• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Feel free to take guesses at what IP it is.

Edit:

Looking at a few more postings, they seem to have two unannounced projects (both on UE4):
- An online RPG
- An online FPS/TPS game
- Both are multiplatform
- One is an "popular, old-class IP" (Everquest?) and the other is a "hugely popular global IP" (Licensed game?)
- At least one of them is announcing soon

DAYBREAK GAME COMPANY
Position: Combat Designer

The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing massively multiplayer roleplaying games, with a key focus on the design, creation, and maintenance of combat systems.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES
From Pre-production to Final Release and Live Operations:
• Collaborate with the Lead Designer to design and document multiplayer, RPG, action-based game systems
• Create NPC AI and action combat mechanics
• Create Player gear, weapons, and thematic combat mechanics
• Create fun, AAA quality designs in a fast-paced, iterative environment while utilizing a hugely popular IP

QUALIFICATIONS
• Direct experience creating and supporting multiplayer RPG combat systems
• Successfully contributed to the combat systems of a AAA game
• Extremely self-motivated, flexible and with strong documentation and communication skills
• Superior ability to construct abilities and mechanics that interact dynamically and drive exciting Metas
• A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow

PLUSES
• Action and MMO game development experience
• Current-gen console (PS4, XBox One) development experience
• Programming experience
• User interface creation experience
• Experience in an early development environment
• Unreal 4 system design experience
Let's make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here are some specifics on what we're looking for: an experienced and highly motivated Art Director, for a soon to be announced, all new project.
A Narrative Designer to create a compelling game narrative for an unannounced AAA title based on a popular old-class IP.
A Sr. Game Designer who is excited to work on a new unannounced AAA title based on a popular world-class IP.
  • Passionate gamer with a familiarity of core mechanics for FPS/TPS titles
Source: https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers?locale=en_US

Last edited:

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Sounds like another upcoming everquest failure. >_>

After Everquest next (and the fact that they fired almost everyone who counted something in the Everquest team), I have zero faith in them, sadly.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I updated the OP a bit. After some more digging, there appear to be two separate products.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
If it's another EQ game, I really hope they try to bring to life the new AI systems EQ Next was supposed to have, we really need a breakthrough in AI and emergent content

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Daybreak wasn't part of SOE anymore? Anyway, I'm always excited about announcements of announcements. We need more of those.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
If EverQuest comes back, I would build a PC. That was my 1st MMO and that game got me through high school.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Whatever they are, I'm sure they'll be just as successful and well-supported as Daybreak's other recent ventures.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for said games to actually release this time. An actual 1.0 release, that is. I've learned my lesson with Landmark.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Old class rpg really made me hope for Might and Magic but then I remembered Ubisoft owns that.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing what they do. Pantheon has the old style MMO on lock (so hyped), but if they try to continue what EQ Next was doing, I'll certainly pay attention.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Sony sold SOE and the company that bought them renamed them Daybreak.

Many people still know them better as SOE though.

Then Smed left, but a lot of the core people are still there. They also moved the company. Their old campus was sold to a biotech company and half of the buildings are gone (including the one I worked in). It's a trip seeing pictures of the campus and a building you worked in every day being a dirt lot now.

Throw in my guess as a Marvel game.

That ship sailed a LONG time ago. That's why they have DC Universe Online now. Although the short period of time when Marvel was a possibility was long, long before Disney owned them.