• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
i don't like all game doing this (but i buy them in the end)
i want my solo games to have zero anti consummer practice attempting to kill second hand market with content you can suspect could be there day one in a less greedy world.

JoyfulPlushBlesbok.gif

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I like free stuff that adds new things to do after the game launch. Ubisoft has been pretty good with this, so I'm glad to see that Bend is doing something similar.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Really dont like this trend in Sony games where the Hard(est) mode comes after launch. I want to play the hardest game possible on day 1!!!

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plans could have changed, but at one point at least it was planned as 3 story packs. They changed the final digital deluxe to not include these packs and have not officially announced the paid DLC plans.
DyKHYekX4AAX2lq.jpg:large

Why should it have been here at launch? The game that is released already takes 60+ hours to 100%
Never said it should have, just saying it's great marketing even if they could have included it. How hard would fast travel have been to include our you just think they thought about it 3 years into development and couldn't get it in on time but can announce it now?

Anyways this game sure looks a lot better now and I think it will surprise those who continue to doubt it. It will easily sell 3 million in the end.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
People who are "whining" for the survival mode at launch (like me) are not haters, they just want to play the game in what they believe is the best possible way.

A lot of people don't play again a 50 to 100 hours open world a second time so they want the maximum difficult level right at the start.

Just watch my post history then return here and say to me that i'm a days gone hater with a straight face, go ahead.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry, i'm just really hyped for the game and i love very hard mode in games like this.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Are people really complaining about free post launch support? Because this is gamefaqs YouTube level posting.
I mean, it is okay to wish having everything available day one, but this is not how it works. Then people go mad about crunch in game development.
People who are "whining" for the survival mode at launch (like me) are not haters, they just want to play the game in what they believe is the best possible way.

A lot of people don't play again a 50 to 100 hours open world a second time so they want the maximum difficult level right at the start.

Just watch my post history then return here and say to me that i'm a days gone hater with a straight face, go ahead.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry, i'm just really hyped for the game and i love very hard mode in games like this.
They have announced this before launch, so just wait a few weeks and enjoy the game the way you want.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

I will try to ignore things like survival vision or fast travel.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Are people really complaining about free post launch support? Because this is gamefaqs YouTube level posting.
I mean, it is okay to wish having everything available day one, but this is not how it works. Then people go mad about crunch in game development.

They have announced this before launch, so just wait a few weeks and enjoy the game the way you want.
nah, i'm too hyped for this game to wait that amount of time.
i just hope that hard mode is hard enough.

Deleted member 40335

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Man I hope they add a hunger, and sleep mechanic to the survival difficulty, the game looks like it's a perfect fit for it.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Meh. Was hoping for a paid expansion where you play as Boozer. Hopefully, it still happens.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
That's not how GaaS works.

Oh my god you are so so so wrong! And yes, GaaS is not derogatory, but it isn't such a broad blanket term as you are making it out to be.
They have weekly challenges and other weekly content. It is GaaS, full stop.

Edit. Arguing about semantics on this matter is stupid, it is a very broad term. People seem to get offended when a game they like is called GaaS. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Withholding the survival difficulty until 1,5 months after release is shitty. I would want to experience it in my first playthrough.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
damn, now i want a boozer's dlc like you.

Watching the 60 minute intro from Game Informer last year, I always thought that it would have been a given to have a Boozer DLC. I'm still hoping though. They originally had a three DLC pack that was supposed to release. I'm hoping that they're still a go and just been delayed to later in the year.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not complaining about the free content such as increased difficulty, new modes, bikes etc., game looks cool and looking like it might end up being really good, so more post release content is welcome. What was disappointing was that there's no HUD options in the base game, basic features I'd expect especially for this type of game, and this update just showed there are options/ability to disable but not in the base game and not coming until 2 months later, and might even be locked to the hardest difficulty only, a setting I rarely if ever use. That just doesn't make sense to me. I'm hoping a patch fixes that though and they add the options in like normal, hopefully before the June update.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Watching the 60 minute intro from Game Informer last year, I always thought that it would have been a given to have a Boozer DLC. I'm still hoping though. They originally had a three DLC pack that was supposed to release. I'm hoping that they're still a go and just been delayed to later in the year.
finger crossed.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
eople seem to get offended when a game they like is called GaaS. It's ridiculous.
Nope, I love Street Fighter and I'd agree completely that SFV is a GaaS title, it'd be silly to say it is not. What's wrong is people using GaaS to describe a wide variety of titles, like you are doing.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Withholding implies that they are done balancing it. Do you have any evidence of that?
Maybe they're withholding it to flesh out their 'free dlc', maybe they don't think allowing players to play without maps, survival instincts, fast travel, etc on a first playthrough is important enough to merit including it on launch. Shitty either way.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Maybe they're withholding it to flesh out their 'free dlc', maybe they don't think allowing players to play without maps, survival instincts, fast travel, etc on a first playthrough is important enough to merit including it on launch. Shitty either way.
Or maybe it's simply not ready for release. Your accusations are baseless

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Combat challenges are quite interesting wonder will they add leaderboards as well?
Getting closer to the co-op dream.

I feel the slight disappointment in Survival not being in at launch. I like to play games and sink in my 50-100 hours right then and there, I rarely go back once I'm finished with a game.

Even the great God of War I haven't relayed yet with the new game+ updates

Still some of us are evoking our entitlement card really hard right now lol

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Nope, I love Street Fighter and I'd agree completely that SFV is a GaaS title, it'd be silly to say it is not. What's wrong is people using GaaS to describe a wide variety of titles, like you are doing.
I just simply could not disagree more.

And nothing can change my opinion on this matter, so let's just agree to disagree.