• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Not when you're banned and are forced back to Gaf.

Perhaps he's immune to bans as well? I suspect we're about to find out.

...If you're so keen on separating the art from the artist, why would go into a thread that is 100% about the artist and make a post that is 100% about the art?

Because otherwise how could they inform everyone else that they're enlightened enough to separate them?

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You: "I think we should have a sensible reasoned discussion about these issues"
Also you: "But Feminists (a loosely defined label that has different meanings to everybody) are a hate group and should be banned outright"
People like him are all full of shit. They have no interest in freedom of speech and the open exchange of ideas. They only want freedom of their speech and their ideas. Just like the scumbag Republicans in Wisconsin, it's only ok if it's what they agree with. Otherwise, go fuck yourself. So yeah, they can take their own advice and go fuck themselves.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't agree with this, Ares DID betray Krato's trust, and imo kratos CAN say that ares betrayed him, even as a slave, which btw isn't even what I would call the de facto kratos-ares relationship, Kratos very much enjoyed being his "slave" up until that brutal day and it was clear that there was an understanding between them, so betrayal(of trust) is an appropriate term in this case(imo).
Okay, so...if I were to tell you that you just betrayed me right now, because you're still arguing with me. I believe my argument was convincing, and that carried the implication that you should be agreeing with me right now. But you're not, and your supposed to. So I feel that you are effectively betraying me, because you betrayed my expectations, right?

Does this mean you actually betrayed me, or am I making up bullshit? Because if it's the latter, then that's basically what Kratos did.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milo doesn't deserve a platform not just because of the shit he spews or the shit he's done, but also because he's a charlatan who enjoys being a contrarian even when his views clearly contradict his life style. He's a joke of an activist that for some reason garnered unwarranted attention.

That said, this forum definitely needs to allow discussions between the left and the right with the latter not feeling prejudiced against.

And I know for a fucking fact that some idiots will read that as "I want neo nazis to have a platform on Era". Some people can't differentiate between a valid query/point of view and bigotry.

A balance must be enforced. Otherwise this place will become just another internet echo chamber.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Milo doesn't deserve a platform not just because of the shit he spews or the shit he's done, but also because he's a charlatan who enjoys being a contrarian even when his views clearly contradict his life style. He's a joke of an activist that for some reason garnered unwarranted attention.

That said, this forum definitely needs to allow discussions between the left and the right with the latter not feeling prejudiced against.

And I know for a fucking fact that some idiots will read that as "I want neo nazis to have a platform on Era". Some people can't differentiate between a valid query/point of view and bigotry.

A balance must be enforced. Otherwise this place will become just another internet echo chamber.
Tell me the views that the right have that are worth discussing.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone mentioned that Milo's fall was caused not by his bigotry, but by his unrelated comments about how grown ass men having sex with 13 year old boys could be a good thing for the boys? And how his sponsors either died or left him after those remarks and left him penniless? And if not for a young conservative Canadian girl digging up old podcasts, he'd still have a platform because of his hate speech, and not in spite of it? Oh, you guys have mentioned it? Well I'm just gonna leave this here.

Edit: Top of a new page, nice.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone mentioned that Milo's fall was caused not by his bigotry, but by his unrelated comments about how grown ass men having sex with 13 year old boys could be a good thing for the boys? And how his sponsors either died or left him after those remarks and left him penniless? And if not for a young conservative Canadian girl digging up old podcasts, he'd still have a platform because of his hate speech, and not in spite of it? Oh, you guys have mentioned it? Well I'm just gonna leave this here.

Edit: Top of a new page, nice.
Yeah, I mentioned that here

-----------------------------------
This is also the reason why Milo was deplatformed for ignorant people like David Jaffe:
https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/milo-yiannopoulos-resigns-breitbart-pedophilia-1201993063/
Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News Amid Pedophilia Controversy
Milo Yiannopoulos, the conservative media personality under fire for comments he made that appeared to condone sex with minors, has resigned from Breitbart News, the platform that has helped boost his popularity on the far right.

"I would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately. This decision is mine alone."

At a press conference, Yiannopoulos, 32, said that he used a "poor choice of words" in a 2016 interview.

In the video, a 2016 episode of podcast "The Drunken Peasants," Yiannopoulos discussed his own experience with sexual assault as a teenager. He argued in the clip that relationships between "younger boys and older men" could be beneficial.

He wasn't deplatformed because of his many instances of transphobia. Nor was he deplatformed because of his hiring of nazis to write for him under his byline. He wasn't deplatformed because of his shitty alt-right views.

He was banned from twitter because he was posting faked homophobic tweets in an attempt to open a prominent actress up for harassment. (source: https://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/12226070/milo-yiannopoulus-twitter-ban-explained)

He was deplatformed because of his defense of pediophilia.

Jaffe, this is who you think should have a platform again.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
yeah, its been brought up before

he'd still have a healthy, active platform and money to burn today with all his bigotry and racism if not for that

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

So we can become a literal cesspool like GAF? Go spend 5 minutes browsing that place then come back and tell me if you still think that's good idea.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
sure, provided that the "right" is actually "right" and not "white fragility: the motion picture"

(i.e., this is pretty much a no-win condition for the foreseeable future because American conservatism is literally just a thinly veiled excuse for white people to pretend they're persecuted)
That's a weird ass post to characterize Era and hold it accountable for, even ignoring the fact he was banned for five days for posting that.
i mean, this forum *does* kind of have a recurring problem where shitheads with demonstrable histories of the exact same behavior on The Nazi Circlejerk Formerly Known As NeoGAF get, like, a week-long ban for shit we already know will get them perma'd eight days later

like, might as well cut out the middleban

Last edited:

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

There has never not been a balance. The problem is people on the right using veiled rhetoric so as to come off as disingenuous and or being too afraid that their views(which lets face it are often antithetical to equality for all) will get them banned.

No one here would call for a ban if people legitimately asked questions about homosexuality or trans issues or why minorities face greater levels of systemic oppression. But those questions rarely get asked. The only discourse arises when someone(presumably) from the left raises an issue or concern and then centrists and right leaning individuals chime in with non sequiturs, what aboutism, and other fallacies EVEN after being informed that their opinion is harmful or their logic flawed.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Because otherwise how could they inform everyone else that they're enlightened enough to separate them?

Honestly, the saddest part of this is that we've got other assholes who are lurking around here and know that what they think is heinous, so they just say something tangential to praise Jaffe because they're afraid of the consequences of agreeing. Maybe I've assumed to much of them, but I don't think they believe they're being sly. We all know what they're doing. It's not inconspicuous at all. But this is all they can manage through their cowardice. It's the most impotent attempt at rebellion. It's about as pathetic as it gets.

JoduanER2 up there knows he fucked up now and is probably getting the boot and is just milking it for as much attention he can get before he goes. I think that's pathetic in that he's acting like a thirteen year old, but that's probably the level he's on, so he's achieved his manchild potential.

Granted, the former case means that the rules are doing their job.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Why? there are a bunch of other right leaning forums to browse I don't see a issue with one that primarily leans left.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Hahaha so much salt. I dont care keep going, im inmune.
sfns6.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised, like at all. I mean the original Kratos was like an alt right super hero. Testosterone dudebro that runs around beating the shit out of elites and banging promiscuous women.

What else has he made besides edgelord shit like twisted metal?

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I miss red ban banners
Same. Honestly, it's good to see what kind of things people get banned for. There have been a few times where I read one and was like, "I could see myself doing something like that."

I feel they're helpful and give a much better idea about the culture of the board and what will warrant a ban than the ToS.

Also, there's the entertainment factor. I thought this place would be a graveyard... and maybe it is. But that's what I came in here to see. Scroll to see what happened and who did what.

Hefty

Nov 9, 2018
Okay, so...if I were to tell you that you just betrayed me right now, because you're still arguing with me. I believe my argument was convincing, and that carried the implication that you should be agreeing with me right now. But you're not, and your supposed to. So I feel that you are effectively betraying me, because you betrayed my expectations, right?

Does this mean you actually betrayed me, or am I making up bullshit? Because if it's the latter, then that's basically what Kratos did.
i don't think "betraying your expectations" is even remotely comparable to "betraying Kratos's trust", since I consider Kratos's trust in Ares to be completely different from your expectations towards me since the nature of their relationship is vastly different from ours, but sure, you can say that i betrayed your expectations, i see nothing wrong in saying that lol.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Honestly, it's good to see what kind of things people get banned for. There have been a few times where I read one and was like, "I could see myself doing something like that."

I feel they're helpful and give a much better idea about the culture of the board and what will warrant a ban than the ToS.

Also, there's the entertainment factor. I though this place would be a graveyard... and maybe it is. But that's what I came in here to see. Scroll to see what happened and who did what.
The ban message is still there it is just indistinguishable from a regular post.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David Jaffe is an alt right piece of shit who would see me thrown in an oven before he dare tell a nazi that their views are not welcome in any public or private forum

Brawlz

Banned
May 18, 2018
...If you're so keen on separating the art from the artist, why would go into a thread that is 100% about the artist and make a post that is 100% about the art?
First off, I thank you for not retorting with derogatory insults.

Second, I responded because I know exactly how these threads go with the "Artist" and the "Art". A lot of individuals, especially on Reset, love to align themselves with the notion that unless the artist succumbs and/or follows the same "logical" political view as themselves, they feel truly entitled and gang-up on individuals, and artist, not directly related to Jaffe (I'm making a generalized statement here) who make the decision not to do so. If anything, that's quite inhumane and disingenuous.

That, and I scrolled past the post and thought I'd make a quip.

Edit: Pretty sure this is going to get me banned, but I rather be brutally honest.

7upguy

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Trolling. Attacking the community. Account in Junior Phase.
Finally, some one had to call out Resetera for being such a toxic forum. The hive mind here instantly starts name calling when anyone expresses and opinion slightly different than theirs. By Resetera's standards 99% of people in the world are a piece of shit, alt-right, racist, facist, white supremacist, nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.