• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Trolling / Antagonizing other users
Haha alot of Jaffe hate and questioning his credibility. Hes just a fan now like the rest of us but I assume he has more experience and knowledge in the business than 99 percent on here. Also the guy made god of war. Anyone made anything like that here among the bitchy posters?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
He put out Ps4 exclusive Drawn to Death just 3 years ago, he might be a douche but the idea that he could not have connections is laughable at best
That doesn't make him part of Sony's 1st party. That was made by his own independent studio. But of course he has connections at PlayStation, I didn't say otherwise. There's also plenty of smoke for the mysterious February show too, I'd be more surprised if it wasn't happening.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think we have enough confirmation from other sources that the reveal event is next month such as Klee and Klepek.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
source.gif

Man... the Hulkster had an impressive tan.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
hope so. Now we can speculate on WHAT we will actually get info wise. Tflops? console design? price? date? etc

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
It does seem like an open secret at this point, wish they would just announce the thing to put the speculation to bed.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
As long as the PS5 is compatible with the PS4 and PS3, 2 and 1 including vita im good.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Haha alot of Jaffe hate and questioning his credibility. Hes just a fan now like the rest of us but I assume he has more experience and knowledge in the business than 99 percent on here. Also the guy made god of war. Anyone made anything like that here among the bitchy posters?

And Twisted Metal!

Maybe Twisted Metal Revival incoming for PS5?
I know it kind of ended in a wet fart and died during the PS3 era, but you never know. Maybe vehicle combat makes a bit return next gen? :D

OP
OP
SeriousGoku

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I don't know the guy apart from God of War. What did he do to deserve such hostility ?
I mean... "apart from God of War" is quite the dismissal.

The guy created the franchise lol.

Plus had a Twisted Metal release on PS3.

He 100% has connects/friends at Sony WWS. Anyone thinking otherwise is out to lunch.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
If it's happening, this would mean it's going to be announced this month so next week seems likely.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I've had a couple of conversations with people that allude to there being some stuff in early February. Nothing they could hard confirm, but to me it sounds like the most likely scenario.

Oct 25, 2017
There are reasons to believe he knows and would divulge something he's not supposed to and there are reasons to believe he's overconfidently presenting a personal hunch or the general belief that Sony will repeat the timing of the PS4 reveal. So that leaves us at approximately zero informational value for this tweet.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just because you don't like him doesn't mean his information is automatically wrong. Y'all are crazy sometimes.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
My question is:
Will Sony show the hardware in February or repeat the PS4 presentation back in 2013.

Also, IIRC Sony announced the reveal in NY only 3 weeks before.

They had the initial reveal in Feb at the PS Meeting and then hardware reveal by Andrew House at E3 that year. Now that Sony isn't going to E3, I wouldn't be surprised if they show the hardware at the initial reveal (next month I think), and then have a bus/mall tour, an event similar to PSX, and a couple online Direct-type presentations to showcase software lineup and push preorders.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... "apart from God of War" is quite the dismissal.

The guy created the franchise lol.

Plus had a Twisted Metal release on PS3.
What are you talking about ? I know he created the franchise, I didn't know anything else about him.

I'm just asking the reason why people here are saying he is a douche and an asshole.

Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about ? I know he created the franchise, I didn't know anything else about him.

I'm just asking the reason why people here are saying he is a douche and an asshole.
Jaffe is an outspoken dude and he's getting to the age where his opinions and the way he expresses them are running afoul of modern anti-toxicity sensibilities. I can't recall for sure if he's said some un-PC shit lately, but that's possible, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.