• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Also lolling @ "people perceive liberals as thought police so they flock to the white nationalists"

and the right-wing perceived me as destroying society by existing, so now i'm going to ACTUALLY destroy society by [reads notes] not subsidizing neo-nazi dumbasses

that'll teach those conservatives to stop calling me a degenerate! lmaoooo

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh damn.

That's actually really hard to hear because I also used to genuinely think Boogie was inspiring because of his struggles with weight loss and his upbringing.
Yeah it was for me too. I didn't see his GG stuff at the time so was still following him but once he went to bat for Jon Tron and his shitty excuse it woke me up and shortly after I stopped following him.

Since then my hatred for him has only grown with the more I have learnt about him. He is extremely emotionally manipulative and when he realises he can't talk his way out of something will start threatening to kill himself and signal for his fans to comfort him. He isn't just naive, he is strategic in his portrayal of himself.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
In this thread I am learning that having a zero tolerance policy towards white nationalism is actually a bad thing, and Trump's America actually needs more loud racist people with megaphones and not less

Look: you have to let white nationalists spew their hate, then the masses will see how It Is Bad and reject it, but also you can't say white nationalism is bad because then you're just driving the masses into the arms of white nationalists.

Dec 28, 2017
I watch his video and I have some hard time to comprehend his devotion to "free speech" when sometimes "free speech" can be the catalyst to catastrophic consequences. I recently became us citizen and I still believe that in some cases "free speech" needs to be cut off. Hate towards someone it's not free speech, it's just hate.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Why does NeoGAF portray Era as the wrong side of this??

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?
GAF became a dumpster fire after the owner's sexual assault on a womain was outed. Lots who remained were alt-right assholes, and people who would defend his actions. I recall when it happened, and there was a huge thread there on it as the shit hit the fan, a number of the "reasonable conservatives" decided they had free reign to make outright bigoted statements. I witnessed one of the more well known at the time, supposedly economic conservative, members even flat out decide to call black people monkeys. I haven't looked at it since a bit after I got banned, but it was a really ugly bigoted group that had been left behind.

Oct 25, 2017
if you're upset about people not wanting to listen to hate speech, you don't get to be upset when people are insufficiently gentle with you in return

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So strange how you are focusing on someone saying get a life as harmful and not...you know some of the ACTUAL harmful things Jaffe has said. But ok.

Yes, white nationalism sucks. If he thinks the opposite then HE and only he has to deal with that problem and reflect himself. The issue is that many people on ERA makes it their problem, that is leading to more anger and hate (as seen in this thread with comments like fuck this guy) If he spreads hate, then don't spread it even more. It's a basic principie. I only know this guy because of this thread, for example.

And nobody was hurt with the posts you originally quoted. Stop playing the victim and grow up. Or leave, you won't be missed!

I love you too.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

Is ERA becoming cringy or too whiny?? Or the pitchforks and fire on a limb?? Are we a hive mind like GAF was??

Im not saying I agree but they have a post abouy this Jaffe guy calling era out and all of them say Jaffe is in the right and we are a terrible forum.

Is this true?
You really shouldn't use NeoGAF as a standard by which to judge anything. The boss over there has fully embraced the shitty "anti-SJW" culture over there and it's become a new breeding ground for racists, misogynists, and all other forms of filth.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this true?
Not even being cheeky, but it all starts with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ResetEra

We left GAF because of Tyler being a piece of shit, and the people who stayed "didn't see the big deal," or "didn't care". All that was left of GAF was a really shitty remnant userbase and no moderation team. So they have a bone to pick with us since we left. Very reactionary stuff.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, white nationalism sucks. If he thinks the opposite then HE and only he has to deal with that problem and reflect himself. The issue is that many people on ERA makes it their problem, that is leading to more anger and hate (as seen in this thread with comments like fuck this guy) If he spreads hate, then don't spread it even more. It's a basic principie. I only know this guy because of this thread, for example.

Wrong. He probably won't ever change, but he will influence with his rhetoric. How do you think people are radicalized in the first place? This is why deplatforming is so important - white nationalists aren't as easily able to spread their message of hate and bigotry, which affects EVERYONE.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
You really shouldn't use NeoGAF as a standard by which to judge anything. The boss over there has fully embraced the shitty "anti-SJW" culture over there and it's become a new breeding ground for racists, misogynists, and all other forms of filth.

Not like he had a choice when all the other sensible people left him to wallow in his own stupidity.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

HE isn't the only person who has to deal with it. I, as a black man in America, have to deal with it.

Ignoring something isn't going to go away.

Saying fuck off to a guy who supports people spouting that they want me dead isn't spreading hate. It's saying hate isn't welcome.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Given that this thread has simply become people taking pot shots at each other and cross-forum drama, we're locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.