• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I cleared out a lot of games over the weekend. Most of which are games I already finished and don't plan on going back anytime soon. I have over 200gbs free so I'm ready for day 0.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
some of the replies

Pretty much Fuck anyone who does not want a game that forces a bullshit mandatory download from a offline based single player game.

Whatever narrative or progressive strategy being pushed here and in general about this subject is demented to say the least.

I'm tired of having people speak for me and say but poor internet , bad infrastructure, preservation

I have unlimited fibre, I can buy a new ssd anytime I want, I have plenty of space on my current hdd in fact

Sometimes I just want to buy a game and play it and not be sticked Into buying a fucking coaster

This progressive future being spun is at no ones benefit but your own, you can't allow a market to be shared , to give options And choice. Not everyone has to agree with either way of enjoying content.

But thanks for dismissing the concerns regardless .... at least you get your future and fuck anyone who enjoyed collecting physical games because it didn't fit with yours

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Seriously tho, why are so many people hellbent that this game will be bad? Why do you wish for a game to be bad ever? Wouldn't it being good be the better outcome? Every time?

Oct 25, 2017
No. I'm not deleting old gamesā€”I play all of my games, seriously. This bullshit of 40, 50, 60+ GB install needs to stop.
But you were going to hit a ceiling eventually. You would have reached a point where even a 5 gig game wouldn't fit if your HD was 496/500 gigs full. There must be older games you haven't touched that you can rotate out?

Also in terms of games size, it's a losing battle. The necessity of space is a given for assets and textures that need to accomodate for 4k resolutions, as well as HD audio and sound. Compression can only do so much as tech and resolutions demand so much more.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
So is the full game playable from disc install or is a download required to play and finish the game? Any chance it's on two discs like RDR2? I generally buy physical if possible still but if the disc or cart doesn't contain a complete product then I go digital.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
some of the replies

Pretty much Fuck anyone who does not want a game that forces a bullshit mandatory download from a offline based single player game.

Whatever narrative or progressive strategy being pushed here and in general about this subject is demented to say the least.

I'm tired of having people speak for me and say but poor internet , bad infrastructure, preservation

I have unlimited fibre, I can buy a new ssd anytime I want, I have plenty of space on my current hdd in fact

Sometimes I just want to buy a game and play it and not be sticked Into buying a fucking coaster

This progressive future being spun is at no ones benefit but your own, you can't allow a market to be shared , to give options And choice. Not everyone has to agree with either way of enjoying content.

But thanks for dismissing the concerns regardless .... at least you get your future and fuck anyone who enjoyed collecting physical games because it didn't fit with yours
To my knowledge, the game is entirely on the disc. All you have to do is install from the disc, and play it. Nothing is missing. There is a patch, but it's not required, to play.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
some of the replies

The game could be entirely on the disc. Most games are compressed on disc and expand when installed on the hard drive.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Seriously tho, why are so many people hellbent that this game will be bad? Why do you wish for a game to be bad ever? Wouldn't it being good be the better outcome? Every time?
People value the ability to say "I told ya!" more than they value the livelihoods of developers. Don't let them fool you into thinking otherwise.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
We all agree that this "27Go day one patch" is not confirmed at all ?
(for physical I guess)

Because the only moment I see 27Go as number, is the number of Go you have to download before playing it (when you download the game's 67Go from Store)

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they just shipped it on two disks like RDR.

I guess I should find something to delete because 67 gb requires double that to install.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it confirmed you need a download alongside the disc?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when people ridiculed Switch games for partial downloads after purchasing a physical copy of a game...
Is it really the same thing when this has been a thing for PS4, XBO for awhile...and many assumed games would fit entirely on the cartridge for the Switch.

Imagine getting a console that uses cartridges but you still have to download data to play the game.

And Switch games can use bigger carts but aren't. For whatever reason.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
What article(s) said is that it can be played after installing 27gb, and that it will have a small day one patch. At least that's what I found when Googling, because that didn't sound right based on what I read before.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Are you still using these?
floppy.jpg

Otherwise it's a strange request to ask for sizes to stop increasing.
I'm on DSL where I live. Do you have any idea how long it takes to download 50GB+ installs? That by itself is a problem (and mine), but then I've already hit critical mass. Hell, I can't play GT Sport because I can't download the latest patch. I look at what's eating my 1TB of space and it's things like 60+GB for Spider-Man and Gran Truismo, 50+GB for God of War, etcā€”games I will play again. The saddest part is that I own less than ten PS4 titles. I've already deleted a handful of digital titles to make room for some of those and decided that it's not worth it to me to shuffle data in and out this late in the console cycle.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm on DSL where I live. Do you have any idea how long it takes to download 50GB+ installs? That by itself is a problem (and mine), but then I've already hit critical mass. Hell, I can't play GT Sport because I can't download the latest patch. I look at what's eating my 1TB of space and it's things like 60+GB for Spider-Man and Destiny, 50+GB for God of War, etcā€”games I will play again. The saddest part is that I own less than ten PS4 titles. I've already deleted a few digital titles to make room for some of those and have decided that it's not worth it to me to shuffle data in and out this late in the console cycle.

I know your pain.

I have an extra one terabyte, and sometimes need to free up space to download patches, let alone new games. I'd like to delete certain games that are 67-76gb each, but know I'll be playing them again sometime soon and that it'd take two days to download them.

Having slow internet in a world that requires fast internet makes me want to jump off a bridge. There are no other options for me right now, else I'd go for it.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I know your pain.

I have an extra one terabyte, and sometimes need to free up space to download patches, let alone new games. I'd like to delete certain games that are 67-76gb each, but know I'll be playing them again sometime soon and that it'd take two days to download them.

Having slow internet in a world that requires fast internet makes me want to jump off a bridge. There are no other options for me right now, else I'd go for it.
I can only imagine your pain. I have a reasonable cable connection, but my son and daughter have recently discovered YouTube and all of a sudden I'm hitting data caps that I never knew existed.šŸ˜­