• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
DXAqg-yU8AAiJAb.jpg

It's a very interesting concept with second screen experience being other avengers.
Voice recognition is a very underutilized feature on PSVR, so it could've been a perfect match for this.

Dream is dead anyway.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
even if the studio's not close, i doubt this will be made and released anyway....you will need to work around the marvel license which will not be easy for such a small studios.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Dam this was the game I was dreaming of with vr. Even the talking to Jarvis thing. Dam it's not going to happen now is it?

eloxx

Oct 30, 2017
bern, switzerland
Great idea. It is actually kind of a no-brainer.

We still have the Avengers game from Crystal Dynamics that is coming. Maybe they will add some VR components to it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of taking to JARVIS is pretty cool.

Marvel is already funding an VR game (albeit arcade-y), so I wonder what their reaction would have been.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Makes you wonder what sort of state the studio would have been in now if they started out with these sort of titles before doing something as daring and niche as Drawn to Death.

Saddened by the outcome, hopefully they all land on their feet.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't care for either Iron Man or VR but that was obviously a cool concept with a lot of potential. That's too bad.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Someone thought talking to Jarvis would be cool, but they couldn't think of a single interesting thing for Jarvis to say to you or you to say to Jarvis.

Isn't Jarvis his own robot now anyway? It's already out of date.

I mean the idea of having to redirect things like power to different aspects of the suit by talking to Jarvis is already a pretty cool idea.

Jerry Orbach

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean the idea of having to redirect things like power to different aspects of the suit by talking to Jarvis is already a pretty cool idea.

"Jarvis! Put 100% of fun places to transfer power in the reserves. We don't want to blow our load too soon."
"But sir, that will leave us with a very uninspiring little cartoon."
"Who's running this detective agency, Jarvis?"
"Straight into the ground, sir."

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks insanely ambitious. I don't even know how many studio's are out there with the talent to pull off something like that successfully.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I've never seen Iron Man or The Avengers, but presuming talking to the suit is like Spider-Man does, there's no way you could build an AI that convincing. Our little pocket cellphone assistants aren't even there yet, let alone something a small game studio could handle as a feature within a game.

Nov 1, 2017
That sounds more interesting than any of Jaffe's recent projects. Maybe he should have worked on and pitched this one instead of, say, Drawn to Death.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Basically like using voice attack with Elite Dangerous in VR. It's pretty awesome.

Given the movement for Ironman too as you're often flying, it would be pretty perfect for VR. Locomotion isn't an issue it you're jetting around. Maybe when on ground have movement be a dash movement, as though Ironman is using a short forward jet blast etc. If an enemy is in the dash path you melee etc.

Last edited:

Porkface

Oct 28, 2017
Avalanche's Iron Man game always felt like one of those great unreleased gems - especially after the wingsuit stuff in Just Cause 3. This looks like a lovely idea but I wonder if would have had any chance to be greenlit - I imagine the Square Enix deal is going to make it hard for anyone else to muscle in.