• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
First off, I thank you for not retorting with derogatory insults.

Second, I responded because I know exactly how these threads go with the "Artist" and the "Art". A lot of individuals, especially on Reset, love to align themselves with the notion that unless the artist succumbs and/or follows the same "logical" political view as themselves, they feel truly entitled and gang-up on individuals, and artist, not directly related to Jaffe (I'm making a generalized statement here) who make the decision not to do so. If anything, that's quite inhumane and disingenuous.

That, and I scrolled past the post and thought I'd make a quip.

Edit: Pretty sure this is going to get me banned, but I rather be brutally honest.

Is "quip" the way you describe "shitpost".

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, some one had to call out Resetera for being such a toxic forum. The hive mind here instantly starts name calling when anyone expresses and opinion slightly different than theirs. By Resetera's standards 99% of people in the world are a piece of shit, alt-right, racist, facist, white supremacist, nazi.
So does the new GAF think 99% of people in the world are SJW cucks now?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Finally, some one had to call out Resetera for being such a toxic forum. The hive mind here instantly starts name calling when anyone expresses and opinion slightly different than theirs. By Resetera's standards 99% of people in the world are a piece of shit, alt-right, racist, facist, white supremacist, nazi.
no, only people who express piece of shit, alt-right, racist, fascist, white supremacist, nazi opinions

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean...when you don't have moderation like Era, and Era is far from the "far" left that other shitholes on the internet say it is, you see the type of stuff people post. And, welp, pretty much confirms that in gaming circles, people are okay with being alt-right, pieces of shit.

So many of ya'll fight for the right for others to be assholes and ignore the people it hurts.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Milo literally is those things. So it doesn't quite work here.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think "betraying your expectations" is even remotely comparable to "betraying Kratos's trust", since I consider Kratos's trust in Ares to be completely different from your expectations towards me since the nature of their relationship is vastly different from ours, but sure, you can say that i betrayed your expectations, i see nothing wrong in saying that lol.
You're right, it's not comparable, because it's actually the exact same concept. Kratos, bless his heart, for whatever reason expected for Ares to care for him as a comrade, and that's the source of his betrayal. Like, what else are you suggesting here? That, offscreen, he and Ares had long, meaningful nights of brotherly companionship that are just never mentioned? Their relationship is exactly has been described. Kratos begs Ares to save him in exchange for eternal servitude, Ares agrees, Kratos goes on campaigns for him, then Ares deceives him with that one village, and Kratos spends the rest of the time hating Ares. Those are literally all the scenes we have of them together before the main game starts. As far as we're told, Kratos has no basis whatsoever to believe Ares to care for him as anything but a tool, but for some reason he expects some kind of alliance.

That's just delusional, as delusional as I would be to think that you betrayed me just because you didn't conform to my expectations.

Which, btw, you didn't quite address the comparison either. The assertion I'm making isn't that you merely betrayed my expectations, but that you betrayed me, personally, as a friend, because you betrayed my expectations. That's what Kratos actually did. "Betrayed my expectations" isn't a real betrayal, it's just a turn of phrase to say that things didn't go how you thought they would.

So, just to be clear, would you say that I would be reasonable in saying you betrayed me, as my friend, here and now, because you aren't giving into my argument? Spoiler, no, because we aren't friends and your not obligated to agree with me. It would be delusional for me to say so, and any feelings of betrayal I had over it would be bullshit because there is no actual trust, it'd just be me being nonsensical, and that's what Kratos did with Ares.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol that GAF thread sure is something. And why am I not surprised to see Tyler "(she's bi)" Malka having Jaffe's back?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
First off, I thank you for not retorting with derogatory insults.

Second, I responded because I know exactly how these threads go with the "Artist" and the "Art". A lot of individuals, especially on Reset, love to align themselves with the notion that unless the artist succumbs and/or follows the same "logical" political view as themselves, they feel truly entitled and gang-up on individuals, and artist, not directly related to Jaffe (I'm making a generalized statement here) who make the decision not to do so. If anything, that's quite inhumane and disingenuous.

That, and I scrolled past the post and thought I'd make a quip.

Edit: Pretty sure this is going to get me banned, but I rather be brutally honest.

Okay, so I'm going to have to follow up with this. Why did you make a post about separating the art from the artist when this thread has absolutely nothing to do with that to begin with? This is not a thread about Twisted Metal or God of War, and there is no reason why people's opinions about these games even has to come up in order for you to engage in the topic.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Finally! He was only beaten by a numerous amount of people.

And those people were usually shithead nazis.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

I think making this accusation in a topic where the central figure being discussed legitimately is all/most of those things doesn't help the point you're trying to raise. You're mis-using "name calling" in a case where it's the appropriate term to use ,and deriding completely natural criticism of those things as itself unreasonable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lmao as if being drastically, objectively wrong on social issues wasn't enough the dude is lurking forums and trying to get people to debate with him on his own stream.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
We are working on it
giphy.gif

I don't care what anyone else says, you're not completely horrible.
You still how a long way to go before you make up for that ReBoot slander, though.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't spent much time there since Resetera was made, but the little time i have spent there I got the impression that a lot of people there seem to think that.

Yeah i mean your launch day account with sub-100 posts sure is spending a lot a time here. Dont realy care to post except when defending garbage and shitting on the forum. You really care.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Do you have anything to say about actual alt-right people like Milo? It just feels odd to call this out in a thread where we're talking about an actual alt-right person as opposed to a reaction where that isn't the case. The most I'll call this forum out on is the consistent way they don't read the actual content before commenting. That isn't strictly an ERA thing though, that's an Internet and humanity thing unfortunately.

Zambayoshi

Nov 2, 2017
These free speech warriors are always terrified to actually discuss their ideas in a moderated environment because they're incapable of not either losing their shit and insulting people or resorting to offensive bigotry.

It may also be because they think they will get banned instantly for having a dissenting viewpoint. You say "offensive bigotry", but this could be an awfully broad brush, depending on one's interpretation. These days everyone's an extremist, and people like Jaffe get mocked because they say stuff like "let's all just let people have whatever opinions they want", which is exactly what Voltaire said in his treatise on Toleration (p54) https://archive.org/details/tolerationother00volt/page/43 :

"Do I propose then, that every citizen shall be free to follow his own reason, and believe whatever this enlightened or deluded reason shall dictate to him? Certainly, provided he does not disturb the public order."

There are laws against incitement, and there are laws against vilification and discrimination. These are all well and good, but let's be careful we don't impose laws against giving your opinion.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think making this accusation in a topic where the central figure being discussed legitimately is all of those things doesn't help the point you're trying to raise. You're mis-using "name calling" in a case where it's accurate, meaningful terms.
Its like the othee Jaffe thread where people got upset that Milo was being callrd a pedophile.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How fucking sad is it that some of y'all talk shit about this site on your alt accounts because you don't want your main account to get banned so that you CAN KEEP USING THE SITE THAT YOU HATE SO MUCH!

Like, holy shit, how much of a loser do you have to be...

Hefty

Nov 9, 2018
You're right, it's not comparable, because it's actually the exact same concept. Kratos, bless his heart, for whatever reason expected for Ares to care for him as a comrade, and that's the source of his betrayal. Like, what else are you suggesting here? That, offscreen, he and Ares had long, meaningful nights of brotherly companionship that are just never mentioned? Their relationship is exactly has been described. Kratos begs Ares to save him in exchange for eternal servitude, Ares agrees, Kratos goes on campaigns for him, then Ares deceives him with that one village, and Kratos spends the rest of the time hating Ares. Those are literally all the scenes we have of them together before the main game starts. As far as we're told, Kratos has no basis whatsoever to believe Ares to care for him as anything but a tool, but for some reason he expects some kind of alliance.

That's just delusional, as delusional as I would be to think that you betrayed me just because you didn't conform to my expectations.

Which, btw, you didn't quite address the comparison either. The assertion I'm making isn't that you merely betrayed my expectations, but that you betrayed me, personally, as a friend, because you betrayed my expectations. That's what Kratos actually did. "Betrayed my expectations" isn't a real betrayal, it's just a turn of phrase to say that things didn't go how you thought they would.

So, just to be clear, would you say that I would be reasonable in saying you betrayed me, as my friend, here and now, because you aren't giving into my argument? Spoiler, no, because we aren't friends and your not obligated to agree with me. It would be delusional for me to say so, and any feelings of betrayal I had over it would be bullshit because there is no actual trust, it'd just be me being nonsensical, and that's what Kratos did with Ares.
dude whatever we're splitting hairs at this point, we're just discussing semantics, to what end actually lol? I still think that Kratos's use of the word betrayal in his context was correct, you don't, let's just leave each other with that, I don't even care about this argument that much to let it continue, which besides, is extremely offtopic as is. So in conclusion, my dude, have a good stay in this thread and see you around on the site✌️

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
There's always two things that bug me when I see situations like this:

1. I don't like it when people lump a couple of posters opinion together and deem it Resetera consensus as a whole. That was a big issue with Gaf, like the forum was some big boogyman in the woods throwing rocks at industry people... instead of a simple platform with various gamers from different walks of life. It always quickly decends from "So and so posted this shit about me." to "Yeah, fuck that entire site and the people on it." Like, if you're going to go apeshit, do it on the individual, instead of lazily stating the masses, because no... not everyone gives a shit in the first place.

2. As far as the site is concerned, I also hate how everything is so polarized too (I do agree with Jaffe on that). Everything is wrestling... It's either you're a heel or a comrade, for or against, no shades of gray or middle ground. But hell, I guess that's how everything is and has always been, from gaming websites, to politics, sports, and society as a whole.

Anyways, whatever...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Go spend 5 minutes on any other site and ask their views of Era too.
Is this a defense of ERA? Bc it's a pretty good one when you look at new GAF, /v/ and the battlefield v reddit shitshow rn

Unfortunately I think your point was ERA is so bad because this immeasurably shittier forums don't like us.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It may also be because they think they will get banned instantly for having a dissenting viewpoint. You say "offensive bigotry", but this could be an awfully broad brush, depending on one's interpretation. These days everyone's an extremist, and people like Jaffe get mocked because they say stuff like "let's all just let people have whatever opinions they want", which is exactly what Voltaire said in his treatise on Toleration (p54) https://archive.org/details/tolerationother00volt/page/43 :

"Do I propose then, that every citizen shall be free to follow his own reason, and believe whatever this enlightened or deluded reason shall dictate to him? Certainly, provided he does not disturb the public order."

There are laws against incitement, and there are laws against vilification and discrimination. These are all well and good, but let's be careful we don't impose laws against giving your opinion.
You say "offensive bigotry", but this could be an awfully broad brush,

Jesus Christ you people are amazing. WHITE ETHNOSTATE.

The same. fucking. argument. every. time.

I know all you people love to bog shit down in sematics and legalese or whatever else distracts from the blatently obvious fact you have real life racist shitheads trying to start a movement where the actual act of incitement is prettty fucking one in the same with what the same people consider their free speech. You know a guy going into a church and shooting up the place, clearly not a well person, got his inspiration from somewhere. The more large platforms dishing out that inspiration there are the more this shit happens. You stomp it out. If you arent on board with that then f off.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Generally these types like Boogie or Jaffe who say things like this are more often for the status quo and more willing to defend bigotry, etc., than they are willing to defend and help those who cannot defend themselves.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

Jaffe is defending people who believe there should be a white ethnostate. That belief is by its very nature inciting of violence and discriminatory. How do you create a white ethnostate without discriminating against whites and exterminating them? Answer is it's impossible. It's the very definition of the tolerance paradox.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
what is it with people having really trash opinions and feeling the need to defend them to the death?

like jesus, smash is out in less than a day, why you wasting your energy and time on something like this Jaffe? feel free to @ me too, really interested in your noble crusade to let people be shit heads "just coz".

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, that shitstain attacked Leslie Jones again when that asshole Maher gave him a platform?

People who watched that segment and talked about it on the old site sure seemed to leave that detail out.
There's this pure coincidence where people who want Milo to have a platform never actually acknowledge the things that Milo has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.