• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The person behind the best GOD Of WAR game ever made and one of the best action games ever.
Quote the full post next time:

--------
Here's some reading material for people not familiar with Milo (like David Jaffe):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos#Controversies
In early October 2017, BuzzFeed News published leaked email chains from Yiannopoulos' tenure at Breitbart. According to the report, Yiannopoulos and his ghostwriter Allum Bokhari regularly solicited ideas for stories and comments from people associated with the alt-right and neo-Nazi movements.[7] Among the figures Yiannopoulos contacted were Curtis Yarvin, a central figure of the neoreactionary movement; Devin Saucier, the editor of the white supremacist magazine American Renaissance; Andrew Auernheimer, the administrator of neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer; and Baked Alaska, a commentator known for his anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi tweets.[7] Yiannopoulos also was in contact and received suggestions and texts from individuals in "traditionally liberal professions" such as entertainment and media. Mitchell Sunderland from Vice News emailed Yiannopoulos a link to an article by Lindy West of The New York Times, and requested: "Please mock this fat feminist."[7][143] The report also included a video of Yiannopoulos singing "America the Beautiful" at a karaoke bar, where a crowd of neo-Nazis and white supremacists, including Saucier and Richard B. Spencer, cheered him with the Nazi sieg heil salute.[7][144]

https://mic.com/articles/188697/mil...is-privilege-charity-for-white-men#.ZL6l1nZKh
At first, Yiannopoulos claimed to have raised between $100,000 to $250,000. On Thursday, after allegedly giving away just $25,000, Yiannopoulos confirmed to NBC News that the grant fund is no more. The former website of the Privilege Grant no longer exists, and Yiannopoulos made no further announcements about what will happen to the leftover money, i.e. if he has it, or if it ever even existed.
Good.

This is also the reason why Milo was deplatformed for ignorant people like David Jaffe:
https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/milo-yiannopoulos-resigns-breitbart-pedophilia-1201993063/

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News Amid Pedophilia Controversy
Milo Yiannopoulos, the conservative media personality under fire for comments he made that appeared to condone sex with minors, has resigned from Breitbart News, the platform that has helped boost his popularity on the far right.

"I would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately. This decision is mine alone."

At a press conference, Yiannopoulos, 32, said that he used a "poor choice of words" in a 2016 interview.

In the video, a 2016 episode of podcast "The Drunken Peasants," Yiannopoulos discussed his own experience with sexual assault as a teenager. He argued in the clip that relationships between "younger boys and older men" could be beneficial.

He wasn't deplatformed because of his many instances of transphobia. Nor was he deplatformed because of his hiring of nazis to write for him under his byline. He wasn't deplatformed because of his shitty alt-right views.

He was banned from twitter because he was posting faked homophobic tweets in an attempt to open a prominent actress up for harassment. (source: https://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/12226070/milo-yiannopoulus-twitter-ban-explained)

He was deplatformed because of his defense of pediophilia.

Jaffe, this is who you think should have a platform again.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I like how David Jaffe went from being a somewhat respected game designer to a free speech screeching shitty youtuber. Drawn to Death really killed his career, huh? Reduced to defending a person who supports pedophelia.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"Who gets to decide what hateful means? Who gets to decide what toxic means?"

We're talking about blatant racists, sexists, and literal fucking Nazis, David. Why the fuck do you think it's a good idea to defend shit like that in the name of "free speech?"

Grow the fuck up.

Beyond that, he just parrots the same shitty logical fallacies that we shoot down here every single day. Just because he's made some games in the past doesn't make him any better than the shitty disingenuous posters on this website when it comes to things like conflating a private forum deciding who can have an account and the government literally taking someone's rights away. Oh, and the "I have a black friend" defense, too.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
He seems like maybe he's just.. unwell. Angry? Seeking relevancy in an industry that has largely left him behind. Because no one outside of this industry gives two shits about this guy or anything he says. He's nobody.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I totally agree with that myself... some issues need to be dealt with, without the tolerance. Some opinions ARE toxic and don't need a grand overseer to dictate that it is because it's morally bankrupt to begin with.

But often times I see too many polarizing views on pretty much everything... and I mean the things like gaming difficulty, are you for or against lack of clothing on characters, are you an apologist for so and so AAA publisher/developer, or what games are acceptable to like.

And not to say such views aren't good for discussion. But like for instance, I may think a developer's views are garbage, and I'll choose not to buy a certain game myself... Then I'll see people dogpiled on or criticized for liking said game by that questionable person. Or others who take to attack someones social media feed because they feel it's their duty to take them down. Maybe it's not the black and white, red and blue division that gets me... I guess it's the lengths people go for their personal crusades that sometimes tip toe into malicious intent that I find questionable. That and the over saturation of lines for an escapists hobby.

Sure, I got harassed on pretty much every social media account I have after celebrating a ban on here in a Kingdom Come pre-release thread. These people are fucking pathetic.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He seems like maybe he's just.. unwell. Angry? Seeking relevancy in an industry that has largely left him behind. Because no one outside of this industry gives two shits about this guy or anything he says. He's nobody.

No, he's an uninformed asshole unconcerned with how this shit affects people like me.

Please stop trying to find excuses for sympathizers. I don't think this is your intent, but people do this all the time for white people. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Save that for the people these opinions are impacting.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
''Let's figure why there's harassment on the part of the police against black man, but hate speech is not part of that. FreeSpeech4Life!''

What the fuck am I even listening to...

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has he commented on the fact that Milo organized attacks on other people? Does he still think that's not enough reason to remove him?

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
User Banned (2 weeks): Attacking other Users, Trolling, Accumulated Infractions
I actually agree with him. Era suffers from a weak hive mind mentality occasionally and can be a little much. Something has to change or we start turning into neogaf. Now i am not to familar with him as a person but 5 minutes into the video he seems upset. What the fuck did yall do?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has he commented on the fact that Milo organized attacks on other people? Does he still think that's not enough reason to remove him?
In the video he basically says that no one should be deplatformed from any place for any reason, which is such a naive and shortsighted viewpoint given the past few years we've lived through.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That's the thing, they do. As long as I've been browsing this site, the entire notion of "Separating the artist and art" always comes up. Individuals getting lambasted over supporting the art, when the artist was a scumbag. Literally the same situation happening now.

I saw the title
Read through (Gather more info etc etc)
Saw the aforementioned comment
Made a quip considering I know how this site operates with its hive-mind approach and attacking individuals who support the "Art" of certain "Artists"
Had many individuals respond back with triggered responses (Including my joke over how Gaf is better with this style of posting even though I don't post there)

That is all. Nothing else to explain. This certainly has something to do with the topic at hand, while concurrently having something to do with the forum its being posted on.

If you want to know my honest opinion about this whole direct situation, I truly believe its hyperbolic, on both sides. Not just Jaffe, but here too. I've also read up on the Milo situation as well. He's a right asshole, but as long as his words aren't physically affecting someone, he's allowed his idiotic opinion, just like everyone here is. Just ignore his idiotic rhetoric, just like everyone here needs to ignore Jaffe's ramblings, like-wise for NEOGAF, who're currently stalking this thread as I type this, and that this forum likes to do time after time.

Ultimately, people need to calm down, relax and breathe and not get perpetually triggered over everything all the time. Anyway, I explained my point, if you don't like it, too bad, so sad (General statement, not directed to you L Thammy)

L Thammy, I would like to thank you again for not resorting to derogatory statements and rhetoric, that's quite rare these days.

Edit: I'm only responding back to L Thammy, I don't have time to respond back to multiple triggered individuals.
Please don't use "triggered" to mean "upset", "offended", "disagreeing", or some other term, further watering it down and thus making people who legitimately need to use the term to describe their triggers look silly.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he'll care. He was saying that he agrees that people should be able to spread their desire for an white ethnostate, after all, a process that is literally impossible to achieve without genocidal violence.

He's entirely unconcerned with others' wellbeing.

His platform amounts to "Nazis should be allowed to spread their innate violent rhetoric without being shouted down" because he doesn't care for the people that will be hurt.

It's all theoretical to him.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with him. Era suffers from a weak hive mind mentality occasionally and can be a little much. Something has to change or we start turning into neogaf. Now i am not to familar with him as a person but 5 minutes into the video he seems upset. What the fuck did yall do?
How can something be occasionally a hivemind? You make no sense.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People critize him on the internet = China and Russia
I'm sure restera members are about to take him away any minute now, never to be seen again.

Yeah, that's not a compleltly fucking insane take on the situation and he is totally not mad.

Trying to defend mf Milo with "but what is toxicity" is such an indefensible postion, I don't even know where to start.
Also, appeal to authority for good measure.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Only watched the first 2 minutes of that don't have the time but I agree with how knee jerk people were in that other thread about him. Just because he doesn't share your view doesn't automatically make him a bad person.
?
Wanting racist nazi to have a presence is the definition of a bad person.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
He is saying we be should freethinkers and sit down to listen to white supremacists to find a solution to hate speech...

I can't anymore.

ahhh the boogie2988 route, what a bold choice

Everyone has the same opinions and is unable to think for themselves, except for the people who don't have the same opinions and aren't unable to think for themselves. Easy.

resetera is a hivemind of occasional hiveminds

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We laughed at him for wanting to give a voice to a Nazi.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the video he basically says that no one should be deplatformed from any place for any reason, which is such a naive and shortsighted viewpoint given the past few years we've lived through.
Did he comment on what the targets of these attacks should do? Does he expect them to do what? Just take it as a fact that there are people out there striving to make their lives hell?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

if the hive mind is weak how can it get to be a little much?

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Ehh I kinda agree in a lot of ways and not so much in others. I do get what he is trying to say but presentation is key in today's society.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Shit, just been reading up on this and what the fuck.

What's wrong with this guy, full on apologetic to alt-right assholes openly wanting white etho states "as long as it doesn't get violent".

How does he think people will just say "sure fam, I'll pack up my shit and go so you whities can be alone?".

And just look at how Europe turned on eachother when the refugee crisis started, and that was a total of like 2-3m refugees? Germany too in 1m and many other countries outright refused.

How does he think millions of Latin/Asian/African/ME americans will be received in other countries?
Spoiler: not with open arms.

There's not enough housing, social structures aren't equipped to deal with such an high influx of people. Etc.

Saying people should be free to want a white ethno state (even through peaceful means, which can't be done) is outright condoning the behaviour by the alt right.

And referencing "the alt-left" lol dude wtf.

Fuck you Jaffe.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am generally of the opinion that era has a lot of issues. This isnt one of those times though, I dont get why Jaffe doesnt walk away from this one if he is that upset. Is protecting a known bigot really the battle hes willing to take a stand for?

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It is our right to not tolerate intolerance. Whoever this joker is he needs to crawl back to where he came from.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking "hive mind" and "triggered" 🙄 who uses those phrases but jerks who've bought into the racist alt right/GOP group think?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking "hive mind" and "triggered" 🙄 who uses those phrases but jerks who've bought into the racist alt right/GOP group think?

for real.

I am very tired from work and about to go to bed, I watched the video for 5 minutes. If you don't want to provide a link that is fine.

It's almost like context is needed and the context is there for you to consume. Put in the fucking work or stop posting about a topic you can't bother to put in the effort to understand.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am a master debater. my skills are like albert einsteins skills at nuclear phhysics. I will tell you why e=mc2 you coward if you debate me.

Let it be known that david jaffe is a coward. might was well call some farmers, because we got some cow-ards

Status
Not open for further replies.