• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone is almost here! The team at Bend Studio can't wait for players to test their luck against three difficulty modes that ship with the game on April 26. Whether playing Easy, Normal, or Hard mode you can expect a game that challenges your survival skills across a 30+ hour golden path and many more hours of open world hordes, ambush camps, infestation zones, mysterious NERO checkpoints, and dynamic events in the post-apocalyptic Oregon setting.

Not only does this world come for you, but starting in June, a whole new difficulty mode and new challenges each week are coming for all Days Gone owners with an active internet connection — for free!

'Survival' difficulty mode tests players by daring them to beat the story with increased difficulty settings, no fast travel or Survival Vision, and an immersive HUD that removes maps and indicators from the gameplay screen. Every tweak and change made is designed to further immerse players and ratchet up the tension to make this the definitive survival experience.

Each week beginning in June, a new Bike, Horde, or Combat challenge will be deployed to test players even further. These challenges take key gameplay features of Days Gone, and twists them in unique ways to earn additional items and rewards. We'll give you more information on the specific challenges down the road.

Beating the Survival Difficulty and challenges won't be in vain — players can earn new trophies and unique bike skins to show off in photo mode to prove they're bonafide Days Gone survivors. Are you?
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/24/days-gone-free-dlc-kicks-off-in-june/

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll hold off buying until June to try that Survival mode.

Sounds reminiscent of a similar post-launch mode added to Far Cry Primal which was quite good.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I hate when devs do this. (Not the free stuff obviously)

Give me all the difficulty level at launch ffs...

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I have to expend energy turning on my PS4 to download this, so technically it's not "free." This is paid DLC. My body is paying the price.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

They redesigned the PS Blog? Since when?

'Survival' difficulty mode tests players by daring them to beat the story with increased difficulty settings, no fast travel or Survival Vision, and an immersive HUD that removes maps and indicators from the gameplay screen. Every tweak and change made is designed to further immerse players and ratchet up the tension to make this the definitive survival experience.

Come on why do we have to wait till June, I want this now :(

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I hate when devs do this. (Not the free stuff obviously)

Give me all the difficulty level at launch ffs...
Same. You can only experience everything for the first time once. After that, you already know what to expect from the game, so playing on the new difficulty later on results in a less good time than it could've been. RE2 on Hardcore first time through was amazing.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Eh it most likely requires some fine tuning remember they did not add difficulties into very late.
Still dont like this thing but i guess you have a point.

My problem is that i don't re-play open world games very much, so the first time i want the full experience.

They did this with horizon and spidey, i hate this politics...

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to play on the hardest difficulty setting possible. That sucks. The "Hard" mode in the game will probably mean instakills from enemies while at the same time having tons of loot and health packs.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
and an immersive HUD that removes maps and indicators from the gameplay screen.
What the hell is this? I was pretty disappointed that the game apart from XP indicators didn't have any HUD options, that stuff is pretty standard especially for a SP story driven game where you'd want to be immersed in it, but having HUD options as an update 2 months later? & looks like it's tied to difficulty? That's so lame. :/

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
YES! Very nice. Days Gone is great so far. So more of it is music to my ears.
You have it?

What the hell is this? I was pretty disappointed that the game apart from XP indicators didn't have any HUD options, that stuff is pretty standard especially for a SP story driven game where you'd want to be immersed in it, but having HUD options as an update 2 months later? & looks like it's tied to difficulty? That's so lame. :/
Probably not those changes can come sooner, it just that mode will force it off. Have to wait and see.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
You do realise there is a substantial period between the game going gold and it being released. This is most likely stuff that was done in that time.
So? They can add everything they are working on with a patch like what are they doing now with corrective patch 1.02 or 1.03.

I'm not talking about the new mission, i'm talking about the survival mode.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
Calling that Free DLC is almost false advertising, but ok.
DefiniteClumsyCoelacanth-small.gif

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
There exists promo material with 3 DLC story packs, but they have yet to talk about them officially. Hope they still plan to do them.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, i may pick up the game in june. Hopefully this means few extra trophies as well.

Early impressions seems good so far and i dig the weather system they implemented.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So? They can add everything they are working on with a patch like what are they doing now with corrective patch 1.02 or 1.03.

...dude you really being unreasonable here these things are not simple as you describe.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Looking forward to hearing about a Frozen Wilds type of DLC later down the line that's all that matters to me.. this is just bonuses...

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
You do realise there is a substantial period between the game going gold and it being released. This is most likely stuff that was done in that time.
Or it could be cut content offered as "free DLC" to incentivize you to keep your copy around. Seems like a trend with SP games these days.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to hearing about a Frozen Wilds type of DLC later down the line that's all that matters to me.. this is just bonuses...
I do enjoy me a good expansion. More games need to do it. Especially Sony's stuff them lil extra episodes are cool(looking at you Spider-Man) but a good ol $10-$15 expansion is always a damn good time

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Patch or add-on from the PSN store. It doesn't matter. It's still free content being added to the game.

Or it could be cut content offered as "free DLC" to incentivize you to keep your copy around. Seems like a trend with SP games these days.

It isn't cut content and what trend exactly? Which games have done this "these days"?