• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tenor.gif
ply scrubs can address the issues of the modern world

TheRealDennis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You're asking us to believe the moderation of this site is okay with discussing of underaged sexualization when posters have been banned explicitly for doing that. What you're saying doesn't match up to how the mods here actually act.

To be frank I feel that you're lying, or not telling the whole story.
The key is to ban all of them. Banning a few of them isn't enough.

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the days of watching E3 or gaming conferences and seeing Jaffe saying something crazy or crass and I just went "oh jaffe"

Now seeing this it's just ".... oh jaffe"

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
But here you're equating saying/doing something bad to coming out as trans..?

That's my whole point. If someone being trans is suddenly a huge problem even though 5 seconds earlier you were really attracted to someone's looks/personality, you should maybe ask yourself why that is.

It can be seen that way but that's definitely not what I mean, coming out is awe inspiring and very brave. I am glad that I didn't have to do that because my orientation is accepted all over the world so kudos to all of the people who fight for that any person should be accepted whoever they are, more kudos to those who are opressed right now.

But it's still something I can't explain, like I found a woman who was very attractive when I looked at her but then she I saw one little small detail about her and that made me not attracted to her anymore. It's irrational that I felt that way, and in my head I knew that should not bother me but it did.

When it comes to affection you can't be rational however hard you try.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
On topic, I can't believe the effort some people like Jaffe put in to vocally and angrily defending the intolerant as though they're oppressed in any way, rather than just, you know, defending actually oppressed or marginalised people, or just anyone who needs help.

This is exactly it.

There is context to the battles they choose to fight, the hills they choose to die on. Regardless of the supposed neutrality they project, you cannot assume they're arguing in good faith when they expend so much more energy defending oppressors than the oppressed.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with jaffe, if you dont want to date a particular group doesnt make you racist toward that group...
Um yes it does. Because it implies that everyone from that group are literally exactly the same in some way.

Fake quoting what I have said to make people think that I actually said that, isn't very nice.
That wasn't a fake quote. and before you edit:

Forgot which account you were logged into champ?

Are you still mad because we made fun of you on twitter?
Who's we?

Last edited:

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
So he just streams himself talking to the chat and clips the "topics" to give his "opinion"?

why doesnt he play any games?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything to suggest that having or promoting a white ethnostate will NOT lead to violence or persecution or i dont know, simply mistreating your fellow man as less than a human being?
The thing is, we don't even need to ask the question. They are already getting people to murder and abuse others. Republican President Trump, and a number of his allies, have explicitly called for violence. It has lead to murder multiple times already. The question has been answered.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The key is to ban all of them. Banning a few of them isn't enough.

You're asking us to believe that the mods are okay with some people here explicitly fetishizing underaged characters. I'm saying that's absurd. If you aren't lying and know that there are posters like that here then please contact one of the mods to sort this out.

Moreover, your problem has nothing to do with the thread at hand, which you've admitted. It seems like all you want here is for ERA to be nebuously "called out" for some slight.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The thing is, we don't even need to ask the question. They are already getting people to murder and abuse others. Republican President Trump, and a number of his allies, have explicitly called for violence. It has lead to murder multiple times already. The question has been answered.

Yup. Nazis have literally murdered someone on American soil in the past year or so. Multiple shooters citing racist ideals before (and sometimes after) their horrible actions. They feel empowered due to the normalization of white supremacy.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's kinda off topic, but it's absolutely not transphobic to only be attracted to cis folk. Much like it's not cisphobic to only be attracted to trans folk. It's just human sexuality. No reason to not treat all people with respect though.

You can see my posts regarding Jaffe and how strongly I disagree with him on many of the afore-mentioned topics, but I have to chime in and agree with you here. These things could simply fall under preferences in dating. Hell, whilst I would date anyone of any race, I am definitely more attracted to certain races than others and therefore far more likely to date (and by virtue not date) someone of a particular race, ancestral origin or group (eg I have a preference towards South Asian, Latino and Black). I never dated enough people to have the desire or ability to try everything, instead I was selective about who I dated based on all manner of things, be it appearance, personality, eyes, body, temperament, political or religious views or whatever else.

Likewise I too would want to date a cis person, not just because I feel I couldn't provide the adequate support, relatability and understanding on transgender issues or psychological burdens that I feel a transgender partner would deserve, but also because I'm selfish and would eventually want to be able to have our own biological children without any of the other complications, hurdles, and all things related (emotionally and otherwise). Similarly I wouldn't date someone who didn't eventually want their own kids, weren't interested in marriage and so on either.

Last edited:

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
It can be seen that way but that's definitely not what I mean, coming out is awe inspiring and very brave. I am glad that I didn't have to do that because my orientation is accepted all over the world so kudos to all of the people who fight for that any person should be accepted whoever they are, more kudos to those who are opressed right now.

But it's still something I can't explain, like I found a woman who was very attractive when I looked at her but then she I saw one little small detail about her and that made me not attracted to her anymore. It's irrational that I felt that way, and in my head I knew that should not bother me but it did.

Dont worry I know you didn't mean anything by it.

The thing is that there's a difference between something physical that can turn you away from someone, however small, vs. something like the person having a Y chromosome. If two people are virtually identical, but one is cis and the other is trans, then there really shouldn't be anything to find fault with, apart from something society has made you judge as 'lesser' or what have you. It's definitely something that is complex to rationalise, but if the pure reason that someone is no longer a potential partner to you is because they're trans, then said person is probably transphobic to some degree. (Again this is accounting for pre/post operation and whether biological children are a desire (though even then I feel like these are things which people should be able to be okay with, but that's just me)).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's making a judgement based on physical appearance though. That's different from being attracted until finding out someone is trans, whereupon you immediately lose interest.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Give charlatans a platform! audiences are smart enough to identify and mock their bad ideas..

audience member in liberal hellhole of a forum stands: "I agree not wanting to date an entire race isn't racist"

They'll call 'em right on it!! you'll see!!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Just to help people understand some of what's going on in the room, if someone talks about "culture" as why they won't date a particular race/phenotype, it means they may honestly not understand that there are [1] many different cultures associated with each "one" race, and more broadly [2] culture and appearance aren't necessarily linked. And if when making that claim about culture they keep repeatedly conflating it with appearance, that's another layer of (hopefully) confusion on their part, but that's getting a bit more obvious what it is.

They could just be legitimately racist, in the sense that they're so racist they exclude certain people from consideration in their lives. And to put an even finer point on it, racism also has to do with hatred/fear of different cultures.

Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck cares what he thinks anymore? It's funny we're yucking it up about his comments but we're doing the same exact thing he says should happen - we're giving him a platform to spread his dumb shit. He's completely irrelevant in this space and has been for years. There's very little reason anyone in the gaming industry should be listening to a word this man has to say and I have no idea why anyone here would as well.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If you wont date certain races, you're racist.

I really don't get why this concept is confusing. Actually I do, people dont want to confront their racism. Which is not really the rest of us' problem.

You wanna strut around saying that shit, you are gonna be called a racist, because you are.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to assume she is talking about how youtube algorithims constantly push hot takes and clickbait such as

"Blank is Garbage and here is why"

"SJW OWNED WITH FACTS AND LOGIC"

etc

Jaffe's videos could be seen as such
Yea, it's frustrating. I don't know if these types of videos are just really popular, or if YouTube execs or developers etc are complicit in this stuff, because it feels like no matter how often I swipe away "SJW owned" or "Feminist destroyed" type videos, they keep coming up in my recommended vids. Perhaps because I view so much video gaming content, YouTube algorithms link the two or something.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, it's frustrating. I don't know if these types of videos are just really popular, or if YouTube execs or developers etc are complicit in this stuff, because it feels like no matter how often I swipe away "SJW owned" or "Feminist destroyed" type videos, they keep coming up in my recommended vids. Perhaps because I view so much video gaming content, YouTube algorithms link the two or something.
Literally the only way to stop it is to get the video blocker extension and block specific terms. As ven watching a retort to such videos will flood your recommendations with the latest angry youtuber talking about why sjws suck.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018
Didn't see if this was posted here yet.

He starts by saying he wouldn't date a transgender woman simply for the fact she was once a man biologically (no other reason). Then goes to say "If I don't want to date a black woman, I'm a racist? If I don't want to date an Irish woman I'm anti-Irish?" Completely missing the point that yes, if you don't want to date a black woman because she is black, you are racist. And if you don't want to date a transgender woman because she is transgender you are transphobic.

Jaffe knows full well what he's doing here:

Oct 27, 2017
This is so wrong, I'm not interested in dating a black woman and some other cultures that I don't have a preference for, doesn't mean I'm racist towards any of those cultures. I have a thing for Asian women, but that comes down to my taste and has nothing to do with anything they do or don't do or me believing they ar e better than anyone else, nor am I Asian.

A preference to date someone is very personal, not wanting to date a transgender is VERY different from hanging out or being friends. Now if you don't want to be friends or deal with this person in any way, or you try to avoid, then I would say you're transphobic, I mean whats next? If I don't want to eat a burger it means I have a food disorder?
You're missing the point. If you're making love to someone you're attracted to who you believe just has a tan, and in the post-coitus cuddle she tells you about how hard it was to grow up black, and that information changes you're perception of her/your attraction to her, you're racist. The analogy to race is a tricky one, since race is a usually an immediately presenting classification. This is different than the discussion of you being attracted to someone based off their physical features.

You can say, "i've never been attracted to a black woman," but that's very different than the statement, "black women are unattractive". The former is steeped in your personal experience and attraction, which is fair game. Making a declarative statement about the overall attractiveness of a race like the latter, is different.

Edit: Please note that paragraph one and two, are talking about two different points of this topic.

holy shit what a loaded statement.
Lol yea, painting a very vivid picture of himself. Didn't really need all those details, fam.

Oct 29, 2017
Jaffe, since you are reading this. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PS4 TWISTED METAL GAME!? If you are bored these days you could get working on this!

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Well this is obvious i would think....

they ARE not physically the same and to me that would matter since they cannot bear children (born man in this case)

That's a technicality which is why it's hard to pin down usually. I personally think adoption is just as good as biological children but to each their own. I was more talking about it outside of those technicalities.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
You're missing the point. If you're making love to someone you're attracted to who you believe just has a tan, and in the post-coitus cuddle she tells you about how hard it was to grow up black, and that information changes you're perception of her/your attraction to her, you're racist. The analogy to race is a tricky one, since race is a usually an immediately presenting classification. This is different than the discussion of you being attracted to someone based off their physical features.

You can say, "i've never been attracted to a black woman," but that's very different than the statement, "black women are unattractive". The former is steeped in your personal experience and attraction, which is fair game. Making a declarative statement about the overall attractiveness of a race like the latter, is different.

Edit: Please note that paragraph one and two, are talking about two different points of this topic.

Very good way to put it.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's making a judgement based on physical appearance though. That's different from being attracted until finding out someone is trans, whereupon you immediately lose interest.

If I love that person then I love that person. If finding out a person I've loved for a couple of weeks that that person used to be a man but has gone that full transformation then I would love that person even more I think for trusting in me and telling me that.

But that's me, I can understand someone who would be turned off for getting that news too. It's a shitty thing to happen because it shouldn't be that way because that person who once was a man is clearly a woman now. But it's still that person's right to lose interest in a trans because he/she can't decide whatever he/she feels attraction to. Being mad or stop all contacts with that person because she is a trans, that is despicable and it's what I define transphobic atleast.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

The sad answer is that vile people push others away to a degree that they feel isolated and vulnerable, in spite of the cause being their own hostility toward others. That makes them look for connections wherever they can find them, and they want to hear a narrative for their reality that lionizes them and casts normal, positive social behavior as being irrational.

They want an explanation of why they're not invited to Thanksgiving anymore. They want to hear how the opposite sex is wrong for not being attracted to them. They want someone to tell them that their views about the inferiority of other races is based on "logic" and "science." But they don't want to be exposed to the counterpoints to any of these that you encounter in true discussion. Hence, this massive torrent of videos that speak to that very predictable but very real audience. The fact that there is so much overlap in the communities around these disparate areas shows it's not about any actual ideas, but about affirming those with aggressive, anti-social worldviews regardless of merit.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda off topic, but it's absolutely not transphobic to only be attracted to cis folk. Much like it's not cisphobic to only be attracted to trans folk. It's just human sexuality. No reason to not treat all people with respect though.

No, if you find out your partner is trans, then nothing has changed except how you see them in this case. That is absolutely transphobic.

It's a shitty thing to happen because it shouldn't be that way because that person who once was a man is clearly a woman now.

Work on this phrasing. That person was always a woman.

But it's still that person's right to lose interest in a trans because he/she can't decide whatever he/she feels attraction to.

No one is taking away their rights lol, they aren't going to jail for this. But it is absolutely shitty behavior and will be called out as such by people who identify as trans or as trans allies.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Give charlatans a platform! audiences are smart enough to identify and mock their bad ideas..

audience member in liberal hellhole of a forum stands: "I agree not wanting to date an entire race isn't racist"

They'll call 'em right on it!! you'll see!!

Pretty much my sentiment. Sadly people (including myself) are not very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.