• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hyped?

• Hyped to the max

Votes: 173 9.6%
  • Semi hyped

Votes: 429 23.9%
  • Low hype

Votes: 305 17.0%
  • No hype

Votes: 570 31.8%
  • Negative hype

Votes: 150 8.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 167 9.3%

• Total voters

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped for the Review Thread. It should be Era's best thread of the year, bar none.
I'm really looking forward to the Review Thread. I don't know precisely how it'll perform, but I think it's going to be a lot higher than many seem to be thinking. If one actually looks into impressions, since there was two hands-on for multiple hours events last month and this month, the people who played the game for several hours are more than subtlety hinting this game may be a gem. Some people who are reviewing the game are also hinting on Twitter that this may be one to look out for. When press are hinting this so close to release/review embargo, usually it's a good sign it'll go over well.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's the first big Sony exclusive in years that I am not interested in at all, so no hype. I will closely follow its release and its reception though. If the game turns out to be amazing, I might give it a try after all.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I watched the story trailer and it was bad enough to keep me from watching or reading anything else about the game. But some claim it's fun so I'll check some reviews and watch a gameplay vid when the time comes. Wasn't actually aware it was coming this week until a couple days ago.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm hyped for the Review Thread. It should be Era's best thread of the year, bar none.
Eh I feel like this is a game where glowing reviews won't make a difference, you're interested or you're not
But I suppose there were anti Horizon people prior to release swayed by reviews

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it, but I'm expecting something that's merely good that also has lots of potential. Hoping it does well enough to get a sequel if that's the case.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero hype, which is weird because I loved pretty much all big Sony exclusives so far. Still kinda curious about reviews

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Semi hyped, I'm in the mood for a zombie game. If it gets good reviews(85+), I'll probably impulse buy it.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Voted semi hyped as I'm still waiting on impressions/ reviews, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll check all/ most of my boxes

Strong narrative single player
Open world with lush world to explore
Mount and free roam with upgrades
Crafting
Various ways to engage obstacles
Emergent ai with zombie hordes/ animals

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Not hyped at all but it isn't the game per se i can't get hyped in general for some time now maybe e3 will change things

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Very little interest in it as things stand. The open world fatigue finally got to me recently, fast zombies have never been interesting (maybe in L4D I suppose...) and all of the gameplay videos have looked very ordinary to me.

If Rage 2 wasn't coming out a couple of weeks later I might have picked it up but with me being cold on open world games at the moment I decided to go with one or the other and Rage 2 looks really, really good.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
No interest. Looks extremely bland and the protagonist is really uninspired.

Also Zombies have been done to death.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty hyped. I need a good game that isn't too stressful and has an interesting world and story. Need something to wash the bad taste out of my mouth that Sekiro left.

It's also gorgeous

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hyped, have it pre-ordered. Not expecting God of War or Horizon greatness, but not too far from it either.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Semi hyped. About Spiderman or horizon level maybe. I'm pretty hyped to play it, just not quite to the level of say, god of war or upcoming last of us 2/death stranding.

Oct 27, 2017
Very hyped. It snagged my attention years when it was announced, and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind. It appears to have a ton of stuff in it that I love (open world, realistic visuals, post apocalyptic, interacting systems/AI, etc). So yeah, looking forward to it.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Very little interest in it as things stand. The open world fatigue finally got to me recently, fast zombies have never been interesting (maybe in L4D I suppose...) and all of the gameplay videos have looked very ordinary to me.

If Rage 2 wasn't coming out a couple of weeks later I might have picked it up but with me being cold on open world games at the moment I decided to go with one or the other and Rage 2 looks really, really good.
Yeah, even stuff like Shadow of the Tomb Raider which I played recently are really tiring. Can't imagine myself playing another open world game for a while unless it's REALLY good.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped to the max. It's at the point where I don't feel like playing anything else and when I do I'm not feeling what I'm playing because I'm just thinking of next weekend with Days Gone and Avengers Endgame.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome and more unique than many give it credit for but I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of games I have to play right now. Excited to play it but it will have to wait a bit. Definitely picking it up at some point this year though and it would be fantastic for Sony Bend if it's a hit with it being their first true AAA home console game.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No hype.
It seems a good game for it's audience, but I don't like games with zombies and things like that (except a few ones like TLoU).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone's debut video on PlayStation channel has more views than Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

There is a huge number of zombie fans who are not used to such a AAA/Sony level of polish game, and they are hyped.

Edit: LOU2 gameplay vid has 1 million more views, but Days Gone is in Sony's top 10 views ever on their channel at 11 million

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Not hyped. It would take a lot for me to be interested in this game. I'm feeling this way about Sony's first party titles lately. Well, until Japan Studio comes out with something again.

Oct 27, 2017
Not hyped sadly. Need some reviews. I like zombies a lot. I think the idea is sound, it just looks super rough to me and it might be yet another junk food type ubi open world checklist-a-thon.

Nov 28, 2017
I'll be very hyped once it goes on sale half-price. I feel it's pointless to purchase single player games at full price, waste of money.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really looking forward to it. I probably won't get around to picking it up for a couple months though.

Apr 8, 2018
Low hype I guess. Still waiting to see more impressions and reviews too. If word for the game isn't that good by Friday, I'll probably just move the preorder I have for it towards Rage 2.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Really low, if I'm getting it, it will be after a good price drop.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Might take advantage of GameStop's 'it's basically free if you bring it back within 48 hours' deal, but it's more about being part of the discourse than expecting much in the way of quality.

It seems aggressively generic, and already five years behind the cultural interest point.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Days Gone's debut video on PlayStation channel has more views than Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

There is a huge number of zombie fans who are not used to such a AAA/Sony level of polish game, and they are hyped.

Edit: LOU2 gameplay vid has 1 million more views, but Days Gone is in Sony's top 10 views ever on their channel at 11 million
Sony also regularly posts their gameplay videos as ads as a means of boosting viewcount. It isn't always indicative of consumer interest.

Third party sites' coverage still has reasonable traction, but I do question how many of those views are going to translate into sales.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I have it pre ordered and have low hype. Mostly because I have to train my eyes back to 30fps mode. If Sony had a launcher on pc I would raise my hype level to semi.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No hype but it's been a dry April and I have a few days off next weekend so might pick it up anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm looking forward to it, I think it looks really good.

My hype isn't quite as high as it was for Horizon or God of War but I'm still getting it day one. I've had the Steelbook version pre-ordered since they announced it and look forward to playing it all next weekend.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Zombie apocalypse drama is a tough sell for me these days. Days Gone has been almost no hype from me since reveal, but I do wish it well and will give it a look if word of mouth is positive.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
I have resident evil 2 in my backlog if I need a AAA zombie game so no hyped in the slightest

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
tenor.gif

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a pretty big fan of what Sony have been doing with their first party titles, but I'm struggling to muster any real excitement for this game outside the gorgeous technical visuals. Everything else just looks so bland and trite. I hope I'm wrong though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was considering preordering but I have a 20% code which doesn't seem to work on preorders so i'll Have to wait for release day. Which means I can wait for the initial batch of reviews