bullied by pedophile freedom warriors over the Internet.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Worked for Alex Jones, guy is less relevant then ever. Also worked for everyone else that got deplatformed. Look at YouTube and the alt right shitstorm that's been going on for 3 years. When is that shot going to end without YouTube stepping in.

Destiny constantly debated and disproved their talking points yet they used fake statistics, straw man arguements and "that's not what I experienced". For over a year he debated large name youtubers but never stopped them or their followings from growing

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Okay and what the fuck does that have to do with me? I'm saying jaffe is a clown and the cats here who pull the trigger on Nazi, alt right, Alex Jones, n such are absurd. This isn't some A or B thing. The correct answer is C both of the above.

If you are arguing one is worse than the other? Sure I never argued otherwise. But the lesser stupid thing isn't suddenly not stupid.
Jaffe is out there high fiving 1984 comments. So honestly I don't feel bad for him that people are making nazi comments. It's clear he doesn't want to engage in any reasonable manner so why should people respond to him in a reasonable manner.

Jaffe is also not some random ass internet poster and using a position of influence so There would naturally have a higher bar of posting for him. Your basically pulling a Fox News and both sides bullshit argument with "see see look at that sucky random person". Both sides are bad!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

These alt accounts coming out of the woodwork.

Also FFS he started this shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Kyle used to have a segement on Geoff Keighleys old YouTube show. Drawn to death was a running joke in the segment.
Jaffe got real mad...
At PSX that year Jaffe and Colin Moriarty even tried to publicly humiliate Kyle live on stage, then Shuhei came out and shut them both up by saying he loves Kyle Bosman and thinks hes hilarious.
lol i went and searched for this now

it's here:

jaffe starts whining about bosman and wario64 (lol) at 17:52

and shu comes in and at 42:22 defends kyle like a fucking boss

the way KF responds is kinda shameful. they enthusiastically go along with calling kyle a troll when they're speaking with jaffe, then when shu ia coming on to defend him they try to change the topic as quickly as possible. it's kinda funny to see. i guess they were really hurt by kyle's "i think they're less than kinda funny" quip that one time

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hating people who dont post too much is the new "hating on anime avatar"?

Ive been here since site launch and jn the other side for 5 years before that. I simply am not too big of a talker. Im here for the news.
People who have been here since launch (when you didn't need a paid email to join) and have super small post counts are incredibly suspicious because 9/10 times they're alt accounts by trolls that only come out of the wood works for threads like these

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the problem with Era is a lot of people are so invested in the personal lives and political stances of industry/gaming press people, while others don't really give a shit. So you have people getting all mad because someone likes X creator/dev that offended them.

For example, take Colin Moriarty. I listened to this dude on the PS I Love You podcast and enjoyed his takes on games the most of the crew. Also thought he was super well spoken and brought a lot of interesting stuff to the podcast. I didn't and still don't give a fuck about his political views, not even enough to know what they are because that's not the content I'm looking for from Colin Moriarty.

Apparently that's not okay to some people. You have to be awre of and agree with a person's political/social views before you can enjoy their work/content.
This is literally the same for not listening to an musician or seeing a movie because of the composer/director political views.

There are people who will be okay with separating the art from the creator and there are people who will not. Don't try to bullshit into saying that people who won't stand for someone because of their political agenda is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.