• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I feel like some of you complain just to complain tbh. There is no way this many people in 2019 in a forum that is typically technological people have bandwidth issues. I haven't had any issues with internet speed or bandwidth for literally 5+ years now and I don't live in a huge city.

Talk about ignorant. Just because you don't have bandwidth or internet speed issues means nobody else does? What the fuck?

This would take me a day to download, probably more. I have no other options for internet.

omark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Shadow of The Colossus: 13,63

The Last Guardian: 14,97

Driveclub: 15,74

Infamous Second Son: 27,78

Ratchet & Clank: 28,47

Bloodborne: 32,75

The Order: 34,82

Knack: 38,39

Knack 2: 40,08

Gran Turismo Sport: 42,99

Killzone Shadow Fall: 43,41

God of War: 46,56

Uncharted The Lost Legacy: 49,97

Until Dawn: 50,87

Horizon: 53,29

Uncharted 4: 64,58

Spiderman: 66,53

Days Gone: 67,XX

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I love how people equate game size to game length as if that's somehow a reasonable thing to do.

The haters on this game crack me up.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Deeply amusing seeing the posts that are passing on it entirely because of the download size. First time I've ever heard of such a complain in this board.

zb8kX3P.gif

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Remember when people ridiculed Switch games for partial downloads after purchasing a physical copy of a game...
There's a huge difference between the two. Anyone can actually play days gone without internet, or installing any patches. The same can't be said about some switch games, where half the game is missing from the cart.

Honesty, shouldn't be problematic.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
What's the general level of hype for this game at this point? Seems like the only person who's even mentioned it to me in the past half year was the girl behind the counter at GameStop trying to convince me she was more excited for it than any other game this year despite not owning a PS4.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and RDR2 I'm wondering if large data amount has something to do with storing day-night cycle global illumination information. Or is it a texture quality thing? It can't just be assets, right?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead is at 88GB right now and GTA5 is at 72GB games are just getting bigger for obvious reasons,

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Fun fact: this is exactly how much Spyro took at launch.

Remember when people ridiculed Switch games for partial downloads after purchasing a physical copy of a game...
It's incredibly stupid there and it'll be incredibly stupid here if they do it, add a second disc if you must. Chances are it's all compressed in the disc, though.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general level of hype for this game at this point? Seems like the only person who's even mentioned it to me in the past half year was the girl behind the counter at GameStop trying to convince me she was more excited for it than any other game this year despite not owning a PS4.

Pretty good, as it looks like.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Being large in GB isn't a selling point for me. If anything, it just makes me less interested due to my poor internet and likely to be a day or more of downloading whatever patch is there.
That's a big game. Probably the biggest I've downloaded outside of Red Dead 2 and Mafia III (which was just about the same size as Days Gone before DLC).

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

Been excited for it since it was announced. Day one for me, assuming Walmart ships my copy to me in time, but that's doubtful. They've already sent an email saying that it will be delayed because they sold out, even though I ordered it two years ago when it was discounted, and said it'd be cancelled if it didn't ship in 3 days.

I emailed them and got told they'd honour it regardless. Got the same email for Rage 2 though. The only two games I have ordered, and two of the only games I care about outside of Borderlands 3.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I love larger game sizes - means textures are actually quality, sound assets are quality, and it's a true "next gen" experience.

I bet this game takes people by surprise.

EDIT: For people complaining, buy an SSD when one is on sale and an external enclosure. It'll set you back $100-120.

Games are changing. Keep up.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they ship with 2 discs or managed to compressed it on one.

If not then I'll pass.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope people wont freak out when next gen hits with 100gb game file sizes

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Version 1.02 is 59.83GB as installed on my PS4. Unsure if this one has everything in the eventual "day one" patch, but it's been patched at least once since installing. (I am allowed to say this much.)

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
No. I'm not deleting old games—I play all of my games, seriously. This bullshit of 40, 50, 60+ GB install needs to stop.
Please list the games you play. I'm curious as to why you can't delete them.

Pretty good, as it looks like.

Wasnt wild lands like a top 3 seller of the year beside For Honor? Games that on the old site and here barely even exist? I could see the same for this game.