• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
1. It's not past tense. It's just transgender not transgendered.
2. Yes, if the only reason you're not attracting to someone is because they are trans, then yes you are transphobic.
3. Look at the ideas behind not being attracted to a certain race. You are basically saying everyone in the world of that racial makeup is not attractive to you. Including the millions or potentially billions that you've never met. It is indeed racist.
1. I apologize for using the incorrect term.
2. I see that after reading the context of the discussion (going back through the posts).
3. Different races have different physical characteristics (in general) where I could see someone not being into that characteristic (in general). Anyone who blanket says I'm not attracted to anyone of the _____ race is of course racist. Attraction to a person should be based on that specific person, in any case. I was trying to speak more to physical generalities that are associated with race (like height or something) that can lead people to preferences as a whole, but I was being inarticulate. I apologize (and please don't think I was speaking for my personal attractions, I wasn't).

Again, this is the scenario.

You are attracted to someone who is transgender, but you don't know. You find out they are transgender, and then you are no longer attracted to them.
That is transphobic. Because only the knowledge that they're trans stopped you finding them attractive. The example only works if you're attracted to them in the first place.
Yeah, after seeing the scenario, I agree with you guys.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Jaffe, get back to work. The streams were cute but we rock with you because of your art not your rants.

Do we really? Homeboy hasn't made anything worthwhile since the original God of War.....13 years ago.

Hell, Cliffy B. (a now retired game developer) is more relevant at this point than Jaffe, and that's saying something.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2. I see that after reading the context of the discussion (going back through the posts).
3. Different races have different physical characteristics (in general) where I could see someone not being into that characteristic (in general). Anyone who blanket says I'm not attracted to anyone of the _____ race is of course racist. Attraction to a person should be based on that specific person, in any case. I was trying to speak more to generalities that are associated with race that can lead people to preferences as a whole, but I was being inarticulate. I apologize (and please don't think I was speaking for my personal attractions, I wasn't).

Not knowing is not knowing. The point is you now know and are taking actions so you don't use the wrong term again. Really no worries.

We all have our preferences when it comes to dating and relationships. For me, I want someone who is going to call me out on my shit when I'm wrong. For other people they want someone more submissive. But the blanket statements are where I draw the line and thankfully it seems you do too.

There are more offensive things in Drawn to Death than that. If that's really what people are complaining about, I'm sorry, but that doesn't hold up.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
And my guy has the gall to say this while we have a sitting president who can hardly stomach coming out against white nationalism.

It's hard to imagine a sound mind that is truly thinking about the ethical and moral consequences of the rise of white nationalism and hate would argue for more exposure of those values in the midst of a society already suffering a white nationalist POTUS and the rise of fringe hate groups that have been emboldened and protected by the POTUS.

Today we have school principles instructing their teachers on how to protect students from the rise of bigotry due to the 'Trump Effect' in our schools, but Jaffe believes that the problem in society is that we just aren't fair enough to the influencers that are inflaming that bigotry. Nevermind that children are more vulnerable and our teachers and parents are struggling to protect them in this climate. Nevermind that already vulnerable communities are facing increased antagonism and discrimination due to rightwing voices espousing bigotry and the dehumanization of each other as a justifiable answer to society's problems.

And then he feels indignant about how ResetEra 'hates' him simply for having an opinion, that the negative reaction at ResetEra could be chalked up to a simple case of assholes on a forum being intolerant of differing viewpoints.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
3. Different races have different physical characteristics (in general) where I could see someone not being into that characteristic (in general). Anyone who blanket says I'm not attracted to anyone of the _____ race is of course racist. Attraction to a person should be based on that specific person, in any case. I was trying to speak more to physical generalities that are associated with race (like height or something) that can lead people to preferences as a whole, but I was being inarticulate. I apologize (and please don't think I was speaking for my personal attractions, I wasn't).

Yeah, after seeing the scenario, I agree with you guys.

Can I just say that I wish more individuals were like you and actually took the time to understand what is being said to them?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He is right. Disagreeing with someone does not mean they are suddenly worthless.
So which of Milo's actions do we define as "disagreements?" The part where he displayed a picture of a transgender student while presenting at her university and mocked her in front of a crowd of people by referring to her as a tranny and saying that she "doesn't pass." Or the part where he posted incredibly racist photoshops of Leslie Jone's twitter account so that his followers would harass her so much that she decided to take a break from twitter. Or how about the part where he explicitly stated that that people who're transgender are disproportionately involved in sex crimes.

Note, we're not talking about some small person, at the time of this Milo had over 300K followers on twitter, he was getting paid to visit universities with the intent of harassing students, his followers would go after people he directly targeted. At what point do you acknowledge what he did what his platform? At what point do you grow a spine and actually confront toxicity instead of tone policing when others do it? At what point do you gain more than a child's understanding of what free speech actually means?

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
It's hard to imagine a sound mind that is truly thinking about the ethical and moral consequences of the rise of white nationalism and hate would argue for more exposure of those values in the midst of a society already suffering a white nationalist POTUS and the rise of fringe hate groups that have been emboldened and protected by the POTUS.

Today we have school principles instructing their teachers on how to protect students from the rise of bigotry due to the 'Trump Effect' in our schools, but Jaffe believes that the problem in society is that we just aren't fair enough to the influencers that are inflaming that bigotry. Nevermind that children are more vulnerable and our teachers and parents are struggling to protect them in this climate. Nevermind that already vulnerable communities are facing increased antagonism and discrimination due to rightwing voices espousing bigotry and the dehumanization of each other as a justifiable answer to society's problems.

And then he feels indignant about how ResetEra 'hates' him simply for having an opinion, that the negative reaction at ResetEra could be chalked up to a simple case of assholes on a forum being intolerant of differing viewpoints.
Amen.

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Awful people on the internet dislike us boohooo

Right? The white nationalists already hate me carte blanche because of my religious so who gives a fuck if they get bothered by what I post here.

So are you saying my drive by post was worse than a direct personal attack to a person?

Go away, or what he said:

Yes. 100%. Get a fucking life in a thread with pages upon pages of context is better than you're disingenuous shit post.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

Beautifully said. Now try to tell him this and watch him say "Well they're not directly inciting violence and freedom of speech blah blah blah". Talk about ass backwards. It's really sad to see and speaks to a complete misunderstanding of sociology.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Beautifully said. Now try to tell him this and watch him say "Well they're not directly inciting violence and freedom of speech blah blah blah". Talk about ass backwards. It's really sad to see and speaks to a complete misunderstanding of sociology.
He will add "well if you feel that you should get the laws changed. Some people in Europe swear by their hate speech laws but this is America and we don't need your help'.

That's how he responded to me bringing up those same points.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So are you saying my drive by post was worse than that direct personal attack to a person?

If the point of your post was to point out that "Get a fucking life Jaffe" is offensive I believe you've failed. Especially when we add in the context of Jaffe's games or Milo and his hate. Seriously is it the expletive that is bothering you particularly or something else? Get a life by itself is rather banal.

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Dev that actually matter don't.

When was the last time Jaffe was actually relevant ?

To put it into context, Cliffy B., a now retired game developer, is still more relevant than Jaffe. His last successful project that he directed was the original God of War....13 years ago. People don't give any attention to Ken Levine anymore, nor Cliffy. Why the fuck do we even talk about Jaffe anymore? He's a relic.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
He will add "well if you feel that you should get the laws changed. Some people in Europe swear by their hate speech laws but this is America and we don't need your help'.

That's how he responded to me bringing up those same points.

Yup I remember that last night. "This is Murica! Where the Laws protect everyone!", says privileged middle aged white man.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the point of your post was to point out that "Get a fucking life Jaffe" is offensive I believe you've failed. Especially when we add in the context of Jaffe's games or Milo and his hate. Seriously is it the expletive that is bothering you particularly or something else? Get a life by itself is rather banal.
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy. I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Why does NeoGAF portray Era as the wrong side of this??

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?

Oct 25, 2017
Milo being banned specifically for harassment is fine. But as a far left person I absolutely hate how this echo chamber blows out of proportion non-issues. Deplatforming because you don't agree with someone's viewpoint is what soviets did and a lot of dictators continue to do today.

I completely agree with Jaffe that liberals shouldn't shield people from dissenting opinions and let everyone develop critical thinking on their own being exposed to dissenting opinions. Liberals lose elections (and last November was not a win in my opinion), because they are perceived as thought police and alt-right ends up seeming like a lesser of two evils.

reading through the thread and i just feel the need to call out this silliness in particular

40 house seats not being considered a win is HILARIOUS to me and the way the midterms were reported on is just another example about how the "liberal" media really isn't that liberal

"alt-right seems like the lesser of two evils" - yeah, if you consider calls for ethnic cleansings a fun rhetorical exercise and not an actual threat

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?
Because they're literally no different than the sites that used to stalk and talk shit about GAF pre exodus.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy.
You're accused of shitposting because you posted one user posting a screw you to Jaffe as some sort of symptom of ResetERA's issue. Something that's A) Not unique to ResetEra. B) In the context of Jaffe defending the supposed lost rights of a known bigot.

like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.
The subject in this case being a white supremacist and a bigot known a Milo Y. Why shouldn't people be aggressive? Because it makes you uncomfortable that people care deeply about something other than just gaming?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is this true?
lol neogaf is run by a creep, the owner should've been arrested along time ago for what he has done

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy. I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.

Pardon us for getting worked up over the rise, and in particular the defense of, white nationalism.

Oct 25, 2017
Between the GG gaf stuff and Anita he also defended Jon Tron by posting a video the day after Jon said "we shouldn't mix the gene pools" by saying he was being attacked for having a different opinion and "trying on a new hat, politically" and that we should all talk and meet in the middle.

When people called boogie out about the severity of Jon's comments he quickly followed up with another video saying he hadn't actually watched Jon's video and didn't agree with those comments. So he had time to read the outrage, think up a video, film, edit and upload it but not actually watch what the subject he was commenting about.

That's why he is hated here but there is more.

He also started dating a sex worker after his wife left him and the new gf came out saying he would emotionally bully her into saying at his house and looking after him, wouldn't let her do her sex work (even though that's how he met her) and when she would ask for money to live (since he wasn't allowing her to work) he would give her the bare minimum and make her feel bad about it.

He also told someone he was thinking about killing himself so they called the police to check on him and he proceeded to make a video where he was furious about them doing it because it interrupted a date and how he wasn't really gonna kill himself, then said not yet anyway, and basically was a real piece of shit to the person who was simply worried about him.

On top of this, from watching his live streams it seems he has a deep hatred of women, coming out with some seriously questionable comments that you wouldn't see on his usual videos. Such as "people say the clitorus doesn't have a hole but they just aren't trying hard enough. All you need is one of these *pulls out a scalpel*.

There was also a severely suspect comment where he said he didn't want to have kids because he was like his parents and didn't want to do to them what they did to him. In case you aren't aware he was physically and sexually abused by them so it made it sound like he was admitting he had the same issues.

I was a big fan of boogie and looked up to him with regards to his struggles with his upbringing and weight issues but its clear he is a manipulative, angry piece of shit who deserves no sympathy.

Oh damn.

That's actually really hard to hear because I also used to genuinely think Boogie was inspiring because of his struggles with weight loss and his upbringing.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
That was not exactly my point. My point is that now I'm accused of shit posting and trolling because I wrote something other than fuck this guy.

Victimizing yourself is cute but no, you are not being accused of shit posting because you didn't say fuck this guy. Utter bullshit.

I like ERA but people get aggressive way too much here when it comes to subjects other than gaming.

You think this thread is aggressive? This is tame.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Jaffe is shitting on ERA.

ERA is shitting on Jaffe

NeoGAF is shitting on ERA

ERA is shitting on NeoGAF

It's an endless circle

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

Is this true?

Lol why are you still browsing Gaf? And why are you coming here to ask whether what they say is true? Read up on what is happening then make your own conclusion lol

I swear.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
reading through the thread and i just feel the need to call out this silliness in particular

40 house seats not being considered a win is HILARIOUS to me and the way the midterms were reported on is just another example about how the "liberal" media really isn't that liberal

Also lolling @ "people perceive liberals as thought police so they flock to the white nationalists"

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
In this thread I am learning that having a zero tolerance policy towards white nationalism is actually a bad thing, and Trump's America actually needs more loud racist people with megaphones and not less

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Is this true?

Look at any political thread on Gaf now and there's your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.