• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Not bad.

I think this post nails what they were going for.
One thing i do like about the Days Gone box art is that it does a pretty good job of explaining what the game is about, hordes of zombies, motor cycle, gun, large open area. It's communicating to the player what to expect, which is what all box art should try to do.

Way too many western box art just settles for serious looking guy holding a gun, looking at nothing in particular.

Edit -

This is the key art it is based off of.

Dm_B9HDVAAEPUnY.jpg:large

Last edited:

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
ooohh that looks good.

way better than standing with back turned to you etc etc

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yes! That's the picture everyone was saying they wanted when they revealed it as the key art I believe

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Personally not a fan of it. I'd love to have had more of a scenic box art, like him sitting on the bike on a cliff edge overlooking a valley full of zombies (showing the scale of how many can be seen) and how expansive the environment can be.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. I like how large and imposing the type face or logo looks too.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does its job to portray the game well enough, but doesn't exactly strikes me as beautiful.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks preety cool. Although the boxart does remind me of this trope XD :

record scratch
freeze frame
"Yep ,thats me right there.You're probably wondering how i got in this mess"
*X Hours ealier*

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty decent. I was expecting the worst with how boring Sony's first party box arts have been.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Bout a million times better than 'brooding dude with his back to the camera' we've seen in countless games.

Oct 27, 2017
Something is off...like he's posing while a horde of zombies are coming at him. At least show some sort of fear or uncertainty like TLOU did in their boxart.

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's certainly representative of the game. Actually, it's not bad and has more color than I expected. But it could definitely use more color, imo.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Doesn't look to far off from that mock-up someone here came up with not too long ago.