• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/16/days-gones-horde-vs-game-informer.aspx

• Clearing out finite number (indicator on top left)
  • Napalm Molotov crafting requires (Growler, Rag, Kerosene, Polystyrene)
  • Orange on radar = horde zone
  • He's using heavy machine gun
  • No hiding spot, always be running
  • Custom baseball bat with axe head and barb wire
  • 5 different types under the "explosive" category, unsure if there's more
  • XP pop can be turned off
  • Horde seems to only feature one type of freaker
  • You can leave the area to prepare supply, progress will be saved
  • Clearing horde gives you "legendary loot", e.g. this horde gives parts for your bike to carry more ammo
  • Huge hordes are kind of "end game"
  • Each item (explosive?) holding limit is 5
  • Grenades are extremely over powered now (3 nades clearing half hordes), they will be nerfing it
  • Freaker left ear, a type of currency is for bounty clearing in town
This is an alpha gameplay, they are aware of the character stucking, janky issues etc.

Last edited:

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
1425084704629.jpg

Nov 8, 2017
Throwing a molotov in the middle of a mass of freakers looks super satisfying. This is like that movie Edge of Tomorrow where you die over and over but as you learn the layout you get better and better with each iteration. I like that there are many different methods for dispatching enemies using the environment and can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The hordes are definitely impressive, these dudes suck though. I'm sitting here shouting to do these obvious things.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not really into this game, but those freaker hordes look like they are a really cool and fun feature. O: There's so much you can do with them.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool - it's the first new angle on taking on zombies that I've seen from this game, which is impressive for such a well-mined genre.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
How come morning works video wise from them on mobile? Any YouTube equivalent link up?

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
The game is handling this really well.
Like how they flow like water across the scenery, you can see individual ones jumping down ledges while others storm around.

Spas-shotgun action. <3

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, i know the devs keep mentioning how these sections aren't scripted, but i think I'd prefer if they were? you just kind of circle around the area like a headless chicken. it's visually impressive, but i'm not sure how fun it actually looks.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
If these parts with large horde on the screen run at stable 30 fps i'll be really impressed! Those poor little jaguar CPUs gonna get slaughtered lol.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Mmmm ... I actually didn't watch it to the end. That doesn't look fun to me. There's still time though ...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, this is my jam. Riding a motorbike into seas of zombies! Sign me the fuck up for this.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
That didn't look too fun imo, just constantly running around and being stuck using the same takedown methods.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing a molotov in the middle of a mass of freakers looks super satisfying. This is like that movie Edge of Tomorrow where you die over and over but as you learn the layout you get better and better with each iteration. I like that there are many different methods for dispatching enemies using the environment and can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

this made me chuckle, as it's the literal foundation of videogames.

this game looks better and better every time I see it.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
That didn't look too fun imo, just constantly running around and being stuck using the same takedown methods.

They could've done a few other things that we know that can be done during Horde encounters. For example, and you see a small portion of this in the video, they could've disengaged the ropes on the logs to rain hell down on Freakers chasing them. In one attempt, they create a choke point through a partially closed container to try to take out some Freakers as well. At any point they could've climbed into some trucks to get some height, but they didn't.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is where the game shines. The other gameplay footage where he's shooting random people and a few sparse zombies is less interesting to me.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Like the feel of the game a lot. Looks like the closest we've seen to World War Zs zombies

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Compared to the e3 demo this looked like it didn't have a lot of interactive elements . Hope that just means it's an early area.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a small horde as well and the main character is maxed out in these vids. Will be much tougher while you're just progressing through the game I'd imagine. Looks pretty dang sweet though.

Oct 25, 2017
This could be really fun. Not sure about this though:
  • You can leave the area to prepare supply, progress will be saved

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Looks like another generic zombie slaughter game, with just a little more polish than the usual jank.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't put my finger on it, but I can't quite get excited about this horde tech they are touting. How does it differ from Deading Rising zombie groups other than movement speed? I feel like this is decade old tech that they are touting as brand new.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't put my finger on it, but I can't quite get excited about this horde tech they are touting. How does it differ from Deading Rising zombie groups other than movement speed? I feel like this is decade old tech that they are touting as brand new.
Go play the dead rising games and see the difference?
Not getting excited is one thing that's a personal thing don't diminish the tech that's going on here tho