• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

via Playstation Lifestyle

original.jpg

Days Gone will consist of a massive open-world with plenty of activities for players to partake in. As such, it shouldn't come as a surprise that its installment size seems a hefty one. The game's digital version alone will take up a whopping 67GB on the PlayStation 4. This number does not take into consideration the day one patch, either.

German website PlayFront revealed these details, after receiving a Days Gone press kit. In addition to confirming the title's install size, PlayFront also noted the day one patch will catch players up to Patch 1.02. It seems the update will not consist of anything game-changing, as it is chiefly intended to iron out bug fixes and the like.

When considering the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2, which had a file size of roughly 100GB, Days Gone's 67GB seems tame. However, when compared to other PlayStation 4 exclusives, that 67GB is shocking. Horizon Zero Dawn, a large open-world in its own right, weighed around 40GB. Meanwhile, God of War initially took up approximately 45GB of space. Minus its day one patch, Marvel's Spider-Man weighed in at 45GB.

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unreal 4's impact I would guess

most other first party games are using bespoke engines so they probably have greater control over packaging

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
terrible compression, I'm boycotting

jk,let's hope the big size translates to the scope of this game

J75

Sep 29, 2018

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
It's not the largest among Sony First Parties unless you don't count post patching. GTS is like 96GB.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Time to delete RDR2. I might get this Day 1 as my rest and chill game after sekiro. Ride along and shoot zombies but shall see

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I still blows my mind Sekiro managed to be like 12 GBs. Insanely impressive. Guess I'll have to clear some stuff from my Pro to download this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Being large in GB isn't a selling point for me. If anything, it just makes me less interested due to my poor internet and likely to be a day or more of downloading whatever patch is there.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like some of you complain just to complain tbh. There is no way this many people in 2019 in a forum that is typically technological people have bandwidth issues. I haven't had any issues with internet speed or bandwidth for literally 5+ years now and I don't live in a huge city.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like some of you complain just to complain tbh. There is no way this many people in 2019 in a forum that is typically technological people have bandwidth issues. I haven't had any issues with internet speed or bandwidth for literally 5+ years now and I don't live in a huge city.
i have awful internet speed , but so what? I will just leave it overnight to download , it might take two days or more , I am in no rush. The size of game files is expected for AAA because of assets. open world audio files and everything else . You would think in 2019 people would know what to expect from AAA games

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Size doesn't bother me since I have good connection now.

I will wait for the reviews before making my decision on the game, not into zombie type game atm hopefully the campaign is good.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Way to generalize. Someone being tech-savvy doesn't mean anything for where they live and the type of internet support in their areas. The US alone has one of the worst infrastructures if you live anywhere other than the typical cities. While you might have lucked out, don't paint your brush on others because you have it good.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Some of us live in rural towns/3rd world countries ect. In my area, 2Mbps is the only option available for internet. This would take me like more than a week to download.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people ridiculed Switch games for partial downloads after purchasing a physical copy of a game...