• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
God damn these threads are pathetic.

My brother is having a really good time with this, and I plan to play it after I burn out on MHW again (RIP PC) in a few weeks.

I bet I'll like it like most other folks.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A AAA multi million dollar marketed game selling more than all those incredible indie games. Just WOW.

On this point, even though it is multiplatform, Anthem was in development for 7 years by a studio of roughly 800 employees. In contrast, Days Gone was in development for 4 years by a studio of only roughly 136 employees (60 at the start of development). So yea....quite a difference in scope and budget lol.

Sekiro falls somewhere in-between. It too was in development for roughly 4 years, by a studio of around 283 employees. I believe they were also working on a smaller VR title (Deracine) alongside Sekiro for a period of time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was......ok.

Not up to the Sony FP standards honestly. I would give it a solid 6 out of 10.

It has some definite highlights for sure, but there is a lot of just blehhhhhhhhhh. Many time I wish it was just over. Horde fights are the definite stand out.

Having said ALL that, this is a good first attempt and there is a solid foundation there. Hopefully they take what they know and make a better game on the PS5, because tech wise the game wasn't great either.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
as somebody still 3 or so hrs into the game have to say i don't quite get the early game slog complaints. like yeah it's certainly not exhillarating but if this is the "worst" of it, then hot damn

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol at the people who legitimately thought this was going to be a failure 😂

My game of year easily so far. It's excellent!

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Gaming as a medium will become a better place when its enthusiasts learn the meaning of "its not for me and that's okay"

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
as somebody still 3 or so hrs into the game have to say i don't quite get the early game slog complaints. like yeah it's certainly not exhillarating but if this is the "worst" of it, then hot damn
Yea. I honestly think horizon started out slower (not saying bad), but people just bring it up for this.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The game is basically Bend's Drake's Fortune; extremely generic but there is something in there (from the characters, bike, world and hordes) which if improved could allow Bend to have their own Among Thieves.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Some Notable New IP releases so far in 2019:
Anthem
Days Gone
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Left Alive
Generation Zero
Dreams (Early Access)
Blood & Truth
Outer Wilds
Slay the Spire
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
My Friend Pedro
Judgment
SolSeraph
The Church In The Darkness
Sea of Solitude
Katana Zero
My Time at Portia
Vane
Wargroove
A bunch more Indie Titles.

Still to come:
Rad
Remnant: From the Ashes
Oninaki
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Control
Astral Chain
The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
Warsaw
GreedFall
Daemon X Machina
Code Vein
Concrete Genie
Indivisible
The Outer Worlds
Death Stranding
The only real serious contender for the crown there is Death Stranding. Maybe Outer Worlds has a chance if it's really good and catches the Fallout crowd.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see RE2 doing well it deserves it.

Days Gone was alright I guess not a bad game but not an especially great one but I think Bend are a good studio and they'll be able to build on it in a sequel.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
The game is basically Bend's Drake's Fortune; extremely generic but there is something in there (from the characters, bike, world and hordes) which if improved could allow Bend to have their own Among Thieves.
Except Drake's Fortune was not generic for its time. It was on top of the game, and the remaster really lets it shine a bit more. It has some generic villains for sure, but the rest of the cast is nice. A few moments are weird or cornier than need be, but overall it's still a solid entry with a nice, cohesive island.

Bend's is probably more accomplished overall. And this will indeed set their studio up for a bigger push and a grander game.

Oct 25, 2017
Except Drake's Fortune was not generic for its time. It was on top of the game, and the remaster really lets it shine a bit more. It has some generic villains for sure, but the rest of the cast is nice. A few moments are weird or cornier than need be, but overall it's still a solid entry with a nice, cohesive island.

Bend's is probably more accomplished overall. And this will indeed set their studio up for a bigger push and a grander game.
The irony of being called male tomb raider back than....

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Happy for Bend. I'll eat crow since I shit on the game before release and ended up getting the platinum with it. I had a ton of fun. Liked it a lot more than stuff like RDR2.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It did sell great, especially considering the reviews pointing to a "mediocre" game. People are just trying way too hard to push its success.
Imagine downplaying a game's success that you don't care about. Being worried that somehow people celebrating that success are "trying too hard". Being this salty about people liking something you don't like for reasons.

w00zey

Nov 23, 2018
Probably less. If the truck is ready then you are going to do the final mission next.

Then there are some smaller missiond that tie the loose ends that you can play but you can watch those on YouTube.
I had to laugh. I got home and the next mission was the final mission. Truth be told even if it was 3 hours I would have done it.