• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming that the ring shown during the loading screen at the end has some sort of narrative significance. Perhaps its a memento of Deacon's wife.

Oct 25, 2017
They just really need to shore up that framerate, I'm sure this is an old build, but otherwise this looks awesome.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
I mean, I get a large part of the draw is the horde-like mechanic with the zombies ("freakers" lol) but it just feels like a faster paced Dead Rising with blander weapons. I could see this style of encounter becoming boring after the first half dozen times you do it. Shame there isn't location or environment-based traps you can use, like reversing or pushing one of the construction vehicles into the pit.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Close quarters combat looks janky as hell...combat in general just doesn't look good or punchy.

Graphics look good I suppose, but I'm still not sold on this game. I think they're definitely missing some special sauce here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I mean, I get a large part of the draw is the horde-like mechanic with the zombies ("freakers" lol) but it just feels like a faster paced Dead Rising with blander weapons. I could see this style of encounter becoming boring after the first half dozen times you do it. Shame there isn't location or environment-based traps you can use, like reversing or pushing one of the construction vehicles into the pit.
you have environment-based traps in the game, take a look at the first gameplay trailer, nothing mindblowing but they are in it.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Still not as polished as I hoped it would be based on the animations.

If this is still an old build, then they should not even bother showing this same area or anything from this stage of development.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Freaker hordes look cool but combat and the overall flow feels a bit meh. He said in the video you could not run away and then spends most of the encounter running away. I wonder how in-depth the traps etc go or is it all just bombs and proximity mines next to convenient red barrels? I saw the log rolling trap, which seems useful for killing 2 or 3 enemies but when 300+ are coming, everything seems a little drawn out. Maybe the deeper it gets the more varied the ways will be to tackle each encounter,.

Oct 27, 2017
The Freaker hordes look cool but combat and the overall flow feels a bit meh. He said in the video you could not run away and then spends most of the encounter running away. I wonder how in-depth the traps etc go or is it all just bombs and proximity mines next to convenient red barrels? I saw the log rolling trap, which seems useful for killing 2 or 3 enemies but when 300+ are coming, everything seems a little drawn out. Maybe the deeper it gets the more varied the ways will be to tackle each encounter,.
What he means by run away would be that you can escape but the horde will still be on your tail so you will have to deal with them sooner or later.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What he means by run away would be that you can escape but the horde will still be on your tail so you will have to deal with them sooner or later.
Ahh I see. That makes sense. I wonder if its possible to draw out and deal with smaller groups or is it always a great blob of Freakers that chases you?

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've seen this a few times in one form or another. Generally it looks good, I like the idea of having to prep the area before wading in. Is the framerate a bit stuttery though? I can handle framerates that aren't locked but even I noticed what I assume are drops.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
The combat still looks ass and janky.

The shooting is below average too.

I'd like to see the framerate when the horde kicks in.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Gun sound and physics continue to be horrible with shaky framerate, but according to Bends tweet it's the same build from E3 so hopefully we will see a new updated build soon.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Some of the trailers have made the world seem pretty and the motorcycle stuff alright, but man the gameplay looks like such trash. The framerate, the movement, the plastic looking and sounding gun. Also the World War Z type zombie hordes seems like a pretty dull choice. They did mention rival factions/human enemies too so at least there's that.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Why can't they show something new and less janky? A mission from start to end edited down to a 5 minute clip would be nice.

It comes across as if they aren't confident enough to show the rest of the game.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
So I watched the first ten seconds of the video and there's a red barrel conveniently placed against a pile of logs. Could you imagine if someone did that in real life? MASSIVE safety hazard.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be a game where you'll be doing a lot of kiting. Setting up traps, choke points, and planning routes before you agroo the horde seems key.

The challenge the devs faced must have been balancing the hordes speed vs being able to turn and fire without almost immediatly having to turn and run again. Which could become rather cumbersome and annoying, but they've added a slowdown while hipfiring giving you longer time on offence.

Really curious to see how this combat loop is recieved at launch.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The mini-map becomes unnecessarily cluttered with those dead freaker indicators, and that explosive effect at 3:48 looks dreadful.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
They've realllllly over exposed this area. I get that they want to keep other parts of the game under wraps but holy shit they should find another area besides this one. Has to be 15 times we've seen a different walkthrough of this area lol.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
is there any confirmations around the subject that the current build players are playing is the same one GI showed over a year ago?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The guns still look pretty weak/shit, like there's no impact at all. No feedback, no visual blood decals etc. just some airsoft guns.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
Yikes. If Shu thought God of War was an impending disaster what does he think about this?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of my dream type games is to have that level of dynamicism, danger in the zombies/infected. But play with friends, maybe even have a survival type mode/map where you compete with out her groups for resources, etc. And can utilize the hordes like that against each other or have to actually fear them.

I'm looking forward to this, but someday, I need that.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
The mini-map becomes unnecessarily cluttered with those dead freaker indicators, and that explosive effect at 3:48 looks dreadful.

This has be an old build, right?

1yejea.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1kEWTd0.gif

I'm pretty disappointed (but not surprised) that the shooting doesn't seem to have improved.

Personally, I think guns should have recoil/impact/feeling of power, especially if they're large automatic weapons. He may as well be watering plants with a hose.

I know this isn't important to everyone, but in a game where shooting is a major component it's a deal breaker for me.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I played it Friday at PAX and was completely underwhelmed. It didn't have that usual polish that most Sony games have. It could use a delay.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to give this game a try because Sony has been on a roll with the exclusives. Even ones I wasn't originally interested in have been great but this game still looks questionable.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how quickly the positivity and negativity fluctuates between threads for this game.

Can trust Era not to keep up.

I played it Friday at PAX and was completely underwhelmed. It didn't have that usual polish that most Sony games have. It could use a delay.
The thing you played is 7+ months old. It was delayed already so that they could polish it. Keep up.

I'm pretty disappointed (but not surprised) that the shooting doesn't seem to have improved..
It's a 7+ month old build. Jeez, c'mon folks.

Yikes. If Shu thought God of War was an impending disaster what does he think about this?
That the game is impressive, shows promise, and is fun. Shu is able to see the game in a more recent state than 7+ months ago you know?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They've shown this mission at least 3 or 4 times by now and I still don't think it's a good mission to show off the game. It looks more frustrating than fun. You can set up a few proximity mines here and there but you're not going to be able to take out 300 freakers with them so once they trigger the mines you're going to end up running around in circles trying to shoot the rest.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Old build for sure at PAX. I'd wait for a more official video like they've started the other day in that series.